Carol Burnett. Fans only please

Earth_Song1

Proud Member
carol-burnett2_121705.jpg

Am I the only fan of Carol Burnett here? I can remember watching her variety show and laughing my ass off.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a fan. I grew up watching her variety show. She's a legendary, brilliant comedian. My favorite character of hers was Eunice. My sister used to say that was me because I made the same face she did when I got angry. I watched her show week after week. The good old days...

I guess I'm a fan. I grew up watching her variety show. She's a legendary, brilliant comedian. My favorite character of hers was Eunice. My sister used to say that was me because I made the same face she did when I got angry. I watched her show week after week. The good old days...

They don't make TV like that anymore.

I LOVED Eunice and the Mama's family skit. Had me laughing all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqzclCLrP0

They don't make TV like that anymore.

I LOVED Eunice and the Mama's family skit. Had me laughing all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqzclCLrP0

OMG so funny! I loved when the cast would crack each other up like that. Poor Eunice. What a loser, dreamer and misfit (I could so relate to her). And Eunice's shoes...I wore a pair just like that to my sister's 1976 wedding and ever since then I refer to them as my Eunice shoes. :lmao:

How about Tim Conway as the Old Man? Another favorite character of mine. My grandfather used to walk just like that (rest his soul).

I just totally L.O.V.E. Carol. Who doesn't like her? She is like Betty White to me someone you can not help but to like. One of my most favorite things she has ever done is this:

It is just so funny seeing her coming down the stairs wearing that curtain. I just L.O.V.E. The Carol Burnett Show so much. I just wish they would bring that show back on tv.

I grew up loving Carol Burnett. She is one of my all time favorites! I used to love watching her show and all those great characters....Eunice, Mrs. Wiggins...so many others. Love Carol, loved the show and everyone on it. :)

I grew up loving Carol Burnett. She is one of my all time favorites! I used to love watching her show and all those great characters....Eunice, Mrs. Wiggins...so many others. Love Carol, loved the show and everyone on it. :)

Singing The Ladies Who Lunch. She can belt out a song, man!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fjvZ4hHTGA

You should come to my club for her Tina. We need fans like you there. I love all those characters too.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/welovecarol/

Last edited:

Haha Mrs. Wiggins! And Tim Conway as Mr. Tudball. I loved those sketches. :D

I'm so glad we had this time together,
just to have a laugh or sing a song...
seems we just get started and before you know it,
comes the time we have to say...so long.

(Ear tug)

Those were the days!

I've liked Carol Burnett ever since i was little. She is one of my all-time favorite comediennes.

Carol will be on Desperate Housewives tonight, Sunday, May 30th at 7PM on My
Network.

According to my friend, Jim, this is a good episode, with an interesting twist at the end.
I will be tuning in.

Oh my God!! I LOVE Carol Burnett. My family and I used to watch her show all the time. She is my favorite comediene---along with Lucille Ball (who was another funny gal). I loved to see Carol do her monologue talking to the audience and taking questions and she wore those beautiful Bob Mackie gowns. I loved it when that crazy Tim Conway would stray off from the script and say things that made Carol Burnett and the other cast members (poor Harvey Korman, LOL) laugh during a scene.

My favorites was the Mama and Family skits when she played Eunice Higgins---the black sheep of the family. Carol Burnett's "Eunice" and Vicki Lawrence's "Mama" along with Harvey Korman's "Ed Higgins", and Betty White's "Ellen" would crack me up. It was so funny AND so real. Who didn't grow up with OR at least didn't know a family like that? (LOL) I loved it when Betty White would guest star because she would play Eunice's snobby, rich older sister Ellen and she and Eunice would be so catty to each other with Mama instigating it.

Eunice's homely flower dress and those white sandals were an eyesore. Don't get me started on that hair do.(LOL) Lord have mercy!!

Back