Is "Invincible" as good as previous MJ's Albums ?

Is Invincible as Good as previous MJ's Albums...

• YES

Votes: 188 64.6%
  • NO

Votes: 103 35.4%

• Total voters

loka

Proud Member
Is Invincible as good as previous albums ?

I will give you the results of this Pool with Fans in France soon

I think there are some fantastic songs, and I think his voice is at it's best on this album, but as a whole, no I don't think it's as good as his previous albums....imo

I think it's as good as Dangerous (my fav album).

I believe it is, but if there was more variety with many of the songs with more promotion of the album it would have been more successful.

yes it is. times changed and music styles changed. so did he! Invincible is an amazing album and my favourite album ever.

Invincible is the best album of the 00's, no doubt about it. Compared to his other albums some may say it isn't as good, but I L.O.V.E it, every song on there is amazing :woohoo: :)

Dangerous > HIStory > Thriller > Off The Wall = Invincible

yes it is. times changed and music styles changed. so did he! Invincible is an amazing album and my favourite album ever.

I'm so glad to read this...

I listen every kind of music. I'm 35 and Invincibile is also my favorite ever with Dangerous.

This album is the most "complete" of MJ...

Out of those two options I would have to go with "no", though I hate to say that. But pretty much every song on his previous albums made me want to sing along and often dance too.. But with Invincible some songs make me want to dance, some make me want to sing, so it just doesn't feel quite that magical/special/fantastic to me as his other albums even though it is a great album. :yes:
Em_Mj said a great thing about changing times and music styles. Could be that everything around me changed and I didn't.. :unsure:

Invincible is one of my favorite MJ albums, It's better than is some of his previous ones I feel :)

NO. for many reasons, I'll just say the album was over the top in every single department. It's not a bad album, but I feel MJ didn't want to do this album, he was so drawn out throughout the entire piece... and I don't know... it just lacked the umph his previous albums did. I mean lets look at his previous work:

OTW had DSTYGE

Thriller had Billie Jean

Bad had MITM

Dangerous had B&W (or WYBT)

HIStory had TDCAU (or SIM)

... What does Invincible have that stands out so much it leaves you breathless every. single. time like the songs listed above? None, It is consisted of great melodies, but nothing truly astonishing.. I still like the album though.

Yes it is, and whoever says the the opposite, he/she has a problem.

Favorite songs :)

-Speechless
-You rock my world
-You are my life
-Heartbreaker
-Whatever happens

Last edited:
Theres some good Songs on it but i voted no i thought the Album was rushed

Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Break of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Whatever Happens
Threatened

These are my favourites from the album. All incredible songs. Most albums that get praised these days dont even have 2 good songs.

NO. for many reasons, I'll just say the album was over the top in every single department. It's not a bad album, but I feel MJ didn't want to do this album, he was so drawn out throughout the entire piece... and I don't know... it just lacked the umph his previous albums did. I mean lets look at his previous work:

OTW had DSTYGE

Thriller had Billie Jean

Bad had MITM

Dangerous had B&W (or WYBT)

HIStory had TDCAU (or SIM)

... What does Invincible have that stands out so much it leaves you breathless every. single. time like the songs listed above? None, It is consisted of great melodies, but nothing truly astonishing.. I still like the album though.

Unbreakable and what ever happens or Lost Children are astonishing...

I think, most of the fans, would love it with videos...

The real pb is the lack of promotion...

Care to explain? :S

I think all of songs on this album are wonderful, i love them all, i know they are not like the other albums stylistically, but they are so future-alike, the fast tempo ones, its kinda a new age of music, the only few things that was missing is that there was no promotion, video clips for the songs, and there was like 2-3 songs should have been on this album like another day instead of 2000 watts.

Personally, I think it is as good as his previous albums and I could even say that it's better than History.....
I love Unbreakable, Heaven can wait, You rock my world, Speechless, 2000 watts :)ninja:), Whatever Happens and especially Threatened, they are some of my favourite songs......

I would have kept 2000 watts though...Perhaps "another day" instead a Slow Jam...

i think invincibles got everything in it
sxc mj-you rock my world/whatever happens
heartfelt mj-speechless/you are my life
AND he leaves a wonderful message as always-the lost children/cry
i agree with loka if it was promoted better it would have been even bigger maaaan i would kill to see a short film on threatened or even 2000 watts!
yeh but i def think its as good as his others :)

It is as good as anyother Michael' albums!

There are different things on ''Vince'' but it's still a Michael Jackson's album!!

The sound is different of course because the time changed and the music changed, new sounds appears, new forms of make music and Michael did it!

And also I think the voice of Michael change... I don't know how but have differences on his voice in each album (I'm talking about from Off the Wall just) I don't know if because of the time, because of the him age... Of course his voice was always good! I feel it changed a little bit. In Invincible his voice is so beautiful... with more charm LOL For me, Michael improve more to every album!!!!!

Last edited:
I voted yes, it's almost like we see a different side of Michael on every song. He incorporated a new sound into his material, that new sound and modern day "hip" is what makes Invincible so different from Michael's other albums, although Michael's music is timeless, Invincible was the first we heard from Michael working with the new musical sounds of the millennium.

It's such an unfair question. lol I love Invincible, lots of great songs, but is it my favorite? No. Most people cite Thriller as their favorite, but I like OTH better. Like someone said, times changed and music changed (even though some of the sounds in Invincible were *ahead* of the time imo), but there are people that wanted Michael to hold on to his 80s/90s sound, so they don't like it. It's subjective.

I realy believe that with a promotion, the album would be much appreciated...

What do you think about that ?

A video on Unbreakable, Threatened, what ever happens and nobody would discuss its quality...

"You may not vote on this poll". If I could, I should vote "yes". I love it as much as (if not more than) the others.
If my English is broken, thanks to correct.

@ Ioka I may not vote on mjfranceforum too. Impossible to sign up. I try since november.

Mj's favorites were Unbreakable, you are my life and what ever happens and Threatened.

...but there are people that wanted Michael to hold on to his 80s/90s sound, so they don't like it. It's subjective.

Yes, there are people think this way. But it's what THEY want, it ISN'T what MJ wanted! If he wanted stay on sound of 80s/90s he must made it on Invincible!

I realy believe that with a promotion, the album would be much appreciated...

What do you think about that ?

A video on Unbreakable, Threatened, what ever happens and nobody would discuss its quality...

Of course, if there was a very good promotion for Invincible and reached the top with more musics, no one would say nothing about its quality!

Ppl say that Thriller has Billie Jean and Beat it... Bad has 5 songs on top! Dangerous has BOW... and what Invicible has? If there was a normal promotion, realizes of others songs Invicible would has more than You Rock My World!

Back