UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/26/jackson.family.belt/

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's three children did something recently they've never before done: signing their autographs on something to be sold.

t1larg.blanket.jackson.courtesy.jpg

Blanket, Paris and Prince Jackson put their names on a designer belt produced as a tribute to their late father and to raise money for the Jackson family museum planned for Gary, Indiana.

The merchandising deal for the crystal-encrusted belt is also a first -- the trustees of the Michael Jackson estate authorizing the Jackson family to produce and sell memorabilia in the pop star's name.

Katherine Jackson dropped her challenge for control of her son's estate last October, but her husband still has a legal objection pending in probate court.

"This is a truly one-of-a-kind opportunity," said Jerry Olivarez, the Jackson family friend who brought the deal together. "I know of no other item that has ever been made available to the public that has been signed by both the parents and children of Michael Jackson."

The youngest, who was born in 2002, signed his name in true "John Hancock" style, taking up the most room with large block letters spelling "BLANKET."

Prince, 13, helped his younger brother by adding "Jackson" below his first name.

Paris, 12, showed flair with her signature, using a heart to dot her "i" and giving her "r" a long, flowing branch.

Grandparents Katherine and Joe Jackson sat next to each other on a sofa in the Jackson's Encino, California, home to add their autographs to the "artist proof" of the belt.

The leather belt was designed by Simon Tavassoli and a limited run of 7,000 are being handmade at his Newport Beach, California, studio. Each unsigned belt will retail for $1,500, he said.

The only belt signed by the three children goes on auction Thursday night, Tavassoli said.

Last edited:
Re: *** Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale ***

I just can't believe what these people are doing with three little innocent kids.

What will be next? :no:

It makes me sick... and sad.

I think it is something they wanted to do.
If so, I think it's O.K. :yes:
The youngest, who was born in 2002, signed his name in true "John Hancock" style, taking up the most room with large block letters spelling "BLANKET."

Prince, 13, helped his younger brother by adding "Jackson" below his first name.

Paris, 12, showed flair with her signature, using a heart to dot her "i" and giving her "r" a long, flowing branch.

If it was for one of MJ's children charities, it'd have a better ring to it.

If it was for one of MJ's children charities, it'd have a better ring to it.
Yes, that's true; but in time, Michael's children will be old enough
to make their own decisions about the charities they wish to support.

This is a mess Joseph promise and could not deliver. This is a mess Prince, Paris and Blanket is going to have to get him out. I just find it funny that with 8 remaining siblings and 27 offsprings, it takes these THREE, his own children , to help the family out.

Blanket is so cute, just like his father taking up all the space to write his name,BLANKET.

I guess he is going to be a one name artist "BLANKET"

I think it is something they wanted to do.
If so, I think it's O.K. :yes:

Good to know that they know that they are popular :p Or maybe not :p But fun that they are on board :D

I never knew that:

:scratch:

That is 100% real? :scratch:Well, I really feel sad and worried that three children are being used this way. :( They are not celebrities to stay autographs distributing. They are children! :doh:

Old Joseph should be ashamed of himself

Sad.

I am so sorry, MJ!!!

Old Joseph should be ashamed of himself

It's not just Joseph. Using little children for their own benefit.

I hope nobody bids on the belt tomorrow....just so it could discourage them from picking other items for the children to sign for auction.

Sad.

I am so sorry, MJ!!!

It's not just Joseph. Using little children for their own benefit.

I hope nobody bids on the belt tomorrow....just so it could discourage them from picking other items for the children to sign for auction.
I know that it ain't just that Joseph it's all of those grown/middle aged/seniors all of them should be ashamed of themselves

Calm down guys by the sounds of it no one forced them to do it, it seems as though they wanted to do it, whats with all the hate towards the family ??

Calm down guys by the sounds of it no one forced them to do it, it seems as though they wanted to do it, whats with all the hate towards the family ??

From what did you get that impression?

You think they came up with the idea....???

I'm confused. Is this a exploitation type of thing or is this a harmless thing the kids are doing? Is MJ's estate in involved with this?

I'm confused. Is this a exploitation type of thing or is this a harmless thing the kids are doing? Is MJ's estate in involved with this?

The estate is not involved.

My understanding of it, The estate gave permission for Katherine to produce a limited number of memorabilia. So this is all about the family.

They're selling PPB's signatures for money. The rest are just details, imo.

The estate is not involved.

My understanding of it, The estate gave permission for Katherine to produce a limited number of memorabilia. So this is all about the family.
The sad point about this is I don't have anything against them doing whatever they have to do to keep them from begging to the Estate, but to use children that is just despicable of all the parties involved ol' Joseph was not the only one who came up with this.

I WANT ONE!

Did anyone else see the front design on TV?!?

It's "BAD" & I could definitely see Michael wearing it :D

It's black and it has his "on his toes" logo is crystals in between the buckle-like spacers and a big crystal encrusted front buckle like he wore in the Come Together vid.

Last edited:

From what did you get that impression?

You think they came up with the idea....???

Fair do's then, where do you get the impression they were ?? you are just jumping to conclusions...

Thanks guys.

Poor kids.:(

Fair do's then, where do you get the impression they were ?? you are just jumping to conclusions...

True...but since they never did anything like that when MJ was around, I think it is pretty fair to say they did not come up with this idea on their own.

Over the years, I am sure they have seen MJ signed countless items for charity...but correct me if I am wrong, I have never seen the kids' involved in such a thing. Even for charity. So you can draw your own conclusion I guess.

:( These children should not be made to think that they are celebrities. I have a feeling Michael would hate this.

I'm surprised by this, I really don't know what to say.......

:( These children should not be made to think that they are celebrities. I have a feeling Michael would hate this.

They know that they are celebrities since their birth.

They know that they are celebrities since their birth.

thats true after all wherever they went prior to Michaels death the kids were always with him and he paps were there too. So for sure they were totally aware that they are celebrities :yes:.

the Olivarez guy also took a bunch of pictures of Hayvenhurst and gave (sold?) them to CNN.com

They are on the left-hand side of the screen with the Kids' autograph story

If it is all above board and the kids wanted to do it then it's cool. I find it quite touching to see Blanket signing his name like Daddy!

For those taking cheap shots at the family; we don't know the whole story so who are we to judge? Some of you make me sick. The children were asked to sign their names to raise money for a museum with -most likely- stuff about their dad and they did it. Maybe because they wanted to (they love their dad, maybe they WANT to see all that stuff), maybe someone in the family told them it was okay and a good thing to sign it. Either way, I doubt someone put a gun to their heads. So, chill. Seriously, some of you make a drama out of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g the kids are involved in.

Guys none of us know the ins and outs of what happened so try and not to jump to any conclusions. But I do agree though, Michael would have never had let anything like this happen but the kids sadly become higher profiles since he passed. If they wanted to do this then its their choice-Paris and Prince aren't exactly young kids anymore. If they were forced too then that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back