Jermaine Jackson Wants Critics To Forgive Chris Brown [For Abusing Rihanna]

Agent M

Proud Member
Jermaine Jackson wants critics to forgive Chris Brown ANI Tuesday, June 29, 2010 17:48 IST

383803a5.jpg

London: Jermaine Jackson was touched by Chris Brown's tribute to his brother Michael Jackson at the BET Awards and he now wants R&B star's critics to forgive him for beating up Rihanna.

The singer broke down during a rendition of Jackson's 'Man in the Mirror' at the BET Awards, which prompted Jermaine Jackson to stand up for, the young star backstage.

"He's a human being like all others, we all make mistakes. What he did was wrong. I love Rihanna... I'm one of his biggest fans... We can't condemn him because of what happened. We hope he learns from this," the Daily Express quoted him as saying in TV news show Extra.

"He (Brown) deserves to perform because it's healing for him. How can he learn from his mistakes if you don't give him the chance? He needs that. I support him a thousand per cent; I'm not supporting what he did because it was wrong, but, at the same time, we have to give him a chance," he added.

And Jackson even admitted that he was greatly moved by Brown's tribute to his late sibling, "It was very emotional for me... It was just a spectacular moment."

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...-wants-critics-to-forgive-chris-brown_1402918

one thing I'll say..double standard..white men don't get as much shit like Brown had for the same reasons,they should all be punished alike...anyway there's no such a thing as asking others to forgive him for beating up a woman,sorry...I couldn't care less about him as an artist,he sure has some talent but i'm not interested in him and the few things I've heard were awful,that's probably the reason why his album flopped...
I really can't stand this attitude..."let's forgive him because he's an artist and his music is good and will do him good"wtf?if he was a jobless random black guy who happened to cry a river for MJ nobody would have cared..and he would probably be in jail.

one thing I'll say..double standard..white men don't get as much shit like Brown had for the same reasons,they should all be punished alike...anyway there's no such a thing as asking others to forgive him for beating up a woman,sorry...I couldn't care less about him as an artist,he sure has some talent but i'm not interested in him and the few things I've heard were awful,that's probably the reason why his album flopped...
I really can't stand this attitude..."let's forgive him because he's an artist and his music is good and will do him good"wtf?if he was a jobless random black guy who happened to cry a river for MJ nobody would have cared..and he would probably be in jail.
I agree with the white man thing. It's always been like this. But I also agree with the rest of what you're saying. Abusing a woman is indefensible but abusers are known to stand up for their fellow abusers.

excellent post..:clapping::clapping: My thoughts exactly...all should be treated the same!!!

I think that people should forgive/get over what Chris did. He did something wrong, and he paid his dues. He apologized to Rihanna and to us (which he didnt really need to do since its none of our business). Im not even a fan of his, but he did everything he can to make it right again. I think its time for people to forgive him. Everyone makes mistakes.

I agree. :clapping:

I have 2 things to say on this:

1.) Hitting anyone is wrong. Abusing your partner/mate is wrong; not just if you are a male; but that goes for women also. SELF CONTROL. ANGER MANAGEMENT. Goes for both sides.

and 2.) He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

I have 2 things to say on this:

1.) Hitting anyone is wrong. Abusing your partner/mate is wrong; not just if you are a male; but that goes for women also. SELF CONTROL. ANGER MANAGEMENT. Goes for both sides.

and 2.) He that is without sin, cast the first stone.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

only person who can do the forgiving is rhianna. everyone else is irrelvent

He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

Well not buying his music doesn't equal judging him blindly like those folks did with Magdalena who btw didn't beat the crap out of anyone...indeed..

I don't understand this attitude (not yours! I'm talking in general) to make ppl feel guilty because they still feel uncomfortable with what Chris did....
I mean why do I have to show him forgiveness by buying his music or promoting him or requesting him on radios?...this I don't get...because if this is what I'm asked here I feel like he doesn't want to be forgiven..he just wants his promising career back!

I don't know how anyone, never mind him can even think about touching a woman, especially in the manner he did. His career has gone, and he deserves everything he gets, if not more.

Jermain is always nice to evryone, i think he got this from his mother. i like what he said about Brown the kid deserves a nother chance !

I been forgave him a year ago. I hate how he is being blackballed when other abusers still get to contenue on with thier careers and hell even get higher ratings on thier show due to the controversy.

And as long as he stay on the stright and narrow I will forgive him.

I think it will take a long time. It was so wrong what he did and it happened to someone who is in the music business as well. People are going to remember. As long as he never does that again then people will give him a chance but I think it will be a long time. I wasn't a fan of his before it happened and I don't see myself being one now. I hope he tries to be a better person.

Not really bothered about Chris Browns misdemeanours at all, more concerned that he used the fact he couldn't sing one bar of the song without his voice cracking up and I don't believe it was the emotion either, should have left the backing track on.

Also I personally thought it was crass, you could have just brought one of the many MJ impersonators in to do a better job, what was the point of it?
A true tribute would be more like SW showing his own talent with the version of HN rather than just a pale imitation of MJs moves and clothes.
The only thing I thought was good was when the lights dimmed and they had the clothes light up, now that was using artistic talent (although I believe that was MJs idea too from way back)

On saying that, America is a ridiculously judgemental, overly racist country that has more religious issues than the middle east, look at MJs issues only there and Janets boob slip, Britney getting hounded to the point of almost insanity etc, of course in reality maybe the average American is not like this but are they easily led?
I'm off to watch some Micheal Moore films , see what he has to say.

, yeah people should forgive but unfortunatly the media is not the forgiving type, who just like to hold your mistakes against you so as rihanna fans who gave him a lot of heat for that performance

I think people are entitled to make their own minds up on the matter.

only person who can do the forgiving is rhianna. everyone else is irrelvent

I agree. What's the point in "me" forgiving this guy if the one he hurted was Rihana? :unsure:

yet, I think Jermain's words make some sense, though I really don't understand why this came only after CB crying at MITM :scratch: Does this show Chris is a good man? Man!!! I have seen many people crying for MJ too!

anyway, we all make mistakes, but when there's hurt, the forgiveness can only come from the one you hurt.

I think that people should forgive/get over what Chris did. He did something wrong, and he paid his dues. He apologized to Rihanna and to us (which he didnt really need to do since its none of our business). Im not even a fan of his, but he did everything he can to make it right again. I think its time for people to forgive him. Everyone makes mistakes.

I agree. We all make mistakes at some point in life. I hope he will never put his hands on another women. He is still very young and has a life ahead of him. So, let him live it and move on. Rihanna is not saint either... just sayin.

I been forgave him a year ago. I hate how he is being blackballed when other abusers still get to contenue on with thier careers and hell even get higher ratings on thier show due to the controversy.

And as long as he stay on the stright and narrow I will forgive him.

I am with you too on this issue. Look what the media did to MJ and he never did harm anyone. Now that he is gone some of the media will speak good about him whereas others still believe he did do those things even though he was vendicated.

R&B singer Lloyd says he told Chris Brown to cry during his tribute performance to Michael Jackson at the BET Awards on Sunday, seen as his comeback following a turbulent year that saw him struggling to rebuild his image following his 2009 assault case involving then-girlfriend Rihanna.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/2010/0...et-awards.html

I honestly think that Lloyd is just trying to get public attention since his career tainted. You can tell everything about that performance was real

Rihanna is not saint either... just sayin.

your point being?
I never heard she hit or physically hurt anyone....(a part my ears when she sings)...I hope no one will ever punch you or anyone you love and dismiss it by saying "well you ain't a saint either...just saying",maybe it was not your intention but it really sounds wrong!

Another thing...let's not compare MJ to CB...M was innocent and wrongfully accused,CB was guilty,just because MJ was treated unfairly it doesn't mean we have to be at all cost politically correct with everyone who's target by media because they actually did something wrong...
I don't like to be told what to think or do when it come to ethical choices like "forgiving someone who did hurt someone else",simply because it wasn't me who ended up with my face smashed...go tell the girl or Rihanna's mum to forgive CB..

If CB would release an album that I actually liked I'd have no problems buying it or listening to it,just like i still like "sweet child of mine" by GnR even if Axl beat the shit out of his ex wife...but not because I forgave Axl,but because it's a good song!
I think CB has some real talent(besides my very personal taste which couldn't be further from his style),I really liked his MJ interpretation at the BET awards,less the silly crying who kinda spoiled the performance,but technically speaking,the damaged control campaign following the battery incident was awful and dull,didn't help at all and made him look even more of an ass....what were his ppl thinking?!

Rihanna herself said she hit Chris and she is known that she was pretty much the instigator in the argument because of a text CB got from another woman. So yeah, there is a double standard. Rihanna was unscathed in this. And she should have been reprimanded as well. It really pisses me off. Really!

Rihanna herself said she hit Chris and she is known that she was pretty much the instigator in the argument because of a text CB got from another woman. So yeah, there is a double standard. Rihanna was unscathed in this. And she should have been reprimanded as well. It really pisses me off. Really!

It doesn't change the fact that CB lost it and smashed her face,rihanna whatever she did to him,screamed at him for a message or slapped him in the face was not of the same gravity and power,what's worse she was not able to defend herself.He hit her many many times so it was not a self defence punch against a crazy woman who suddenly attacks you,he did it because he lost control and was not able to stop.Even a kid can hit you for good or instigate you but you don't punch him till he bleeds..especially if you know you are much stronger and could seriously hurt him.

Back