Blondie To Cover MJ's "Don't Stop"

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
[youtube]G6QUI-qJMTY&[/youtube]

1g9f65

Cover of the future album by Blondie, which will contain a cover of the Michael Jackson song "Don't Stop".​

Good for Deborah Harry! I love every corny second of this version!

Do you gals think you can do a better job on Karaoke night at the local Pizza House?

Let's enjoy it friends, it's all for L.OV.E.

Marty In LA

:shock: :shock: :shock: :wtf2 I can't believe that someone actually believes that..... This is just.... :lmao:
I know, I don't know how anyone could possibly say that! :lol:

MJ's Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough is anything but "dull", even the 'haters' would admit that.

I know, I don't know how anyone could possibly say that! :lol:

MJ's Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough is anything but "dull", even the 'haters' would admit that.

It's anything but 'better' than the original. LOL these people are nuts, but entitled to their opinions. I mean, have you heard the synth sounds she's using for the lead, they belong back in the 80s. Michael's version still sounds fresh today. Plus he's a far superior vocalist.

omg! this is despicable, I know I can do better on kareoke than this garbage. And whoever said that Michael's version is dull must have been "on" something.

But on the positive side like another poster pointed out, its keeping Michael's legacy alive and the estate is getting paid- hee hee!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :wtf2 I can't believe that someone actually believes that..... This is just.... :lmao:

The people who say things like this are probably the same type of people who think that Alien Ant Farms version of Smooth Criminal is better than Michael's lol

Good for Deborah Harry! I love every corny second of this version!

Do you gals think you can do a better job on Karaoke night at the local Pizza House?

Let's enjoy it friends, it's all for L.OV.E.

Marty In LA

But you see that you just compared Blondie to karaoke? lol She is supposed to be a pro not an amateur.

The people who say things like this are probably the same type of people who think that Alien Ant Farms version of Smooth Criminal is better than Michael's lol
Oh, yes that's funny too..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Urgh, I hate covers of Michael songs. It always sounds just so wrong. Michael's songs are difficult to sing anyway plus he sings them with such excitement and emotion you can't help but not be sucked in. People covering MJ songs just rips the emotion out.

Nothing against Blondie but this just isn't good enough to make me forget MJ's original or even push it aside for a minute. MJ's makes me feel like dancing...and I hate dancing.:D Blondie's makes me want to take a long nap.

I'm another who really doesn't like anyone covering Michael's songs. I have yet to hear someone else's version of an MJ song that is even half as good as the original.

I've just listened to Blondie's version and I think its terrible. It really does sound like bad karaoke... its definitely not going to get a lot of people wanting to play her version instead of the original.
Having said all that, I suppose we should take it as some sort of compliment that she wanted to use an MJ song on her album... (only positive that I could think of - lol!)

...and I can't even comment on the 'dull' thing, thats just plain ridiculous!

People are really starting to over-use that phrase.

EDIT: No offense. I said it out of love, L.O.V.E.

yEAH please..if people are going to overuse that phrase..please don't wear it out, and make it lose its meaning by over using that phrase. lol. i think the new purpose of using that phrase, is not to spread love..but to stop people from commenting. lol.

now..on the Blondie thing..i'm glad she's making it the title track on her album.

Or people who think Fallout Boy's cover of Beat It is better...people like my brother, lol.

With all due respect, Blondie's version is boring as hell!

Nothing like the original1

But at least AAF's version of Smooth Criminal was at least good though not as good as the original.

But this version...

Blondie closes out their sold out performance with Tribute Micheal Jackson's "Dont Stop Till You Get Enough" at the July 2009 Orange County Fair.

Id say, its cool to hear something "new" covering MJs songs, its a kind of refreshing..., even though it depends on who covers what, mostly it sounds great and the point is that MJ songs are presented for the audience of those artists fans.

Back