MJ Tribute by PRINCE ! (10.07.2010)

Ramzy

Proud Member
Never thougt this would happen... PRINCE doing a Michael Jackson Tribute WTF :)

This is a clip from last saturday Prince performing in Belgium :

On the beat of " SHAKE YOUR BODY " from the Jacksons ! Check the last minute :)

Prince did the same tribute in France not too long after Michael passed..I think it was October 09' Same songs - 'Mountains' into 'Shake Your Body Down'

Mountains​
Once upon a time in a land called Fantasy
17 mountains stood so high
The sea surrounded them and together they would be
The only thing that ever made u cry
U said the devil told u that another mountain would appear
Everytime somebody broke your heart
He said the sea would 1 day overflow with all your tears,
And love will always leave u lonely

But I say it's only mountains and the sea
Love will conquer if u just believe (oh yeah)
It's only mountains and the sea
There's nothing greater, u and me

Once upon a time in a haystack of despair,
happiness sometimes hard 2 find. (yeah)
Africa divided, hijack in the air,
it's enough to make you want to lose your mind

But I say it's only mountains and the sea
Love will conquer if u just believe (Oh yeah)
It's only mountains and the sea

Guitars and drums on the 1

(Bobby on the drum - ah!)

It's only mountains (oh yeah) and the sea (and the girls sing)

Has prince ever mimed..Like james brown live ( 99 percent of time) he sings live...respect for that..anddd the voice is just seasoned and mature now...beautifully intact

This is as close as you will get to a prince tribute..But it is not really one..It is a jackson 5 song anddd he doesn't even sing it..

Mj never really covered peoples songs on stage or did tributes in his shows...Prince actually does sing alot of peoples songs and does covers ..But he won't be doin a mj one..for one because he knew mj wouldn't of done one if they were both alive.

That's really cool. I've never really known what their 'relationship' was, but i dont believe they were friends though. I understand why people are saying they never expected this from him, but at the same time i wonder why?

Has prince ever mimed..Like james brown live ( 99 percent of time) he sings live...respect for that..anddd the voice is just seasoned and mature now...beautifully intact
Prince doesn't like lipsyncing. Most of the time when he appeared on TV shows like Soul Train (which is mostly mimed to save money on production costs) he played live. James didn't know how to lipsync. John Landis said that when he was filming the Blues Brothers, both James & Aretha Franklin's vocals were live because they had problems lipsyncing to prerecorded vocals. The music and background singers was prerecorded though.

It shows a little class but would show more if he did it himself.

All you need to know about the difference between them is on display in the clip on youtube including mj, prince and james brown.

I don't agree; Michael would have given Prince more than this nod if Prince had died.

I'm sure it was annoying to both of them to constantly be compared to each other.

I saw Prince in Denmark a few weeks ago. Yep, he totally rocked it!!

Right before he started singing and playing Shake Your Body he said "This is from My Friend"

I taped it right after he said it (well, my boyfriend did since I threw the camera over to him. And yea, it's me screaming =P

[youtube]5uZ6AeXALAg[/youtube]

This is as close as you will get to a prince tribute..But it is not really one..It is a jackson 5 song anddd he doesn't even sing it..

Mj never really covered peoples songs on stage or did tributes in his shows...Prince actually does sing alot of peoples songs and does covers ..But he won't be doin a mj one..for one because he knew mj wouldn't of done one if they were both alive.

Somebody recently posted on the forum that Prince did a cover of Billie Jean. There is a youtube video of it. On forums, I've heard that Prince has covered various MJ and J5 songs during concerts over the years. However, it seems to bring laughs from some of the audience (i.e. the Billie Jean cover mentioned above) rather than appreciation for MJ's music. I think that performance is old though, so perhaps there is a different reaction to Prince doing an MJ song now than before he passed.

Umm. . . I do not think MJ would have done a Prince song either. That's not his style. I do think they were friends though. Prince has shown subtle signs of this since Michael's death.

MJ's band played Prince's "Its Gonna Be A Beautiful Night" during the interlude on the Bad tour, second leg.

can you imagine if Prince came on stage during 'shake your body' on This is it :/
would have been too cool man

that's really a non issue, since all that matters is how the finished product affects me, emotionally.

Wow, that's awesome from Prince! :yes: I don't think MJ and Prince really knew each other that well or anything but I'm sure they both respected each other as artists. Very cool of Prince to do that. :yes:

Back