Britney Spears

Travis

Proud Member
I want to ask a question...

Why the hate?

I browse music sites all over the net, and one thing is consistent - MEAN, NASTY, terrible hate for Britney Spears. I just got through reading one of the most mean spirited topics at another forum regarding Britney and it really breaks my heart. I don't understand.

I see bad pictures posted everywhere- calling her fat, making fun of her hair, what she wears and doesn't wear, and not to mention all the comments about her personal life.

I honestly don't understand how someone seemingly so sweet deserves to be treated like human garbage. It makes me sick.

I know things have recently gotten better for Brit in the media but she's still a punching bag. People are still often so cruel towards her. She's pretty much had a target on her back ever since she debuted. The media trained the general public to mock her.

Everything this girl does or doesn't do is scrutinized. It's no wonder that she had a breakdown. I would too! She's still a young woman and has been through so much. Why can't they let her be???

Why don't people realize that we all make mistakes, both big and small, but where people like her and MJ are different - is that their mistakes are broadcast to the world and held over their heads FOREVER. They aren't allowed to move on and make things right.

I guess I'm making this topic in support of Britney Spears. I believe she deserves some love. I wish Brit and her family the best.

No one has suffered from the pains of Hollywood like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears.

Why are there wars? Why are children (and sadly adults too) bullying each other? Why do people get murdered, raped or tortured? It's the ugly side of human nature manifesting itself. Some of us feel better about ourselves by putting others down.

Why Britney? She broke down under the pressure and by showing weakness she became an easy target to ridicule. And it's easy to make fun of someone anonymously online.

It's a cruel world.

:despair

I love Britney and wish all the best to her :)

Why are there wars? Why are children (and sadly adults too) bullying each other? Why do people get murdered, raped or tortured? It's the ugly side of human nature manifesting itself. Some of us feel better about ourselves by putting others down.

Why Britney? She broke down under the pressure and by showing weakness she became an easy target to ridicule. And it's easy to make fun of someone anonymously online.

It's a cruel world.

:despair

I love Britney and wish all the best to her :)

I'm just happy that most of Michael's fans are loving and understand the misunderstood. You guys get it, and it takes a big heart to do so. The world could use more MJ fans (even though he has tons there's always room for more).

I'm just happy that most of Michael's fans are loving and understand the misunderstood. You guys get it, and it takes a big heart to do so. The world could use more MJ fans (even though he has tons there's always room for more).

:yes:

I'm not going to lie, I went from liking britney (when she first came out) to really disliking her at some point (around the second album).
She didn't seem honest to me. (mostly because of the whole I'm a virgin yet taking off my clothes thing)

However now a days I don't dislike her anymore. For me I stopped disliking her when she started being honest (around the "In the zone" album )
She doesn't hide what she is now.
She doesn't pretend she is an amazing vocalist. She doesn't pretend like she makes deep meaningfull music. And that is fine. She's just here to entertain people. She makes light fun pop music. In my view there is room for that too.

I felt sorry for her with the whole breakdown thing but I thougth it was very hypocrite the way a lot of people all of a sudden loved her after the ordeal just because they felt sorry for her. They were in fact the ones who loved the whole "crazy Britney" at first.
(Btw I'm not talking about the long time fans who supported here throughout the whole thing.)
Weird how that works...

I'm glad she seems to be doing better because she didn't deserve to be that heavily critized. Althought she did need help in her life at some point. I'm glad her family has helped her.

It's all part of the dehumanisation of celebrity that the last 20 years has seen.

I hate to use the term 'the media' as it's a gross generalisation; but the trashy end of the media seem to think that because someone is successful and wealthy and they seemingly have everything they want, that it therefore is okay to be what would be described as unbelieveably nasty to them.

In the outside world this would be bullying and harrassment but for some reason behind the pages of a glossy magazine this becomes acceptable.

Celebrities are either too thin, too fat, too promiscuous, too frigid, too drunk, too stiff. Quite how someone like Britney or Victoria Beckham cope with seeing themselves on the cover of a magazine with a huge arrow saying fat, hairy, spotty etc I don' know.

Who to blame? Well a certain Mr Jackson is quite correct

And you don't have to read it
And you don't have to eat it
To buy it is to feed it
Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves?

No one has suffered from the pains of Hollywood like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears.

So true.

But she seems to be doing well for herself as of late; most followed on twitter, appearing on Glee, new fragrance and album in the making.

So true.

But she seems to be doing well for herself as of late; most followed on twitter, appearing on Glee, new fragrance and album in the making.

Britney is a fighter. I can't help but love someone who keeps on keepin' on in the face of adversity.

Don't let the haters get ya down, Brit. We care.

I don't hate Britney at all. She seems sweet. I'm glad that she's doing well, and is getting her career back on track.

I've been a Brit fan since I was a kid in elementary school. Brit's always been really cool and she can actually sing. Sure, her stuff has pretty much no artistic merit, but who cares? It's pop music--99.9% of it lacks such things. The point is, the girl can sing, she's a wicked dancer, she's daring onstage, she can create the occasional sentimental, meaningful song (everytime

Britney's a sweetheart. I agree she deserves to be treated better.
I think some people just like to bully and look down at people they actually envy.

Britney Spears Has ‘So Much Fun’ on Set of Glee

britney-spears-320.jpg

Britney Spears‘s wish to appear on Glee is finally coming true — and she couldn’t wait to Tweet the first photo of herself on set of the hit Fox show.

“About to do my first shot of the day for Glee tweeties!” Spears, 28, posted early Wednesday on her Twitter page. “Here we goooo!”

And apparently, the shoot was a success. Accompanying the photo of Spears, the pop star Tweeted, “what’s up GLEEKS? Having so much fun on set!! Can’t wait for you guys to see the episode!”

The show’s co-creator Ryan Murphy recently explained why he decided to dedicate an entire episode to the iconic star. “She is arguably the most important female, other than Lady Gaga, of the last 10 years,” he told PEOPLE earlier this month.

“We’re sort of doing an episode about not only her music, but about her public image.”

But it wasn’t just Murphy who thought a Spears-devoted episode would be a great idea. “All the kids on the show, many of them went into singing and dancing because of her,” he said. “Also at the heart of it, it’s a show designed to show off the skills of Heather Morris who plays Brittany.”

I love Britney very much.
i can't understand why people hate her, she's so lovely and sweet.
I was her big fan when i was a kid, and i love her still.

Britney will be dropping a new album this spring (March) so I'm very excited to hear what she has in store for us next.

I love Britney :) Well, the person Britney that is. She seems really nice and down to earth and I appreciate what she has said about Michael in the past. When I was little, I was a fan of her music too. I went to her concert in Arnhem (the Netherlands) when I was about 8 years old. I kinda grew out of it when I got older but I still listen to her songs occasionaly. IMO Toxic is a brilliant video, very underrated.

i used to like her :yes: but then she did go over the top driving her car with a baby in her hands :rolleyes: but a good singer:yes:

I don't miss her music at all. Toxic is brilliant though. She does not seem really intelligent (I recall her chewing gum while defending Bush Iraqi politics without any insight in the matter whatsoever, it was horrible), but I guess she's mostly harmless. And as a defender of MJ she has got my support. I hope she will be happy again.

Britney will be dropping a new album this spring (March) so I'm very excited to hear what she has in store for us next.
yes, I can't wait.
and her new single premiering on 7th January :wild:

214e1zb.jpg

I grew up with Britney Spears, I was just in second grade when she came along quiet frankly she didn't deserve all the hatred. Although she is not the best singer out there, but neither are the likes of Rihanna and Keisha, tbh I'd choose Britney Spears anyyday over the likes of other current pop stars.

Last edited:
Britney grew up in the spotlight and under a very harsh gaze so it's really no wonder she suffered and needed help. I'm just happy she got it and really wish people would lighten up as far as she's concerned and stop holding her past against her. Right now Britney is in her right frame of mind and is doing very well. We should all concentrate on that.

P.S. As far as the baby thing goes, yes, it was in bad taste but just like with MJ... we know neither meant any harm. It was just a silly mistake and EVERYONE is guilty of things like this. The only difference is we don't have video cameras in our daily lives to document our indiscretions.

I adore Britney. She's really special to me, I just really plainly honestly adore the girl. I don't understand the hatred for her either, not one bit. It broke my heart to see her how she was a couple of years ago, but proud of her for fighting on. I remember the special on sky after the breakdown, where she was talking about it crying, damn that broke my heart. :(

Britney is an innocent angel , i can't wait for her new music ...it is Britney Bi$H !

I adore Britney. She's really special to me, I just really plainly honestly adore the girl. I don't understand the hatred for her either, not one bit. It broke my heart to see her how she was a couple of years ago, but proud of her for fighting on. I remember the special on sky after the breakdown, where she was talking about it crying, damn that broke my heart. :(
Oh God I remember it like it was yesterday:( I was crying when I saw it

I can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time in many years I am actually very curious about her new music lol.
I looked at my cd collection today and noticed I have 4 of her albums (her first 4).
( I was heavily in the teenpop scene in the beginning)
I guess I, like many others, grew up with her around.
I didn't like her music enough to buy her last 2 though ( plus I was way preoccupied by Michael)

I think I'll give her a fair shot this time around.
A part of me wants to support her now for some reason. I don't know what's happening to me. lol

I have to say though that "3" song was definitly not for me.

edit: I think a big turn of for me was that she started to sound generic to me.
I would like to hear something more personal from her, something that seperates her more from the others.
Almost like I'm waiting for her to have a "Madonna, ray of light" type of album. Something that will make people stop and rethink their perception of her.
I don't know if that will ever happen though, but I think she would get more respect for her music that way maybe.

Last edited:
I don't really listen to Britney's music, but I do think she is very talented and sincerely wish her all the best.

I was never a fan of her as a singer. She does not have a good voice and she does not perform live. I saw a video of her performing with Michael Jackson, where she could barely sing.

As a person, I do not have anything against her. I felt sorry for her when she went through that whole emotional breakdown and lost her children.

I love this song and video.
It's so beautiful ...
Amazing song.

[youtube]8YzabSdk7ZA[/youtube]

Back