A hot fit, baby
Go dig your ditch, baby
The dogs a bitch, baby
Say he confused, baby

He got the blues,
He's feeling used,
Mental abuse, baby
So unreliable

Having listened to the track whilst reading these lyrics it doesn't match up at all.

Still, a fascinating find. Such a brilliant song.

I love this song. This must be one of the first drafts of the lyrics.

I've not listened to this track since last year but as MattyJam said those lyrics don't match up very much :-/ Where was this found?

''...Mental abuse...'' is crossed out, so one would think it'd be an early lyric because it is crossed out with something else written on it. I can't read exactly what that is because MJ's handwriting is absolutely horrible to read like he does on his lyric sheets - and we all know the story of one ink pin.

This looks like it comes from an auction lot.

wasnt this one of mjs stuff thats being auction? :(
i love this song btw =)

I actually haven't listened to this song at all anymore after his passing. June 25 this year i was playing MJ music non stop, but when this track came on, i skipped it..i just couldn't really...

But i am missing things, i definitely hear things like 'Heart-attack' in the song too, especially one of the reason the song is hard to listen to too.

Must be an early draft as the lyrics dont match up to the song. Awww Michael, you wouldn't be you if we didn't have to spend half an hour reading your notes just to read your handwriting lol!

Thank you for posting the lyrics. I had wonder what the real lyrics were. I haven't heard that song in the longest of time. But I don't know why you guys are having a problem reading his hand writing. When I can read it just find. I guess because my handwriting is just like his pretty much. So I guess I am just use to reading that kind of handwriting.

Must be an early draft as the lyrics dont match up to the song. Awww Michael, you wouldn't be you if we didn't have to spend half an hour reading your notes just to read your handwriting lol!

Yes, his handwriting...I usually just give up on it. :lol: Still really cool though. Morphine is one of my all time favorite songs.

Good find. I love this song. It's interesting to see the early lyrics. I love seeing the stuff Michael has handwritten. This one actually isn't too hard to read at all. I understand his "sloppiness" though. When something comes to you, you have to jot it down and it's usually fast. You don't want to lose the thought or idea. Most of the stuff I first drafted isn't legible because I wrote it so fast just to get the thought out on paper.

Amazing though.

This is an early draft only.

Pompous Git posted the lyrics from the Taiwanese version of BOTDF - the only one featuring lyrics - on MaxJax and MJNO years ago.

Last edited:
RR0910_452_lg_full.jpg

relax this won't hurt you
it'll take the edge away
open your eyes, no need to pray

don't cry it won't convert you
before I stick it in
close your eyes and count to 10

Good find. I love this song. It's interesting to see the early lyrics. I love seeing the stuff Michael has handwritten. This one actually isn't too hard to read at all. I understand his "sloppiness" though. When something comes to you, you have to jot it down and it's usually fast. You don't want to lose the thought or idea. Most of the stuff I first drafted isn't legible because I wrote it so fast just to get the thought out on paper.

Amazing though.
That is very true!

i always wonder what michael is saying in the background of this song. you know, when you hear him and then someone else too? it is so eerie.

i always wonder what michael is saying in the background of this song. you know, when you hear him and then someone else too? it is so eerie.

I know that part is very eerie for me too. To me this song is very visual- I can see what is going on and it scares me- it gets to me every time- very eerie. But Michael has an uncanny way to stir your emotions- amazing. Looove the song!!

It's nice seeing his handwritting. This song is one I havent listened to in awhile either. Ill have to check it out again.

I absolutely love to see Michael's own handwriting....actually I feel blessed to be able to see his thoughts....a genius at work. His lyrics speak what he felt....bless him...he felt mental abuse...poor Michael....I wish he knew how much we loved him....I know people say that he DID know....but I dont think he could ever know what he ment to us.

Thanks for posting the images. I feel blessed to see his handwritten words. The draft version sounds just as haunting as the released one...Poor Mike:( The song is about part of his reality. It can get no realer than this.....

Wow, fantastic, thanks very much for posting this, this reflects the artist at work :)

Back