L.A. Weekly Says M.J. Was Caught, Molesting A Child

Proud Member
the magazine had a 'tribute' on june 25, with his pics..but they were never his friend. and now they resume the slander. there is a section where fans can comment..the editor and article writer lump MJ in with people who actually committed child felonies. you can see how they phrase it in the two paragraphs. they phrase it, exactly as my thread title says. they are trying to use the power of the media to destroy M.J.'s legacy

http://www.laweekly.com/2010-05-20/la-life/paul-abramson-the-sexpert/

Last edited:
Maybe you are a Catholic priest who strung young boys up on a cross, naked except for a loincloth. Or maybe you are Michael Jackson, accused of molesting a 13-year-old. Or maybe you are a policewoman who let her boyfriend repeatedly rape her 6-year-old daughter. If you are caught doing something sexual and illegal, as in the aforementioned true-life situations, chances are that Professor Paul Abramson will be there to testify at your court case.

That's awful. The fact he was acquitted of the charges...does that mean absolutely nothing? Very disturbing. I commented:

Stacey 05/25/2010 6:52:59 AM
Very disappointed to see yet another writer using the name Michael Jackson to garner interest in an article. I'm an aspiring writer myself and it's times like this I just despair. Unfortunately as soon as I see Jackson's name in this article it actually takes away all credibility and I read on with a fistful of salt. I'm certain that you don't need me to point out that Michael Jackson was acquitted of all such charges, lets be honest, if they could nail him they would have. Very disheartening to see such hate for a man that simply only wanted to help. It worked though, seeing as the only three comments this article has had are all about Mr Jackson. Oh well.

Only 4 comments so far. Where MJ's army of Love?:(

well, to be honest, this section of the forum is kind of hidden in the depths of the forum..so..being that it's not in the main part of the forum, MJ fans would really have to look to find it...

i guess i'm kinda saying i wish it were in a more prominent part of the forum..

for those of you who tried to email in that first address, and it wouldn't accept your phone number, there is another email address where you can send them mail, and they ask you to attach your name and a phone number, there, too, but since you would send this from your own inbox, you won't have to worry about it rejecting your phone number, as invalid. here is that email address:

readerswrite@laweekly.com

Has the Legacy team seen this yet?

I wish we get sent an email template for them. Most of the last email alerts were all about publications from the UK. How about one in CA, US for a change?

this magazine wanted to cash in, so they had two pics of MJ..but no caption. they didn't want to have to say anything positive. they just wanted people to pick up their magazine. whereas, with other celebs, they'd have a pic, and a positive caption. they usually picked celebs they liked. this time, they just wanted to cash in on Michael's death.

i read the response to our comments, by the magazine. they said that the comments were 'insignificant'. that's all they could come up with. and they regarded the comments as rants. not surprising. i wish i could get a link but they don't provide a 'response to letters' section online. you have to read the magazine to see it. they also took their quote about {i]accusation[/I] of child molestation, from the article, and out of context, without mentioning the rest of the article, to make it look as if they did nothing wrong, in order to try to make the Michael Jackson fans who commented, look stupid.

Last edited:
I added an comment on the website. I will talk to Windy09 about this and see if we should hit them with a letter, because what they are doing is simply unacceptable.

MJJLaugh, I did see this email I believe. I wasn't sure if we could send a letter because I'm not sure if he was actually accusing Michael of anything other then stating that he was accused of it. We can work on a letter, but basically being that this is the only statement that as mentioned, there are not alot of facts we can refute. I think that was my thinking when I first read the email. Now having said all that, we certainly can give it a try.

Those are my thoughts, please do not be angry with me. There are so many stories and articles being published that we have to pick the ones where we have the ability to refute statements or call them out on missed facts. On that note, let's give it a shot.

Hugs and love.:angel::wub:

MJJLaugh, I did see this email I believe. I wasn't sure if we could send a letter because I'm not sure if he was actually accusing Michael of anything other then stating that he was accused of it. We can work on a letter, but basically being that this is the only statement that as mentioned, there are not alot of facts we can refute. I think that was my thinking when I first read the email. Now having said all that, we certainly can give it a try.

Those are my thoughts, please do not be angry with me. There are so many stories and articles being published that we have to pick the ones where we have the ability to refute statements or call them out on missed facts. On that note, let's give it a shot.

Hugs and love.:angel::wub:

I will never be angry with you! You are my valuable teammie!!
We will try and see if we can draft something that is worth sending or we call upon fans to leave their comments there, we'll see what works best!

:angel:

I commented this:
Michael Jackson was never caught of doing anything inappropriate to a child, far from it he was found NOT GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES. His intentions towards any child were to help, you make him out to be a sick individual, when in reality he was one of the nicest human beings to ever grace us with his presance on this Earth. It is you who is sick who can even make such jokes about child molestation. It is a serious subject and these kind of articles should be frowned upon !! Your article is tabloid junk and pathetic to say the least, grow up ignorance is prejudice.

Back