Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Britney Spears

I want to ask a question...

Why the hate?

I browse music sites all over the net, and one thing is consistent - MEAN, NASTY, terrible hate for Britney Spears. I just got through reading one of the most mean spirited topics at another forum regarding Britney and it really breaks my heart. I don't understand.

I see bad pictures posted everywhere- calling her fat, making fun of her hair, what she wears and doesn't wear, and not to mention all the comments about her personal life.

I honestly don't understand how someone seemingly so sweet deserves to be treated like human garbage. It makes me sick.

I know things have recently gotten better for Brit in the media but she's still a punching bag. People are still often so cruel towards her. She's pretty much had a target on her back ever since she debuted. The media trained the general public to mock her.

Everything this girl does or doesn't do is scrutinized. It's no wonder that she had a breakdown. I would too! She's still a young woman and has been through so much. Why can't they let her be???

Why don't people realize that we all make mistakes, both big and small, but where people like her and MJ are different - is that their mistakes are broadcast to the world and held over their heads FOREVER. They aren't allowed to move on and make things right.

I guess I'm making this topic in support of Britney Spears. I believe she deserves some love. I wish Brit and her family the best.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Britney Spears

No one has suffered from the pains of Hollywood like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears.

" " A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life."
    I like that thought, the last one I have before my eyes close. With a smile, I melt back into the music myself" - Michael Jackson

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Why are there wars? Why are children (and sadly adults too) bullying each other? Why do people get murdered, raped or tortured? It's the ugly side of human nature manifesting itself. Some of us feel better about ourselves by putting others down.

Why Britney? She broke down under the pressure and by showing weakness she became an easy target to ridicule. And it's easy to make fun of someone anonymously online.

It's a cruel world.

:despair

I love Britney and wish all the best to her
    (gif by moderacaomj)

*~*~*Forever, Michael*~*~*

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura.L. View Post
    Why are there wars? Why are children (and sadly adults too) bullying each other? Why do people get murdered, raped or tortured? It's the ugly side of human nature manifesting itself. Some of us feel better about ourselves by putting others down.

Why Britney? She broke down under the pressure and by showing weakness she became an easy target to ridicule. And it's easy to make fun of someone anonymously online.

It's a cruel world.

:despair

I love Britney and wish all the best to her
    I'm just happy that most of Michael's fans are loving and understand the misunderstood. You guys get it, and it takes a big heart to do so. The world could use more MJ fans (even though he has tons there's always room for more).

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    I'm just happy that most of Michael's fans are loving and understand the misunderstood. You guys get it, and it takes a big heart to do so. The world could use more MJ fans (even though he has tons there's always room for more).
    (gif by moderacaomj)

*~*~*Forever, Michael*~*~*

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I'm not going to lie, I went from liking britney (when she first came out) to really disliking her at some point (around the second album).
    She didn't seem honest to me. (mostly because of the whole I'm a virgin yet taking off my clothes thing)

However now a days I don't dislike her anymore. For me I stopped disliking her when she started being honest (around the "In the zone" album )
    She doesn't hide what she is now.
    She doesn't pretend she is an amazing vocalist. She doesn't pretend like she makes deep meaningfull music. And that is fine. She's just here to entertain people. She makes light fun pop music. In my view there is room for that too.

I felt sorry for her with the whole breakdown thing but I thougth it was very hypocrite the way a lot of people all of a sudden loved her after the ordeal just because they felt sorry for her. They were in fact the ones who loved the whole "crazy Britney" at first.
    (Btw I'm not talking about the long time fans who supported here throughout the whole thing.)
    Weird how that works...

I'm glad she seems to be doing better because she didn't deserve to be that heavily critized. Althought she did need help in her life at some point. I'm glad her family has helped her.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 915 Posts

It's all part of the dehumanisation of celebrity that the last 20 years has seen.

I hate to use the term 'the media' as it's a gross generalisation; but the trashy end of the media seem to think that because someone is successful and wealthy and they seemingly have everything they want, that it therefore is okay to be what would be described as unbelieveably nasty to them.

In the outside world this would be bullying and harrassment but for some reason behind the pages of a glossy magazine this becomes acceptable.

Celebrities are either too thin, too fat, too promiscuous, too frigid, too drunk, too stiff. Quite how someone like Britney or Victoria Beckham cope with seeing themselves on the cover of a magazine with a huge arrow saying fat, hairy, spotty etc I don' know.

Who to blame? Well a certain Mr Jackson is quite correct

And you don't have to read it
    And you don't have to eat it
    To buy it is to feed it
    Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves?

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanceOfZenab1994 View Post
    No one has suffered from the pains of Hollywood like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears.
    So true.

But she seems to be doing well for herself as of late; most followed on twitter, appearing on Glee, new fragrance and album in the making.
    "Do it better than anybody in the world, no matter what it is that you do."

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamonee View Post
    So true.

But she seems to be doing well for herself as of late; most followed on twitter, appearing on Glee, new fragrance and album in the making.
    Britney is a fighter. I can't help but love someone who keeps on keepin' on in the face of adversity.

Don't let the haters get ya down, Brit. We care.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

I don't hate Britney at all. She seems sweet. I'm glad that she's doing well, and is getting her career back on track.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 503 Posts

I've been a Brit fan since I was a kid in elementary school. Brit's always been really cool and she can actually sing. Sure, her stuff has pretty much no artistic merit, but who cares? It's pop music--99.9% of it lacks such things. The point is, the girl can sing, she's a wicked dancer, she's daring onstage, she can create the occasional sentimental, meaningful song (everytime <3), and she's got a good personality. What more could one hope for in a pop star?

Really, the naysayers are just jealous because Britney's almost always been on top of her game and she can always dominate (look at her mega-comeback.) Mostly, they prey on her because she's not arrogant like other pop stars (Xtina, Gaga, etc.) Britney's always been great, and even Madonna recognized it.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Britney's a sweetheart. I agree she deserves to be treated better.
    I think some people just like to bully and look down at people they actually envy.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Britney Spears Has ‘So Much Fun’ on Set of Glee

Britney Spears‘s wish to appear on Glee is finally coming true — and she couldn’t wait to Tweet the first photo of herself on set of the hit Fox show.

“About to do my first shot of the day for Glee tweeties!” Spears, 28, posted early Wednesday on her Twitter page. “Here we goooo!”

And apparently, the shoot was a success. Accompanying the photo of Spears, the pop star Tweeted, “what’s up GLEEKS? Having so much fun on set!! Can’t wait for you guys to see the episode!”

The show’s co-creator Ryan Murphy recently explained why he decided to dedicate an entire episode to the iconic star. “She is arguably the most important female, other than Lady Gaga, of the last 10 years,” he told PEOPLE earlier this month.

“We’re sort of doing an episode about not only her music, but about her public image.”

But it wasn’t just Murphy who thought a Spears-devoted episode would be a great idea. “All the kids on the show, many of them went into singing and dancing because of her,” he said. “Also at the heart of it, it’s a show designed to show off the skills of Heather Morris who plays Brittany.”
    "Do it better than anybody in the world, no matter what it is that you do."

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I love Britney very much.
    i can't understand why people hate her, she's so lovely and sweet.
    I was her big fan when i was a kid, and i love her still.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Britney will be dropping a new album this spring (March) so I'm very excited to hear what she has in store for us next.