1. Blood on the Dance Floor
2. Morphine
3. Superfly Sister
4. Ghosts
5. Is It Scary
6. Scream Louder (Flyte Tyme Remix)
7. Money (Fire Island Radio Edit)
8. 2 Bad (Refugee Camp Mix)
9. Stranger in Moscow (Tee's In-House Club Mix)
10. This Time Around (D.M. Radio Mix)
11. Earth Song (Hani's Club Experience)
12. You Are Not Alone (Classic Club Mix)
13. HIStory (Tony Moran's HIStory Lesson)

Each and every new song on this album is just amazing. The whole vibe of these songs is just spectacular! It combines this Industrial/Funk/Pop sound that just makes it so unique, I've never heard anything like it..

I have to add that Superfly Sister is one of his songs, that every time I hear it, I HAVE to dance..Even though it's not really technically a fast dance song (it's more funk than anything) the bass in the song is so awesome..

Is It Scary is such a great song. The whole crescendo that builds up just makes the chorus so powerful. "AM I SCARY FOR YOU???" Love it. The whole concept of the song is just powerful and Michael played into such an interesting theme.

I love the remixes as well, in particular the HIStory one.

Anyone else a huge lover of this album? What are some of your favorite songs off it?

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread! Definitely a brilliant album...I think Superfly Sister is one of the funkiest he's ever done...i LOVE it....The ghostly choir in 'Ghosts' is amazing too...And, I agree, Is It Scary is dramatic and gives me goosebumps....Love it

While I think it's probably his worst album and a pretty pointless release, I do like some of the new songs, Blood on the Dance Floor, Ghosts and Is It Scary?

What would of made it better is if it was an album with all new material and not remixes in my opinion.

I really like the slow part in Morphine, and bits and parts of the other songs are also ok. However, all in all, this is my least favourite MJ album I think..

i love this album actually ...I think Michael put alot of his soul onto this album. Blood on the dance Floor...I love the Video. Ghost....its scary. Morphine....I can hearing Michael bearing his soul in this song.. Superfly Sister....yes I agree very funky.,:)

Thanks for starting this thread! Definitely a brilliant album...I think Superfly Sister is one of the funkiest he's ever done...i LOVE it....The ghostly choir in 'Ghosts' is amazing too...And, I agree, Is It Scary is dramatic and gives me goosebumps....Love it

Yeah I agree on those points :D

What would of made it better is if it was an album with all new material and not remixes in my opinion.

Well, I kind of agree that it would have been nicer if there were at least 2-3 more newer songs included but some of the remixes are just amazing themselves. I wouldn't say it's pointless because we have the Ghost Film from it, as well as the BOTDF/History Remix music videos which are awesome :punk:

I love every song on this album. My favorites are Morphine and Blood On The Dancefloor.

The 2 Bad remix isn't too bad either. I'm not a fan of remixes but that is one that I actually listen to. I like both the original and the remix though. I don't really like the HIStory remix.

I love this album. I don't usually like remixes but I think some of the remixes on this album are better than the originals such as 2 Bad & HIStory. I enjoy all the tracks. Too bad Is It Scary wasn't a single.

I heard that Michael had wanted this album to be an EP, just the 5 new songs on their own but Sony wanted it to have more tracks. Not sure if that is true. Anyway, I like that we have a dance album from the 90s from Michael. This style of music was very popular in Europe but not the US. So it's nice to hear what Michael would/could have done with it. Also, at that time it was getting more popular to be very repetitive when doing this kind of music. I like that Michael still gave us a verse & chorus structure that was starting to be missing in this type of music.

I love every song on this album. My favorites are Morphine and Blood On The Dancefloor.

The 2 Bad remix isn't too bad either. I'm not a fan of remixes but that is one that I actually listen to. I like both the original and the remix though.

I love the 2 Bad remix too....it's pretty much the only remix on it that I really love...the original is better of course, but the remix gives it a different flavour...I know a lot of fans like the HIStory remix, but to me it sounds dated, unlike the original song...

I love the 2 Bad remix too....it's pretty much the only remix on it that I really love...the original is better of course, but the remix gives it a different flavour...I know a lot of fans like the HIStory remix, but to me it sounds dated, unlike the original song...

I love the HIStory remix, way more than original actually and the video for it is awesome..

[youtube]xd8-CmHpQj4[/youtube]

^^ yeah, i think it's good, but I don't know...I just don't like the fast dance mix to it..i feel like i've heard several similar dance tracks coming out in the same year....sorta cheapened the song to me....but that's just me! :D

^^ yeah, i think it's good, but I don't know...I just don't like the fast dance mix to it..i feel like i've heard several similar dance tracks coming out in the same year....sorta cheapened the song to me....but that's just me! :D

I wasn't a big lover of the remix until I saw the video..then I was just like whoa...I love it! The video adds a whole new dimension to it ;)

I wasn't a big lover of the remix until I saw the video..then I was just like whoa...I love it! The video adds a whole new dimension to it ;)

Yeah, I think the video definitely makes it better, I remember seeing that video back in the day; i didn't know there was a video for it at the time....I was like....cool!! lol I do have a confession to make though.....I had only bought BOTDF album just a few months ago *hides*.....

Yeah, I think the video definitely makes it better, I remember seeing that video back in the day; i didn't know there was a video for it at the time....I was like....cool!! lol I do have a confession to make though.....I had only bought BOTDF album just a few months ago *hides*.....

That's ok :p , BOTDF is a bit of an obscure album I find, like it just came out nowhere, I think I remember seeing the video a long time ago once, it isn't until last year I stumbled on it..I wish that club was where I live :lol:

^^ hahaha...yeah, no doubt....I didn't know about the album when it was released....it was the year I started highschool, so I sorta stopped listening to Michael like crazy during that time.....i think the album deserves more recognition

When i heard BOTDF i loved it but now there are 2 songs i cant listen to anymore on it. and it hurts that i cant hear them because they were 2 of my favorite songs.

Morphine and You Are Not Alone. that last one i still have a hard time listening to and i dont listen to the first if i can help it.

I love all the new traks on BOTDF!Blood on the dancefloor and Ghosts are amazing songs!From the remixes, I only listen to HIStory and Earth song.I don't really like the other ones...
I always loved the cover of this album! Michael looks awsome and I always found the chessboard-like floor,with the city in the background, very intriguing. :)

Even though Blood on the dance floor is just an EP (don't confuse it with the HIStory in the mix) It maybe his best album!!! It's just 5 tracks of perfection. It was risky dark and unique. A good follow up to HIStory and i liked the fact that it was just an EP ( i just wish Sony didn't screw it up and put the history in the mix album with it. It makes everyone think it's all one album!) And the remixes stink. I remember in interview back then even Michael himself said he did not like remixes.

The thing is since it was combined with the remixes, it's considered sometimes to be a "Remix" album..That was Sony's decision? Some of the remixes are pretty awesome to me though :p

It's a pretty good album. Morphine would be in my top 5 favorite MJ songs. Some of the remixes are good (I really like the one for YANA). The others are just ok to me. I'm not the biggest fan of remixes. The new songs are all great though.

Could you or someone who has this post the interview/video? I've seen mention of this interview before but never actually seen it.

Even though Blood on the dance floor is just an EP (don't confuse it with the HIStory in the mix) It maybe his best album!!! It's just 5 tracks of perfection. It was risky dark and unique. A good follow up to HIStory and i liked the fact that it was just an EP ( i just wish Sony didn't screw it up and put the history in the mix album with it. It makes everyone think it's all one album!) And the remixes stink. I remember in interview back then even Michael himself said he did not like remixes.

I'm in love with the HIStory remix. :wub: I also love BOTDF, Ghosts, Is It Scary, You Are No Alone remix (I prefer the original of course but this song is so beautiful). I cant listen to Morphine. :(

When this album was released it took me some time to get used to it, because I couldn't understand why Michael released only 5 new songs and lots of remixes instead of just lots of new songs :D But when I got over the initial disappointment and listened to the album, I absolutely loved it - both new songs and remixes.

First of all, I think Blood of the Dance Floor video is one of the hottest videos Michael ever made and I will forever be thankful to this album for that video! :wub:

Then, I really really love the songs Morphine and Superfly Sister. They are quite shocking and unusual for Michael and in my opinion it makes them even more amazing.

Is It Scary and Ghosts are very fun songs and I like them a lot. And remixes! I especially love Money and HIStory.:punk:

Last edited:
First of all, I think Blood of the Dance Floor video is one of the hottest videos Michael even made and I will forever be thankful to this album for that video! :wub:

:wub: I agree. I love him in red and the way he dances Salsa..too HOT!

First of all, I think Blood of the Dance Floor video is one of the hottest videos Michael even made and I will forever be thankful to this album for that video! :wub:

Then, I really really love the songs Morphine and Superfly Sister. They are quite shocking and unusual for Michael and in my opinion it makes them even more amazing.

:yes: :swoon:

Could you or someone who has this post the interview/video? I've seen mention of this interview before but never actually seen it.

Oh gosh i don't know where it is... It's from a while back.. If I recall correctly it was done in the late 90's by a fan magazine. I could have been "king" "Michael!" or "off the wall" i think was one of the fan mags. Again i recall correctly the interviewer/fan was really bold and said something like " i don't like the remixes why are they on there?" LOL! and that's when Michael said he didn't either and it wasn't his idea. I remember that well because back then i was at the point of my fandom when i thought it blasphemy to disagree with Michael! (oh god i was nuts back then... lol ) because secretly i didn't like the remixes even though i said i did... So i was happy when Michael said he didn't like them either... haha.

Sounds like it was a good interview. I wonder what else was covered. Thanks anyway.

i think that this album has not gotten enough credit cos its amazin

Back