Does anyone feel sad when the years before 2009 are brought up?

Maria MJ

Proud Member
Every time I hear or read about something that happened in 2008,2007,2006, or the months before June 09, I feel so sad because I say to myself "he was still here, we still had him". :(
Does anyone feel the same?

It is like that for me all of the time. And it just makes me wish that it was that date again. Or any date in 2009 before the horrible June 25th date. I'm glad I am not the only on here that is like this. And another thing that I can't seem to help on doing. Is when ever I hear or read a certain past date when we still had Michael. I can't seem to help count how many years, months, and/or days of how long we will still have him. And that just makes me really sad all over again. :sad: It is no wonder why my depression is as bad as it is now. And it really can not be helped. :boohoo:

((hugs)) to you
The worst has happened. Now we have to find the courage to move on and make things better. Seek justice, carry on his legacy, spread his messages to the world. It's what he wants us to do.
Don't count, things won't change. It's an era, before and after. We have to make this after worthy of Michael and make sure his ascension was not in vain.

Yes this is exactly how I feel, but not for the first time because after the death of Aaliyah in 2001 for a long time all I could think of were the months/days before she died knowing we still had her. It's not so bad now but for years I used to think of this. I thought it was just me who thought like this. At the moment all I think of is the time before we lost MJ, even just the days leading up to it. I even look back at old text messages on my phone the months and days before he died. I get frustrated too because I watch things like This Is It and think if only someone predicted this and could have saved him.

After the horrible trial, I registered at MJNO to talk about him.
I knew he needed to recover from the trial, but I had the hope to see Michael.

The new era began around 2006 and it all sounded really nice, in november 2006 he was at the WMA, and despite all the criticism he received about WATW I was very happy to see him returning to stage.
The frenzy on the boards was great :wild:

His Acces Hollywood interview in Ireland made me smile because of his new upcoming music, I thought.

Towards the ending of 2007 he came in 2 large magazines, of course, again, the board went down due to happy fans and their curiousity.
Everything went wild:p

Thriller 25 wasn't really great, but I enjoyed it.

And the beginning of 2009 was of course awesome with TII.
The moment I waited several years for.
I didn't care to see him miming, I only wanted to see him.

You know, I never had the oppertunity to see him, due to my age, but I always had the hope to see Michael.
Now the hope is gone, but I met some new friends after the passing and they are very nice and would like to thank Michael for bringing us together.
It's good to hear the awesome stories other fans had, makes me smile during the sad days.

Looking back at these years is very hard, but I will cherish the moments I had on the boards with the fans.

Last edited:
Yes I feel that way too and I think to myself about the times Michael was with us. I dont want to forget those times they are precious memories.

Sometimes I feel sad but I also enjoy to read that he had good times after the trial.

It's sad but it also makes me feel stupid. Why? Because I missed so many chances to see him. I always thought my time would come when I got older when I could afford going to Germany, UK or something to see him. Now I can afford it and such but now it's too late! Now i'm like I should have went to Germany for the Bambi awards, I should have gone too the MSG concerts and such...:no:

I keep thinking that on June 24th,2009 the world was a diferrent and better place :(

I look at a date, say May 2009 and I feel a small pinch looking back. If only we knew. March-June was a very good time in my life last year. I was about to graduate and I dealt with personal drama and succeeded.

I look at a date, say May 2009 and I feel a small pinch looking back. If only we knew. March-June was a very good time in my life last year. I was about to graduate and I dealt with personal drama and succeeded.

It was a great time for me too, I also graduated then. But I keep thinking the exact same thing, if only we knew.

Before June 25th 2009 feels like another world. The way I felt as a fan then is completely different to now. I never met Michael, but with the This Is It tour I was determined to, I planned to do lots of hanging out outside his hotel. I wish I could have gone out for the trial verdict, bit at the time I was writing up my PhD and didn't have a job :( Whenever I had crappy days and felt very alone, Michael always kept me going and now I feel like I have to muster up that energy he gave me on my own, but it's not the same.

I totally understand you and feel the same way. On 24th June this year I thought... damn it, a year ago this incredible man was alive. Now he is ... just a legend. A historical person. So painful...

No i don't get sad, 2009 is the only year that makes me sad. I was happy to see it end but sad they were were leaving michael behind and starting a new year without him. I like to think about anytime before june 25, 2009 because i can at least say wow michael was still here.

A part of me is filled with so much anger at myself and regret. I was umming and ahhing about going to the press conference as needed all my money to buy the tickets and after much debate I said to myself 'well, I'll be seeing him in the summer so I'll wait.' I never got to see him and it made me actually hate myself for it. After it happened I became consumed with guilt about all the times I could have seen him but I was always too busy, never had any money, there will always be another time. I can only count my blessings that I saw him at the WMAs which will forever be the greatest night of my life. In a way I am a completely different person to that I wa before June 25th. I dont take things for granted anymore which I felt I did with Mike as I always thought he'd be around. I always thought when I had kids Michael would still be around. So yeah, I do get sad when I think about dates before June 25th. On my last birthday all I could think about was 'my last birthday Mike was still here.' I wish he was here every day.

Yes it is like that for me. I suffered together with him through the last years.
But it was finnaly over.I thought the new era is coming.
I wanted to save money and go to London...no matter what.My dream was too see him.
After 25.6 my life is not the same. Not even close.

Before June 25th 2009 feels like another world.

Exactly.
Like we landed on another planet and had to start all over again.
Every time something comes up from before 6/25 I go "Michael was here, and where was I?"

It's too painful to know time can't go back, just for a little while to delete all that's happened--to grab a sense of life with Michael in it

I have the same thing. For example I was cleaning my inbox today I still had unimportaint mail from 2007 in my inbox so I started deleting things. Then I came across a e-mail and checked out the date it was 16-6-2009 and the first thing that came to mind was omg I received this mail 9 days before...
And I have that thought all the time with things I see or hear. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Of course I met a lot of new people after that day and I'm very grateful and thank Michael for that.

Every time I hear or read about something that happened in 2008,2007,2006, or the months before June 09, I feel so sad because I say to myself "he was still here, we still had him". :(
Does anyone feel the same?
Yes, I feel the same way.

The glory days of the 80s never make me sad. So glad Mj was at his best during my youth.:)

Whenever some mentions a day in the 00's, 90's or 80's, I immediately think about Michael. Like, what he was like in that era. And I start thinking to myself, little did he know it would end so soon :(

Well, I can say is that sometime after Michael died, I was watching episode 47 of Naruto (DVD), the part when Hinata went down and lost the prelimanery match against Neji, when she coughed up blood, Kurenai check her heart and when she uttered the words "cardiac arrest" it pinches my heart and makes me think of Michael's death all over again and I couldn't bear to watch it again.

So I haven't watched the episode since, if I watch it again, it'll make me think of June 25th, 2009 all over again. Seeing Hinata like this makes me think of Michael this way.

naruto_hinata0068.jpg

If I see a date before 2009 I do subconciously relate it to what Michael was doing at that time it can make me happy or sad. I used to sit and think from time to time when he was still here, I wonder what Michael's doing right now? Like, if it was late at night and all was quiet or something. I would do anything to have those times back where I could do that again. Just the small joy of knowing he was somewhere out there, hopefully happy and just with his children somewhere. I feel like I took that for granted at the time that he would always be here.

If I see a date before 2009 I do subconciously relate it to what Michael was doing at that time it can make me happy or sad. I used to sit and think from time to time when he was still here, I wonder what Michael's doing right now? Like, if it was late at night and all was quiet or something. I would do anything to have those times back where I could do that again. Just the small joy of knowing he was somewhere out there, hopefully happy and just with his children somewhere. I feel like I took that for granted at the time that he would always be here.

Wow, it's just like you read my mind.

I only become sad when 2009 and after are brought up.
Everytime I see a musical event, concert, a movie, or somebody releases a new single, an award ceremony, I think that Michael should have been there to receive that award, Michael should have been there and have that concert, what he would have worn at that event, what Michael would have thought about that single, about the new Amercan Idol, about Avatar, about the new Harry Potter movie, about the earthquake in Japan, about killing Osama, about the end of the world .....not knowing the answers is saddens me :sad2:

Wow, it's just like you read my mind.

I only become sad when 2009 and after are brought up.
Everytime I see a musical event, concert, a movie, or somebody releases a new single, an award ceremony, I think that Michael should have been there to receive that award, Michael should have been there and have that concert, what he would have worn at that event, what Michael would have thought about that single, about the new Amercan Idol, about Avatar, about the new Harry Potter movie, about the earthquake in Japan, about killing Osama, about the end of the world .....not knowing the answers is saddens me :sad2:

I'm completely the same. I always find myself thinking what he would have thought or said about stuff that happens. There's a big void that will always feel empty to me.

I think about how my mum called me into her room and seeing that red bar with the words "Jackson Taken to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest" I stayed up the rest of night keeping tabs on the situation until they confirmed what I feared, Immediatley afterwards I grabbed the iPod and worked my way through my favourite Michael tunes but stated with MITM.

Its a comfort to know that after the crap he went through in 2005 he still continued to write music up until 2009 & in his last days he was working on TII, I still find it difficult to believe hes gone when I hear one of his songs or watch one of his videos.

I have the same thing. For example I was cleaning my inbox today I still had unimportaint mail from 2007 in my inbox so I started deleting things. Then I came across a e-mail and checked out the date it was 16-6-2009 and the first thing that came to mind was omg I received this mail 9 days before...
And I have that thought all the time with things I see or hear. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Of course I met a lot of new people after that day and I'm very grateful and thank Michael for that.
I get it too sometimes. Not with every date, but definitely with May/June 2009 or any date in the first half of 2009 really. Recently I came across some pictures I took on June 23rd. Really crazy to see, knowing what was about to happen two days later.

when i see pictures of 2009.. this time was so very exciting! all these new pictures and he was back with the curls :p
i had my ticket for london and i thought my biggest wish would finally come true. it hurts seeing them and hearing people talking bout it:(

I can really relate to what you guys are saying here... *HUGS* to you all

I'm sad :boohoo: sometimes and I also get angry... I can hardly watch TV or listen to the radio yet... Its so frustrating I know...
I just vent... Think its sooooo unfair yet that Michael isn't here anymore... I'm NOT excited anymore like before and shows on TV are boring without Michael's "touch"...
I do cherish the beautiful memories I have of Michael and usually I'm not a 'talker' but I could talk for hours about my Michael 'travels' ;)
I hoped that with time the pain would get less but it doesn't... So much has changed and my health has gone really 'downhill' too :(

I really WISH I could have SAVED him... Not for my sake though... His kids needed their daddy... The world needed a beautiful soul like this but NO ONE saved him :boohoo:

Back