My story

MJ~And~Me

Proud Member
Twenty two years ago I was born with cerebal palsy. The horrible stories are not lingering in my head, as I was too young, but getting to an age of nine, I noticed that something wasn't right. It was that I couldn't play on swings, play football or anything like that, but to help me was my very close friends.

It was hitting me at night time one night time as the normal routine was happening, you know, eating supper, then reading a book, then going to sleep. One night time we couldn't find a book to read, someone put the radio on about eight o'clock, you know about that time I used to think what a rare life I had, still listening to the radio, a song came on, it went a bit like this: 'another day has gone, I'm still all alone, how could this be, that you're not here with me.?' I asked quite quickly who is this? My carer said isn't it Michael Jackson, I said 'yes, but what is it called?' before the carer could say anything I heard the four words 'you are not alone', at that second I became a big fan. The carer that was here for eight years but has now gone, but I'm being helped by Michael to get over it. The carer said 'I've got the video', my mind went blank, I didn't know what he looked like and was he saving lives on the video, like he did mine? I borrowed it the next day and he looked so caring and innocent, and from there on I've been calling him my Dad, because my Dad left my Mum and when I was only young, this is creepy listen, when Michael was only five years old, he couldn't play football or go on swings, and he had got a Dad, but his Dad used to beat him up. There are so many comparisons that I can't think of them all right now.

Years ago I had a carer called Helen, we used to play babyish games because Mum couldn't play with me when I was young. In the end Mum got worried because I was fifteen gong on sixteen and we kept playing these games, but that's because I didn't get a childhood, like Michael didn't. She went two years ago, again, like the carer that went after eight years, Michael helped me, but for this carer it was a song called 'have you seen my childhood?'
Now I will get to where I was going in this story. I've got a better life but not a normal life. I get hurt from my hands hitting my head from the involuntary body movements I have, I have medicine three times a day, and every time I go into hospital I wear a T-shirt because I've seen Michael visiting hospitals, so when I wear a T-shirt with him on it, it's like he's with me.

I'm not joking, but you can forget this part if you don't believe me, last year I had to go into hospital for a big back operation and they had their own radio station, which I don't think you can request any songs, but on the morning of the operation, what came on the radio? 'another day has gone, I'm still all alone, how could this be. that you're not here with me?'. That's right it was 'you are not alone', obviously by Michael Jackson. It took fourteen days to get over the operation, but as you can guess, it wasn't only the family and careers that helped me get over it, it was like Michael in spirit. No more songs came on, except for the one that Mum did request.
Unlike 'you are not alone', that was a year ago, but 5 years ago something disgusting and disrespectful happened to Michael, he was accused of child molestation. If I could have been in that courtroom I would have, but because I can't get on a plane because I cannot sit in a plane seat, they will not let a chair on board, which I find disgusting and bias, anyway I would have had to pay two carers. But I know that Michael believes in all of his fans that were supporting him through the awful trial. So don't you get it?

I eat, drink and breathe for Michael. So if it wasn't for Michael's song, 'you are not alone', I wonder if i would still be eating or drinking, or in a corner of a room rocking back and forward, or hey, I've got to be truthful, I might not even be here. Thanks to Michael, I feel that I can conquer anything, because Michael loves his fans, if you don't believe me about him being a lifesaver, do go on the internet, there is a website that has a story about a woman, he saved her life, and she became a fan, the same way I became a fan.
From Sam xx

OMG, I have cerebal palsy!
I suffer for being so in my Brazil, sorry, but it is true :(
Here is bad and people who can not respect physically handicapped!
I have more faith in God that will change this story!
I wish my story was different, the life I lead today
I want to live without prejudice, without discrimination! :(

I've dreamed about Mike, In my dream he told me to pray and have faith, my life would change!
I love Mike, very, I love the fans of Mike :better:

God bless you

:better:I wanted to die and live next to Mike with God, If I could choose

Thank you for sharing your story. :flowers: I love reading about how Michael inspired people in so many different ways. :wub:

Guys, you're an inspiration to all of us, disabled or not. You're beautiful people, and you've got the same value in society as everyone else, and more than those cruel able-bodied people! And you're much closer to god than any of us will ever be, because of your suffering.
Don't give up!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories..:hug:....You inspire people to do what is good and right in this world....and anyone who treats you bad because of your disabilities should be punished...that is THEIR ignorance..Bless you .

What a beautiful story sam - it's lovely that you get such comfort from being a fan.

Subis - I am saddened that your country takes such a view of your disability. People should be ashamed of their ignorance! My own daughter is disabled and in a wheelchair and occasionally we receive negative comments but generally people here are respectful and kind. I pray that your circumstances change or at least people's treatment of you improves.:angel:

Incredible stories and I'm speechless. :(

Michael inspires so many people around the world. :wub: I hate any kind of prejudice. :puke: Unfortunately, it exists :(, but I hope that one day it will end and people are more aware of how much that is ugly and wrong for society. :angel: And no matter what you are experiencing prejudice, ignore it and move on... ALWAYS! :yes: God is always watching over us. :angel:

These stories and many others for sure Michael would leave very happy and proud. :wub:

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Sam, your an inspiration to many around the world :clapping:

Sam thank you for your story it was very touching and beautiful.
My best friend was born with cerebal palsy too, so I understand it's very hard,
and I'm happy to hear that Michael helped you, he is an angel !

I'm not joking, but you can forget this part if you don't believe me, last year I had to go into hospital for a big back operation and they had their own radio station, which I don't think you can request any songs, but on the morning of the operation, what came on the radio? 'another day has gone, I'm still all alone, how could this be. that you're not here with me?'. That's right it was 'you are not alone', obviously by Michael Jackson. It took fourteen days to get over the operation, but as you can guess, it wasn't only the family and careers that helped me get over it, it was like Michael in spirit.

of course i believe, cause the same has happened to me,
it was miracle...

Sam has a great MJ collection too - everyone should check it out.:yes:[/QUOTE]

yes, that's true. I already checked it out. And I love it.:yes:
Sam, I just want to say thank you for sharing your personal story. You are also an inspiration to me.:yes: And your MJ-Collection is really great.:punk:

You know, Sam, I'm not going to lie to you. Your story actually made me cry. You must realize that, having a very limited capacity for, and range of, emotion, very few things in this world make me feel anything, much less to the degree this story made me feel. Perhaps it is because most people are petty and dishonest, and very much deserve every misfortune which casts itself upon them, that I am pretty much left untouched by most people's stories. Your story, and the way you narrate things, however, has a very different tone. I knew you were different from the start, and reading this, I can see that you are.

You're just like him, in a way, and perhaps that is why you identify with and love him so much. He's like a prince to you, as he is to me, and he saved our lives (although your story is much more interesting and impacting than mine.) You have a certain innocence about you, in a way, that is really too touching and beautiful for words. That, more than the actual events, is what moved me enough to actually cry.

I don't think it's strange that, at fifteen, you were still playing "baby games." It's preferred to what people usually do at fifteen, and I have no idea why your mother found reason for concern there. I reckon, in that way, you and I have that in common. Neither of us exhibited common behaviour when we were adolescents, and our mothers saw this unusual yet completely healthy deviation as a cause for concern. If I were your mother, and my fifteen year old daughter was playing "baby games" instead of going around chasing after smelly teenage boys like most 15 year old girls, I would believe in god and and thank him/her daily for the miracle that my daughter turned out to be a worthwhile person.

On the other hand, your mother appears to care about you, which is good. You need all the support you can get. My father, like yours, left when I was a baby, so there's more we have in common. I can see that you try to cope by viewing Michael as a father figure, though, which I find very beautiful. It's a good way to cope, and I am sure that he would and is giving you all the support you need, even if it's just in spirit.

In any case, I just wanted to tell you that you're a very special person, and that the way you see the world is not only unique, but also very beautiful. I am sure Michael would agree.

Thank you so much Sam for taking the time to share your story and for expressing how Michael's music and message has made a profound and lasting impact in your life. I believe in the healing power of music, it's ability to address our deepest emtional needs and the mystical way it can to communicate to us "You Are Not Alone". When Michael sings these words, I hear Truth with a capital T. I believe there are many people who believe and understand this in a very private way and don't know how to communicate as effectively as you did how the musical energy literally changed their life. Thank you so much and I hope to read more from you in the future about Michael!

Back