• Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Michael Meets The Brady Bunch
[youtube]Ktcdq3tIxoU[/youtube]

55hz6b.jpg
301lyft.jpg

16 Magazine, 1973
If you’re the kind of girl who digs mystery and craves excitement, you’d beter hold on to your stack of Jackson 5 LPs – cos you’re about to get the low-down on that super talented J5er Michael Jackson and life he leads off stage and away from the TV cameras and recording studios! In other words, you’re about to get an inside look at the oh-so-hush-hush secret life of Michael Jackson!

Michael Meets The Bradys
You might say that Michael’s secret life began one day last summer, when Michael and his talented brothers – Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon – were at ABC-TVs Hollywood studios taping part of their Goin’ Back to Indiana special, which was aired last Setpember 19th. Those lovable kids – Maureen McCormick, Barry Williams, Chris Knight, Even Plumb, Susan Olsen and Mike Lookinland – who make up ABC-TV’s The Brady Brucnh, were also shooting that day. Well, maybe it was fate that the two groups met – being on the same lot on the very same day – for during the afternoon the Jackson 5 and The Brady Brunch came face-to-face and a happier bunch couldn’t find you in all of California.

Especially thrilled about the meeting was Michael Jackson, for the Brady Bunch is one of his favorite TV shows. In the short time they got to chat that day, Michael was immediately drawn to Chris Knight and Maurren McCormick. He really dug Eve, Susan, Mike and Barry too, but somehow Chris and Maureen seemed to be on the exact same wave length as Michael. Because of the heavy work scheduled that day for the J5 in connection with their TV special, the Bradys and the J5 didn’t get nearly enough time together – but in the short span they did spend talking, Michael managed to exchange phone numbers with Chris and Maureen!
Maybe because the Brady gang were so busy filming their TV series and doing personal appearances – and because the Jackson 5 are constantly on the go with recording dates and concert tours – months passed by without Michael calling or seeing Maureen or Chris. But a couple of weeks before Christmas, Michael was cleaning out one of his chest drawers at home and found the slip of paper on which he had written Maureen and Chris’ phone numbers. As you’ve probably guessed already, before you can say the name of the J5′s latest hit reocrd – Michael was dialing the phone and asking for Maureen!
When Maureen answered and heard Michael’s voice, she was very pleased, cos during the many months that had passed she had planned to call Michael and say hello – but things had come up which compelled her to put off her call.

That first time they talked, the telephone wires at the Jackson and McCormick homes were busy for at least two hours! There were just so many things to be said – experiences and incidents that had to be told, and just plain old gossip about what was happening! When Michael and Maureen finally realized they had been talking for two hours, they couldn’t understand where the time had gone!

One of the many things they shared was their mutual admiration for each other. Maureen, who has just embarked upon a singing career, was very interested in Michael’s views on singing – and Michael, who has always had a secret desire to act, found himself asking “Mo” (as Maureen is called by her friends) the many questions about acting that he had stored up – one of which was, “How o you cry when they want you to?” When Michael and Maureen said goodbye to each other that night, they promised each other to speak again soon – and Michael checked Crhis Knight’s home phone number with Maureen.

The phone calls between the McCormick, Knight and Jackson households continued for weeks. When the J5 left on a concert tour, the phone calls stopped for a week or so, but after Michael returned home to California – once again the friendly threesome picked up where they had left off and resumed their groovy phone conversations!

It was really great, for soon all three found themselves looking forward to calling each other every night! n fact, Michael, Maureen and Chris joked about putting in a private three way line – so that all three could talk and listen to one another at the same time! During many of their conversations they tried to make plans to get together, but one of them was always going someplace or hard to do something. Finally, there came a day when all three would be free – Sunday January 9th. So all three made plans to go ice skating at a nearby skating rink!

Since Chris and Maureen live pretty close to each other – and Michael’s home was nearby too – the rink was a perfect idea. Michael suggest inviting the other kids from The Brady Brunch to come along – and Maureen and Chris readily agreed. But after checking it out, Maureen learned that Barry Williams would be away and that Mike Lookinland wouldn’t be able to make it. Howeever Eve Plumb and Susan Olsen would be there, along with Maureen and Chris – or so they all thought at the time. But at the last minute Chris has to bow out because he came down with the flu! Michael was disappointed that all of the Bradys couldn’t make it, for he had hoped to get to know Michael Lookinland and Barry Williams a little better. And poor Chris – coming down with the flu! Well, Michael decided, he would just have to draw a personal “get well” card for Chris and send him a special note along with it!

Jermaine Speaks

Hey, wait a minute, folks! This is that other Jackson 5-lover-boy-dude-namely me, Jermaine – and I’m cutting in on the line to say a few words with you! After all, “little brother” Michael can’t hog the phone all day, you know! But it looks like he’s done a pretty good job – huh?! In fact, he’s used up all our space this month! Never mind that, though, little soul sister – cos your main man ermaine will be right here in the June ish of sweet 16 – with goes on sale April 20 – not only to whisper sweet nothings in your shell like ear, but to also tip you off to the whole truth and nothing but ’bout that super-sexy skating party Michael had with his three “girlfriends,” Maureen, Susan and Eve!
Actress Maureen McCormick (52) is known to a large audience from the 70s tv sitcom “The Brady Bunch” as Marcia Brady (1969-1974 on US channel ABC). In her new memoir “Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice” she writes about dates she had with Michael Jackson back when he was still with The Jackson 5. She says the time with Michael Jackson was innocent: “Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink. I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn’t. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek.”

From the 1991 edition of Randy Taraborrelli book:
…when the boys were in Vegas in 1975, Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady on “The Brady Bunch”) was always back in his [Michael's] dressing room,” Susie Jackson remembered. (p. 391-2)

“Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice,” October 2008
Besides my parents the person who worried most about my driving was Katherine Jackson the strong-willed matriarch of the Jackson family. I met the Jackson 5 about a year and a half earlier when they visited us in the recording studio where we were doing the voices for the Brady kids animated series. Michael was a fan, and we became friends-as friendly as one could get with Michael.

But I think Michael really liked me. He called me and then I started driving over to his house, where we hung out and talked about TV and music. He let me watch him sing and dance in their studio, which was a thrill, as I had been a fan of the Jackson 5 for years.

Having performed onstage myself, I envied his talent. Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink. I wondered if he might try to kiss me but he didn’t. After another outing, he did give me a kiss good-bye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek. Michael’s parents made me nervous. I was a little afraid of his father, and his mother struck me as the strong, silent type.

I became even friendlier with Michael’s sister LaToya than I was with Michael. She was fun and had a good sense of humor. She used to confide in me about how strict her parents were.
30a999d.jpg

ipnqc5.jpg

aww..thank you so much DI...that was so cute..I have always watched the Brady Bunch....I am so happy that Michael liked Maureen....that tells me that he found some happiness at a young age...the only thing....she though she was gonna be Mrs Michael Jackson..:lmao:....you crack me up Marcia....

There's my childhood right there...the Brady's and the Jackson 5. And the Partridge Family, Good Times, Charlie's Angels, and on and on and on. I watched a lot of TV, lol.

Ms. Odell, like so many others, couldn't believe that Michael could kiss a girl on the lips. they wouldn't think twice about any other celeb. but...nice interview...

MJ's high moments were, indeed, spectacular. and i guess, because of that..envy ensued.

Back