would you go to a virtual reality concert from a deceased artist?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
would you go to a virtual reality concert from a deceased artist? if you could pick any era or time to see somebody perform.

thinking back to when celine dion performed with elvis presley on idol was a trip

A few years ago, there was this Elvis Presley "tour" where the original members of Elvis' 1970s band and backup singers The Sweet Inspirations performed with Elvis who was on a screen. The concert was shown on PBS. It was interesting. The band and singers had to to an exact replication of the old show. Everything was live except Elvis' vocals. There were a lot of people in the audience for this show. But I don't think there's many acts that this could be done with though.

Right now it sounds very weird so probably no. But who knows if technology will improve so that it will become a common thing to do in the future?

Billboard • Sept. 17, 2019
[video=youtube;-gK4t08Guu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gK4t08Guu0[/video]

It wouldn't be the same. I rather go back in time to see Michael during the Bad Tour, I'd go for May 23rd, 1988 show in Rome.

I might consider if they used real footage. Most likely it would be like the Slave to the Rhythm hologram. That didn't look good and they used impersonator.

Last edited:
That's a big maybe. my mother already said she wouldn't go because she would like to see the real him. :laughing: i don't know. i guess how real the hologram look. like PoP said maybe if they use real footage from his past concerts then that's a big maybe. think it would be nice for people who never seen him in concert and real life. especially newer fans. yes it won't be the real him or a real concert but it be something nice of Michael legacy. :)

To get the closest possible MJ live experience? I would go.

Slave to the Rhythm hologram was bad? Really? Yeah so it's only the latest in the technology, basically considered the distant future mere 10 years ago, and a damn close recreation of the original material unfolded before your very eyes...but naaaah, you can see it's not really MJ, it suuuucked :shutup:
You guys would probably write a waaaay more accurate code for that in C++

If they gonna do an hologram it got to be perfect. :rolleyes: Michael would not like that hologram they did with slave to the rhythm. it got look straight up real and look great. i guess we have to wait until technology get alittle bit more better. that's only if it can get that real. thinking about sounds very very very creepy and scary. but who knows what technology can bring in the future.

DuranDuran;4269485 said:
Billboard • Sept. 17, 2019
[video=youtube;-gK4t08Guu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gK4t08Guu0[/video]

Nice to see they doing a hologram of her. it looks nice. but they could give her something else nice to wear.

If they gonna do a hologram they gonna have to do all the eras. not just one era. that would cost a lot of money. but if they do it perfect like Michael always said and look straight up real then the money would be way worth it. that's only if technology can get that real. but who knows.

Last edited:
I wouldn't care if i cried at a MJ hologram concert. that's only if the hologram look very real and look beautiful. it would just shows how much we miss him and his impact he left on this earth.

To get the closest possible MJ live experience? I would go.

Slave to the Rhythm hologram was bad? Really? Yeah so it's only the latest in the technology, basically considered the distant future mere 10 years ago, and a damn close recreation of the original material unfolded before your very eyes...but naaaah, you can see it's not really MJ, it suuuucked :shutup:
You guys would probably write a waaaay more accurate code for that in C++

It wasn't good because it didn't look like Michael. It was just hologram of an impersonator. They just added cgi face.

It wasn't good because it didn't look like Michael. It was just hologram of an impersonator. They just added cgi face.

Yeah....just a boring hologram...it wasn't really a dead person...just some motion capture with added CGI face...what utter trash...the Lion King remake tops that any day. Next, please.

:no: :no: :no:

Guys...here we have a super advanced high-tech wonder that was used, of all things, to bring us back Michael Jackson! They could of brought back or created anything they could imagine. Godzilla...Abraham Lincoln...an army of Gremlins...anything! But they did Tupac and then they did Michael. It's incredible and worth every praise. You can not even begin to imagine the hard work that must have gone into that project. I mean...just animating a stick figure, with a circle instead of the head, to dance like Michael would take a lot of time and skill. But a project like this? I can't even start to imagine. Do you even realise how much money making that sequence must have costed? Do you realise that some corporate suit had to actually approve the budget for that?

But nooooo, it was just a boring hologram :puke:

edit
This is exactly the line between a fan and a fanboy. Think about that.

Yeah....just a boring hologram...it wasn't really a dead person...just some motion capture with added CGI face...what utter trash...the Lion King remake tops that any day. Next, please.

:no: :no: :no:

Guys...here we have a super advanced high-tech wonder that was used, of all things, to bring us back Michael Jackson! They could of brought back or created anything they could imagine. Godzilla...Abraham Lincoln...an army of Gremlins...anything! But they did Tupac and then they did Michael. It's incredible and worth every praise. You can not even begin to imagine the hard work that must have gone into that project. I mean...just animating a stick figure, with a circle instead of the head, to dance like Michael would take a lot of time and skill. But a project like this? I can't even start to imagine. Do you even realise how much money making that sequence must have costed? Do you realise that some corporate suit had to actually approve the budget for that?

But nooooo, it was just a boring hologram :puke:

edit
This is exactly the line between a fan and a fanboy. Think about that.

The hologram wasn't animated. They just shot video of impersonator dancing and added cgi face.

Back