Glee

MLR930

Proud Member
Anyone else love it? I'm so sad that the season is over already! there NEEDS to be a Michael Jackson themed show I bet they'd do great with "Beat It" and "Earth Song"

I really despise this show and all it's auto-tuned horribleness but I won't rain on your parade since I can see this is about fans coming together to discuss their favorite show.

Alrighty then... have a good time. :p

I really despise this show and all it's auto-tuned horribleness but I won't rain on your parade since I can see this is about fans coming together to discuss their favorite show.

Alrighty then... have a good time. :p
lolololol

where did you hear that it was autotuned? I've seen them sing on live tv they are good singers.

I've seen the show twice - the Madonna one and the first one with Olivia Newton-John (I understand she made a second appearance recently) and it was very good, especially the Madonna episode - that was fun. It kind of reminds me of the "Fame" TV series back in the 80's. But I guess I'm getting old because I don't think I can watch this show regularly since the constant breaking out in song for no reason and teenagers whining gets on my nerves now, hehehe. But I can see why young people of today enjoy this show.

Edit: When there's an MJ episode I am so there. :)

I like it :D
Tho tbh I don't want them to do a mj themed one... i think sometimes they ruin the songs... or make them way better than the original... and i don't want everyone to know "Beat it Glee version" and that be their favourite etc.. I dunnno, I love it though :)

Whos everyones fave character?

where did you hear that it was autotuned? I've seen them sing on live tv they are good singers.

I wasn't going to comment any further because I really don't want to spoil the fun for fans, but... you asked for it (I could really destroy this show but I will be nice... erm... nice for me at least). :angel:

You watch the show, right? My husband does too (and so I hear it in the background). If you indeed watch it then it would be hard to argue that their pre-recorded vocals aren't coming from machines instead of human beings. They sound like space aliens or robots trying to convince the general public of their humanity. Well, I ain't buying it nor is anyone else with ears.

Glee really needs to lay off the awful auto-tuning. Especially since many of the actors are gifted Broadway singers (as you point out they can sing, but not on the show- it's all pre-recorded and auto-tuned to high heavens). You would think a television program about show choirs would feature REAL LIVE singing instead of auto-tuned garbage. I am not the only who has noticed this. Critics tend to love Glee but this has been the one main complaint of the show (besides the cliched characters and ultra terrible singing and dancing performances by teacher Will Schuester).

I dare anyone to watch Glee and try to dispute my claims.

The Lady Gaga episode especially comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVBG1slklI

P.S. I don't want an MJ episode. It was bad enough hearing Madonna's catalog butchered. Who wants snot nosed kids thinking Glee does it better than Michael? Puh-lease!

Last edited:
Amber Riley (who plays Mercedes) just sang a bit of Human Nature on the Jonathan Ross show and I have to say, it made me feel all happy; her voice sounded really good! But however much I like both Glee and MJ I don't know if a Michael themed episode would be the best thing. As someone said some people could end up prefering Glee versions...It would be excellent entertainment and a good tribute though!

I like this show and I would love to see an MJ one.

BTW I just got angry....Charice will be on the show :no: I can't stand that girl omg.

Naya Rivera missing and presumed dead after boating on California lake with son (July 10, 2020)

Back