A year later, how is the new generation of fans?

Roxa

Proud Member
Hi everybody.

I heard some ppl saying that the ''new fans'' will forget Michael soon and it was just a momentary passion. But for me not! I'm here after a year and I love Michael more each day!

I'm from the new generation, since 25th July. And I would like know how people like me are after a year of passion and dedication to Michael.

With L.O.V.E.

I'm still here, and I only love him more each day. He will always stay in my heart, and never will I forget this great man.

I'm still here! I'm also from the new generation, discovered Michael on June 25, 2009. Am and always will be an MJ fan! =)

With L.O.V.E
ForeverKOP

^ I was a fan before, but I just want to say, I think its good we have new fans, how else will Michaels legacy carry on, at one point there will be no fans left that were alive in Michael's lifetime...
so I'm glad to hear your not going anywhere new fans :D :wub:

They suck because they "supported" Michael too late. Personally I can't stand the "fans" that change opinions just because of what the media writes. It's ridicolous and they shouldn't call themselves a fan. Besides, they probably don't know shit about Michael anyway, but still say they love them.

Fuck them I say.

Hey, nice way to keep supportive of each other at this time of the year?
'Personally' i think this is the only way Michael have fans when we're all gone.. if we don't have any new fans, he wont have any!?!
And how do we know these new fans believed the shit before? We don't and they probably didn't.

Hey, nice way to keep supportive of each other at this time of the year?
'Personally' i think this is the only way Michael have fans when we're all gone.. if we don't have any new fans, he wont have any!?!
And how do we know these new fans believed the shit before? We don't and they probably didn't.

I support all of those who was a fan and supported him BEFORE he died. I was talking about people who change his or her opinion according to the media, the people who called him "*****" etc and after he died began calling themselves a fan and started commenting every youtube vid with "he's so cute" "I love him" and so on.

But of course, there a new, YOUNG, fans that hasn't been able to be a fan earlier cause of their age.

OffTheWall1979, 4 years ago, when I was 13, I didn't know a single MJ song, I didn't know that he was extremly popular and loved, and I even thought that he was guilty (shame on my ignorance), but then my mother showed me a video with MJ dancing and this was the day when I started to realise that I didn't actually know anything about Michael.
So what I'm talking about is that the new generation of fans are mainly not the people who have "change opinions just because of what the media writes", but the people who were shocked by the world's reaction to Michael's passing so they decided to get acquainted with him and loved him

It's exactly that I mean; to be shocked by the world's reaction to Michael's passing isn't a reason to be a fan. When you're young it's easy to be naive and you can believe anything. They are excused because sometimes young kids and early teenagers don't know better.

I am talking about people who are atleast 18+ and who didn't care shit about Michael when it mattered and now, when it's too late, they come around claiming they are the world's biggest fan and posting 1000+ on this forum for example. It's disgusting and they can't possibly understand the saddness the real fans feel. But, as you say, people can become a fan after he died, of course, particularly they young ones but still, I promise you, there are many, and I mean many, persons who hated him in 2005 and now "love him".

I'm soo thankful that I was a fan already when he was alive

Don't be cynical. Michael would not want that. The more new fans, the better. The ones who changed their minds after Michael passes away and became fans of his again, once again, the more the better. It's never too late. Don't think that the people who believed the media then and finally realize their error are not feeling bad about Michael death. It's sad it took Michael's death for a lot to convert but at least they converted and I know whever Michael is he can feel the love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be cynical. Michael would not want that. The more new fans, the better. The ones who changed their minds after Michael passes away and became fans of his again, once again, the more the better. It's never too late. Don't think that the people who believed the media then and finally realize their error are not feeling bad about Michael death. It's sad it took Michael's death for a lot to convert but at least they converted and I know whever Michael is he can feel the love.

Let's say Tom Sneddon became a fan and saluted Michael after he died. That would be OK too, I see, since "Michael would want that", huh? Do you really think Michael would feel proud if the people who were bashing him in life became "fans" as soon as he died? Do think Michael wanted fans who supported him before he died or people who didn't care for him when he was at life, and now they're fanatics?

Btw, for the new fans, google Tom Sneddon.

I don't care if you just became a fan, have been a fan for years or were a fan from the start of J5.

If you love him, you are good in my books.

Let's say Tom Sneddon became a fan and saluted Michael after he died. That would be OK too, I see, since "Michael would want that", huh? Do you really think Michael would feel proud if the people who were bashing him in life became "fans" as soon as he died? Do think Michael wanted fans who supported him before he died or people who didn't care for him when he was at life, and now they're fanatics?

Btw, for the new fans, google Tom Sneddon.

Oh for god sakes. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna argue with you. Not on a day like this.

*walks away from thread*

I don't care if you just became a fan, have been a fan for years or were a fan from the start of J5.

If you love him, you are good in my books.

Amen

I hope the readers understand that I am talking about people who didn't give shit about Michael before and not the ones that were too young when the 2005 trial took place.

It's exactly that I mean; to be shocked by the world's reaction to Michael's passing isn't a reason to be a fan.

I told you, it's not a reason to became a fan. NEVER. It's just an impulse to get acquainted with the real Michael, not the one we saw in media
Yes, there were many posers, but you should divide them from the people who became real fans. Like you did one day

I told you, it's not a reason to became a fan. NEVER. It's just an impulse to get acquainted with the real Michael, not the one we saw in media
Yes, there were many posers, but you should divide them from the people who became real fans. Like you did one day

That's what I'm doing. It's no problem to be a new fan unless you have been mocking Michael in life and became a fan just because he died. You get my point?

I'm grateful to all of you, no matter when you became fans.
Maybe my mind is in the wrong place, and maybe I'm naive, but every time someone become a Michael Jackson fan I get happy, not matter if it's today or if it was 20 years ago. Becuase for every true fan, there is one more person out there who know, or soon will know, the turth about this wonderful man. Who will know that they, like so many others, have been fooled by the media over and over again. Yet another person who can spread Michael's great messege and the truth.
I would love to hear from you who just became fans, I love reading stories like that.

I didn't change my opnion about MJ after he died, because simply I didn't have opnion about him!! I didn't anything I didn't know Michael so much to have an opnion about him. I didn't know him.

And yes, I call myself of fan of Michael because simply I love his music and work. And is this what makes a person fan of an artists. Don't matter what others say, don't matter if one knows more about him than me. What is important it's now I know much more about him and I love him.

The older fans that call themselves of Michael's fans didn't listen to what Michael said. All are like all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't change my opnion about MJ after he died, because simply I didn't have opnion about him!! I didn't anything I didn't know Michael so much to have an opnion about him. I didn't know him.

And yes, I call myself of fan of Michael because simply I love his music and work. And is this what makes a person fan of an artists. Don't matter what others say, don't matter if one knows more about him than me. What is important it's now I know much more about him and I love him.

The older fans that call themselves of Michael's fans didn't listen to what Michael said. All are like all.

That's what I've been explaining later in the thread. I have respect for you since you didn't know him, didn't have an opinion about him. I was talking about the people who called him "*****", pedophile etc and now claim that they love him.

I just want to say that I am a "new" fan but I was tremendously affected by Michael Jackson's death. He changed me as a person and saved me. I haven't been the same since. I'm a better person.

OffTheWall1979, I understand what you are saying about those two-faced fans but I can assure you that I am not one of them. I heard Michael's music throughout my childhood and I have some fond memories of seeing his videos for the first time and hearing his music. I always respected Michael greatly as an artist and liked a few songs: Billie Jean, Beat It, The Way You Make Me Feel (was one of my favorite songs before Michael's death), We Are The World was a childhood favorite of mine (even though it isn't strictly Michael), and I knew a handful of Jackson 5 songs. I remember my mom first showing me a video of Michael moonwalking to Billie Jean a few years ago and I was in awe. The first thing I noticed was his voice though.

Even though I wasn't a fan like I am now, I sure was touched by Michael Jackson early on and when I found out he died, my heart seriously stopped. Most likely, I didn't feel how a lot of you long time fans felt, but I did feel a sting. I can't really describe it. The more I got to know who Michael was as a person, the more it hurt.

Also, I was 11/12 years old in 2005. I didn't even know the meaning of child molestation and I also had no idea about the allegations until four months before June 25, 2009. Honest to God truth. I did short research on the allegations and I can honestly say I didn't believe it.

I felt I had to say this because there really are genuine new fans. I am a new fan but I've always respected Michael Jackson and knew how great he was.

Last edited:
OffTheWall1979, 4 years ago, when I was 13, I didn't know a single MJ song, I didn't know that he was extremly popular and loved, and I even thought that he was guilty (shame on my ignorance), but then my mother showed me a video with MJ dancing and this was the day when I started to realise that I didn't actually know anything about Michael.
So what I'm talking about is that the new generation of fans are mainly not the people who have "change opinions just because of what the media writes", but the people who were shocked by the world's reaction to Michael's passing so they decided to get acquainted with him and loved him

Yes, You get the point.

It's exactly that I mean; to be shocked by the world's reaction to Michael's passing isn't a reason to be a fan. When you're young it's easy to be naive and you can believe anything. They are excused because sometimes young kids and early teenagers don't know better.

I am talking about people who are atleast 18+ and who didn't care shit about Michael when it mattered and now, when it's too late, they come around claiming they are the world's biggest fan and posting 1000+ on this forum for example. It's disgusting and they can't possibly understand the saddness the real fans feel. But, as you say, people can become a fan after he died, of course, particularly they young ones but still, I promise you, there are many, and I mean many, persons who hated him in 2005 and now "love him".

Yes, I can uderstand what you're saying now. In your first post seemed like you talking about all new fans! I didn't become a fan just because Michael died, I became a fan because I discover an amazing artists and person! And I think if I'm still here loving him it's because I was not being influenced by what's happen with the world when he died.

Have fans, like me and my 12 years sister, that didn't know MJ. And when the world stopped when Michael died then we had the chance to know him! I'm 17 years old, I remember little of what I saw on TV about the 2005 trial and I didn't understant what was pedophilia!

Of course, I did listen to music and artists when I was about 13 but I was never interested in MJ before the 25th July when starting pass on tv his videos, his music...

I know that people disliked him, but after death they saw that they were wrong! Before late than never!

I don't see myself as either a new or old fan. I've loved him since I was a child, but only became a dedicated fan after the 25th. I always believed he was innocent and a good person. I always felt sorry for him. I never said anything bad about him. As for those who mocked him before, and love him now, I think they should still be accepted and welcomed with open arms. It doesn't matter to me how they came to love him, just that they do.

"I know that people disliked him, but after death they saw that they were wrong! Before late than never!"

That was what I meant ^

I was a fan of Michael/Jackson 5 since I was in my momma's womb. She was playing jackson 5 LP's and dancing to them while I was in her tummy. I have "lived" with the idea of Michael Jackson all my life really (I'm 31) and so I can't imagine a world without him. He's like a family member to us because we all saw him growing up.

Anyway, that's my story. I never believe the crap that occured in 1994 or the crap from 2005. It's all BS. Unfortunately, many did believe the press. But many of those who did believe the press, seem to have converted after he died. I wish it could have been while he was with us, but better late then never. That was my point in my first post :hug:

That's what I've been explaining later in the thread. I have respect for you since you didn't know him, didn't have an opinion about him. I was talking about the people who called him "*****", pedophile etc and now claim that they love him.

I understant. This person are ''posers''... be a fan of Michael Jackson it's cool now! But But not all are posers.

I became a fan after June 25th. Before that sad day, I only knew Michael for his music, his videos, only what was filtered through the media to the general public. I had no idea about the real man behind the star.

I had no opinion on events concerning his life (accusations, trial, tabloid scandals), nor negative or positive.

The news of his death got me shocked and I felt the need to know more about him. Of course I had to deal with a lot of distorted news, lies and tabloid crap, and it could have fooled me, making me believe all the things he was not. But it didn´t.

I had to do a lot of research and I learned to cut through the lies to reach the truth about Michael, the human being. I know the truth about him because it reflects right in my heart. In this path, I also got deeper into his amazing, out of this world talent, and fell in love with him completely.

One year later, this love inside of me has grown much stronger, and only increases at each day. For me, this is not a temporary passion. When you really love him, he enters your heart and stays there forever. :heart:

So... I´m still here. I regret not really knowing him before, but there´s nothing I can do about it. Only... continue to love and respect him, as long as I´m alive.

Thank you for creating this thread, Roxa. Obrigada! :flowers:

But discussions aside ppl, I would like to see the new generation of fans say ''Hey, 1 year of dedicaton to Michael! I'm sill here and I'm not a poser. I really love him!'' Do you understand me?

offthewall1979, there's no need to be negative towards new fans, come on! (though I feel your pain). I'm actually very glad we got so many new fans. Being a fan of Michael Jackson is cool again for other people, and that's what counts. It's great Michael was rediscovered.

I became a fan after June 25th. Before that sad day, I only knew Michael for his music, his videos, only what was filtered through the media to the general public. I had no idea about the real man behind the star.

I had no opinion on events concerning his life (accusations, trial, tabloid scandals), nor negative or positive.

The news of his death got me shocked and I felt the need to know more about him. Of course I had to deal with a lot of distorted news, lies and tabloid crap, and it could have fooled me, making me believe all the things he was not. But it didn´t.

I had to do a lot of research and I learned to cut through the lies to reach the truth about Michael, the human being. I know the truth about him because it reflects right in my heart. In this path, I also got deeper into his amazing, out of this world talent, and fell in love with him completely.

One year later, this love inside of me has grown much stronger, and only increases at each day. For me, this is not a temporary passion. When you really love him, he enters your heart and stays there forever. :heart:

So... I´m still here. I regret not really knowing him before, but there´s nothing I can do about it. Only... continue to love and respect him, as long as I´m alive.

Thank you for creating this thread, Roxa. Obrigada! :flowers:

Thanks for your post Lalinha. I feel the same what you said. I understand.

Back