This Is It DVD - POLL.

What is the case with you?

• I bought the DVD but never watched it/opened it.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • I bought the DVD and watched it once.

Votes: 38 21.6%
  • I bought the DVD and watched it many times.

Votes: 114 64.8%
  • I didn't buy the DVD, I only saw the movie in the cinema.

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • I didn't buy the DVD and I've never watched the movie even at the cinema.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

micah

Proud Member
I guess most of us here bought the THIS IS IT DVD/Blu-ray. I heard quite a lot of people have never watched it though, or never opened it and only saw it at the cinema. What about you?

Last edited:
Who buys something but never opens it? o_O"

Isn't it easier just not to purchase it altogether? I guess people who do this have their reasons so I won't say much else on it.

Anyway, I bought the DVD when it came out and I have watched it on many occasions, alone and with friends.

I bought myself a Playstation 3 just so i could get the Blu Ray. I've watched it many times

I've got the DVD and Blu Ray.........and I seen it once plus all the extras...............

............but I don't think I'll be watching for years to come..........

I may just tune in to one or two performances but that's it!!!!!!

because its to painful to watch it.. u bought it so its there when u want to watch it and to help its first week sales

Bought it on DVD and BluRay...watched it several times at first...haven't watched it in months though; i find it harder now

I saw it twice in the theater, then downloaded it and watched it before it came out on DVD. I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and watched it once at home so far.

I unfortunately have not had the chance to purchase the DVD or Blu-ray. I've only seen it in the cinema and on Starz.

I saw it about ten times at the movies and felt really depressed, then I bought the dvd and every time I tried to watch it I had to turn it off because I got really emotional. I hope I'll be able to enjoy watching it some day soon because Michael is incredible in it.

Isn't it easier just not to purchase it altogether? I guess people who do this have their reasons so I won't say much else on it.

Anyway, I bought the DVD when it came out and I have watched it on many occasions, alone and with friends.

It's to help the sales and as you are used to buy official releases, you just go and do it automatically. Whether you watch it or not, in this case, is a different matter, as for some of us it's simply too painful to watch.

I saw it twice in the theater then watched the DVD once (I don't have a blu-ray player). However, as I was watching the DVD I didn't realize there were more extra's than I had seen and I've yet to watch those. Nothing against Michael, this is just me, I never finish anything. One of these days I will catch up on those extra's.

I saw it only a few times. I find it very hard to watch so I prefer not to watch it anymore.

saw it twice in the movies and have seen it heaps of times on DVD. its one of my absolute treasures. i found it so hard to believe that people don't watch it. i never considered it from that point of view. even the first time i watched it it was painful but at the same time it s such a celebration of the man and his music.
wow. that really shocked me. i suppose thats completely understandable to find it too painful but just like everything about mj these days, its bittersweet. just hav to try and focus on the 'sweet' part. i don't mean to insult those who don't like to watch it. its a very painful thing. just assumed everyone had seen it a hundred times like me.
l.o.v.e

because its to painful to watch it.. u bought it so its there when u want to watch it and to help its first week sales

That's what I figured, but then I thought it would be easier just to wait it out and buy it when one was ready. DVD's are usually available for a long time after they're first released so it's not like it's a limited edition kind of thing...but now that you mention it, I didn't think of first week sales.

Makes a lot of sense, taking that into account.

Saw it 4 times in the theatre, and got the DVD a few days after it came out in stores and only watched it once at home. I want to see it again because I'm dying to see and hear that man on my TV screen! I'm just trying to find the right time when I'm not so busy.

saw it twice in the movies and have seen it heaps of times on DVD. its one of my absolute treasures. i found it so hard to believe that people don't watch it. i never considered it from that point of view. even the first time i watched it it was painful but at the same time it s such a celebration of the man and his music.
wow. that really shocked me. i suppose thats completely understandable to find it too painful but just like everything about mj these days, its bittersweet. just hav to try and focus on the 'sweet' part. i don't mean to insult those who don't like to watch it. its a very painful thing. just assumed everyone had seen it a hundred times like me.
l.o.v.e

Same here. I know it by heart. I watched it so much it got scratched.
Now though, I skip the beginning and start with Michael. :)

I saw it about ten times at the movies and felt really depressed, then I bought the dvd and every time I tried to watch it I had to turn it off because I got really emotional. I hope I'll be able to enjoy watching it some day soon because Michael is incredible in it.

Exactly the same with me, just that I saw it 15 times in the cinema and I have the BR... and it's too painful to watch it all. I watched the extras with MJ friends and maaaan.... we cried some 2 hours, and I am not adding a minute :(

I saw it twice at the cinema and bought the 2 disc collector's edition, however I've not watched it yet at home because 1) I haven't had the time and 2) in a weird way I don't want to watch the extras as I want something to look forward to and I feel that by watching all the extras I'll have nothing else to look forward to. I may watch one extra a day or week or something to try and space it out.

I'm not sure have I watched my dvd once or twice, so I voted for once. No more than two times anyway, and it's been months since I watched it. I don't really know why I haven't watched it since I don't particularly feel it's too painful..

It's sooo very painful watching the DVD. I finally watched it once after being a few weeks on my shelf, and I cried all over again.:cry:

I bought it the day it came out and I watch it several times a week, start to finish.

I bought it but only saw it about twice. I saw it in the cinema about 17 times and felt better being with a crowd. At home it is sad to look at it. I will revisit it again in the future. Plus, on the big screen the beauty of everything is magnified. I bought different types because the special features in some are different. I loved the Dirty Diana bed!!!

I bought the DVD but haven't watched it...
the last time I saw it was at the theater on November 1.

Back