Anyone else still listen to music by cassette tape?

analogue

Proud Member
I don't do it all the time but every once in awhile i like to go old school and listen to the music i have on my cassette player. It just gives me a nice nostalgic feeling when i do it

I still have a cassette deck, but I don't play it much. I make tapes for my mom, though. I havea few 8 tracks too, but I don't have a player anymore. My grandmother has an 8 track player.

I just got an app for my iphone called "Thats My Jam"...very cool if you're looking for that retro feel of cassettes :)

I did up until a couple of years ago when my hi-fi packed in. Then when I got a new one it didn't have a player on it. Came across my walkman the other day when I was moving house. Fun times.

Sometimes, yes! Such a nostalgic feeling :) I only have tapes left where I've recorded music myself from the radio though.

I don't do it all the time but every once in awhile i like to go old school and listen to the music i have on my cassette player. It just gives me a nice nostalgic feeling when i do it

:punk:

As Always

:angel:

No. I don't even have a CD player any more (except for the one in my computer).

Listening to the Bad album on cassette right now. Good times

My only complaint is that The Way You Make Me Feel is edited down and Leave Me Alone is not included

Listening to the Bad album on cassette right now. Good times

My only complaint is that The Way You Make Me Feel is edited down and Leave Me Alone is not included
CD's could hold more material than records or cassettes. Also CDs had just came out then, so many albums of that period had extra songs added to them so people would purchase the CD players and buy the CD. Marketing, lol.

Sadly, I left aaaallll of my cassettes and tape players with my ass-wad ex-hubby. I had so many good ones, too, that I made and such. So I would, but unfortunately, I was an idiot at the time. :doh:

I do! Except for the actual sound quality, or whatever you want to call it, some of the very best music I own is/are the old cassettes.

I didn't listen to one, but I made someone a tape a few days ago. I have a tape deck and occasionally someone will hand me a blank cassette and want me to record something for them as they still have tape players in their cars.

I do-when they started making CDs, I wouldn't buy a CD player, and I couldn't find albums, so if there was something I really wanted, I got cassettes. My stereo system has a dual cassette system in it.

I bought a 1997 car back in 2001 that I still drive and it has a cassette player in it, but I just always listened to the radio. In 2009 after Michael died I dug out my OTW, Thriller, and Bad cassettes and play them constantly in the car. I could NOT believe how GREAT the speakers are in that car. :) They're the best speakers I've ever had. Also decided to break down and buy a couple of good boom boxes for other rooms. But they're combo CD players too.

I mainly use cassette tapes to record parts from TV, internet, games for fun and to remember those parts. I do sometimes record out of Michael too.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">October 8th 2016.</p>&mdash; Cassette Store Day (@cassetteday) <a href="https://twitter.com/cassetteday/status/722371121367105537">April 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I use a cassette adapter in my old Mitsubishi to play music on my phone, does that count? :lol:

Back