Did Michael ever meet Elvis before?

*Little Suzie*

Proud Member
Yeah.. did he ever meet Elvis before? or is there a picture of them together? There are maybe not a picture of the,, but did they meet before?

Larry King ask Jermaine a few yrs ago (I believe during the trial or before the trial) if they ever met Elvis! Jermaine said yes they did! The Jackson 5 bumped into Elvis on an elevator in Vegas.

If I remember right I believe it was probably during the Jackson variety show where MJ first met Lisa Marie it makes sense. lol

Anyway he said that Elvis said something like "you those Jackson boys!" Then Larry ask if he influence them he said yes, but I think he was speaking for himself cause MJ in is Moonwalker book as we all know said that he wasn't! That it was James Brown that influence him!

Well, that's all I know about MJ and Elvis ever meeting!

this may be a bit off topic, but what I don't understand is how Michael said in Moonwalk that he wasn't influenced by Elvis, yet, in the Opus, the painting that Nate Giorgio did of Michael and all of his influences, it included Elvis in this painting...:scratch:

this may be a bit off topic, but what I don't understand is how Michael said in Moonwalk that he wasn't influenced by Elvis, yet, in the Opus, the painting that Nate Giorgio did of Michael and all of his influences, it included Elvis in this painting...:scratch:

That painting represented important people in our history and that's why MJ wanted them in the painting! I don't think MJ was influence by Elvis as a performer but rather the status that America gives Elvis as "the greatest" and he knew he can and became greater! :D

That painting represented important people in our history and that's why MJ wanted them in the painting! I don't think MJ was influence by Elvis as a performer but rather the status that America gives Elvis as "the greatest" and he knew he can and became greater! :D

That makes sense! I had a feeling that's what it was about! :D

If Michael was influenced by Elvis, you would hear it. And I dont hear any. Musically speaking Elvis was kinda amateur compared to Michael. It was more like just a show. Michael has so much more..

If Michael was influenced by Elvis, you would hear it. And I dont hear any. Musically speaking Elvis was kinda amateur compared to Michael. It was more like just a show. Michael has so much more..

exactly! I don't hear/see anything in Michael as a musician that has anything to do with Elvis...

don't say that loudly ,elvis fans will have heart attack :blink:.those people are in denial and media think we are in denial.

exactly! I don't hear/see anything in Michael as a musician that has anything to do with Elvis...
:agree:

I don't hear any Elvis in Bruce Springsteen's, John Lennon's, or Eddie Murphy's music either, but they've all said that Elvis was their hero. Actually John said he was a fan of the pre-army Elvis.

On the Diane Sawyer interview, Michael recalls meeting Elvis (@ 6mins):
[youtube]6d-sdmpE_HU[/youtube]

There is, amongst the millions of pictures taken of the man the BBC recently named, in a recent TV special, the most photographed of all musical celebrities, a single picture of Linda Thompson, then Elvis' girlfriend, as she accompanies a then 7 year old Lisa Marie to one of the booths at the main showroom at Ceasar's Palace, in Las Vegas, where the Jackson Five were then the head-liners. Whether Elvis accompanied his daughter that night, but did not go into the showroom, is also is not known, in spite of several other stories which point to Presley having met the Jackson Five at an elevator, either at Ceasar's or at the Las Vegas Hilton, where Presley was the head-liner. Of course, both Linda and every other member of the Jackson Five are still alive, so it would be up to them to confirm, or deny this, and any other stories pointing to their having met.

Michael was 19 when Elvis died.

I don't hear any Elvis in Bruce Springsteen's, John Lennon's, or Eddie Murphy's music either, but they've all said that Elvis was their hero. Actually John said he was a fan of the pre-army Elvis.
Michael said many times he wasn't influenced by Elvis he said Elvis was before his time.. so if Bruce/John/Eddie/Tom/Dick & Harry were influenced by Elvis good for them, Michael was not, why? Because he said so, not because Elvis influence can't be heard in his music.

didn,t michael say during the diane sawyers interview with lisa that her father introduced them,and i think he mentions in moonwalk too,

edit.

just seen the post by di above,

don't say that loudly ,elvis fans will have heart attack :blink:.those people are in denial and media think we are in denial.

Lmao..I am a huge Elvis fan...I wont attack you I promise..:D...but anyway....I myself don't see any Elvis influence in Michael. Michael is on a whole different level than Elvis. Both HOT...Both extremely talented..BUT Michael..GENIUS....See the difference..:blush:

Last edited:

There is, amongst the millions of pictures taken of the man the BBC recently named, in a recent TV special, the most photographed of all musical celebrities, a single picture of Linda Thompson, then Elvis' girlfriend, as she accompanies a then 7 year old Lisa Marie to one of the booths at the main showroom at Ceasar's Palace, in Las Vegas, where the Jackson Five were then the head-liners. Whether Elvis accompanied his daughter that night, but did not go into the showroom, is also is not known, in spite of several other stories which point to Presley having met the Jackson Five at an elevator, either at Ceasar's or at the Las Vegas Hilton, where Presley was the head-liner. Of course, both Linda and every other member of the Jackson Five are still alive, so it would be up to them to confirm, or deny this, and any other stories pointing to their having met.

i didnt hear him say anthing about elvis, he says that he met lisa and she was surrounded by bodyguards

yup Michael knew met Elvis and from this interview..it is obvious to me that he was head over heals in love with Lisa.....I like seeing him happy.

You are right . :)

That's just a fact. His voice was from time to time awesome and he got fine songs and s
hows but thats mainly the all. And I dont hate Elvis at all, he has his place and it was his time and moment. And I love his daughter a lot (not because of the Michael connection, but because of she herself)..

? Well, there's a LOT Elvis influences in those. Just because of the song harmonies, melodies, instruments.. Being influenced doesnt mean you are imitating someone. Michael is more like pop and jazz.

Lmao..I am a huge Elvis fan...I wont attack you I promise..:D...but anyway....I myself don't see any Elvis influence in Michael. Michael is on a whole different level than Elvis. Both HOT...Both extremely talented..BUT Michael..GENIUS....See the difference..:blush:

Now that's exactly what I meant..

I recall reading somewhere that he met Elvis when he was in The Jackson 5, he was really young and Elvis told him to stay away from drink and drugs and he did. He said that's what made him stay away from that sort of thing.

I remember watching that interview when I was little and I also watched the full thing just weeks before he died thinking how happy he seemed with her and wondering if they could ever get back together, I thought it was a shame it didn't work.

Back