The Neptunes

arXter

Proud Member
Ever since I joined MJ forums, I've been seeing their names drop so many times (especially since Mike missed out on a great opportunity to collaborate) so I'm sure we have fans.

Probably the greatest mainstream production of the noughties. Emphasis on mainstream, though, because I consider many other lesser-known producers to be far better. But still, you have to give it up to Pharrell and Chad for keeping the good music alive.

Some favourites:

mc7zhf.jpg

Common
Come Close
(Instrumental)

clvr7.jpg

Sade
By Your Side
(Neptunes Remix)

168wexe.jpg

JT
Señorita

Not sure if it's officially The Neptunes or Pharrel, but love the work they did with Madonna on Hard Candy.

Beat Goes On - Madonna ft Pharrel & Kanye West

[youtube]9bHqMvcbJbE[/youtube]

And yes, I wish Incincible had seen an MJ/Neptunes collab.

I love the neptunes :)
A lot of the songs they have done years a go still sound fresh and new today which for producers is rare now a days.

I really like them as well. I will post some of my favorites when I get home from work.

Not sure if it's officially The Neptunes or Pharrel, but love the work they did with Madonna on Hard Candy.

Beat Goes On - Madonna ft Pharrel & Kanye West

[youtube]9bHqMvcbJbE[/youtube]

And yes, I wish Incincible had seen an MJ/Neptunes collab.

I really like this; haven't heard it before. I need to get me a good dose of Madonna sometime.

And yes, Invincible really is insensible.

Big fan :)

I've seen N*E*R*D live

Lots of footage of The Neptunes recording Justin's Justified album on youtube.

[youtube]tG27HRBelCE[/youtube]

[youtube]sW_ePQRvrKI[/youtube]

[youtube]JYsqgScbPp4[/youtube]

[youtube]QtTj4cramPM[/youtube]

[youtube]64EwEc96Y24[/youtube]

[youtube]h2H2qsONajE[/youtube]

Last edited:
^ Girls Dem Sugar is really nicely composed. I remember obsessing over finding the instrumental back in the day and it was like finding the holy grail when I hunted it down.

Alot of there productions are cool but the artists they produce beats for make crap music though

I really like this; haven't heard it before. I need to get me a good dose of Madonna sometime.

And yes, Invincible really is insensible.

The superb Candy Shop

[youtube]sYdVm3P1kb4[/youtube]

Neptunes thread and no one mentions Clipse or Jay-z, these are why the Neptunes are big in the first place, Pharrell and Chad didnt really hit it off until "I just wanna love you" and "Grind", they produced tracks for SWV and mase in the Mid 90's and no one cared

Back