Thread: Getting to Know You!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Getting to know you!

I'm Nikki, I'm 26 years old. I currently live in a place called Winchester, England but I've moved around quite a lot since leaving my parents home aged 17. I am a student. I've been a Michael Jackson fan since I was a little kid, my first ever album I ever owned by any artist was Bad (on cassette). When I was 8 years old I (accidently) met him in the Natural History Museum in London but I was too scared to actually say anything and just stood there with my mouth open lol. I have a few hidden talents, I guess the one I'm most proud of is being a trained gymnast and being flexible enough to contort into positions that look painful haha. I am very proud to be the girlfriend of another mjjc member here - Motsey - who has just moved into my flat with me and makes me stupidly happy
    Last edited by spoonie; 29-09-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Motsey moved in yay :D
    Things will get better if you just Hold My Hand.
    Nothing can come between us if you just Hold My Hand.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spoonie For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Heyoo I'm Stephen, 26 from Hayes in west London. I currently live in neighbouring Hillingdon with my parents (helping my mum look after my disabled dad) & my brother and his wife and daughter. I am engaged to the lovely Kimmy who I've been with for nearly 3 & half years now. I work in a solicitors doing general admit for the whole firm which has bases in Uxbridge & Chesham. I have loved Michael since '87 and lucky enough to see him live at Wembley during HIStory I'm also a huge Manchester United fan and was a season ticket holder for the previous 4 seasons. But for financial & future planning reasons I gave it up at the end of last season but i still support them with a passion! I'm a science fiction nerd and competely love Red Dwarf! I've been to the last 4 out of 5 conventions and met the cast at numerous conventions and shows I also love history, cycling, the earth & sports.

Pleasure to meet you all :hi:

"I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart."

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I'm Michelle, 20 years old, I'm a twin, and I live in Arizona. I'm from Maywood, Illinois, because me and my twin lived there with our older sister who was 14 at the time and mother until when me and my twin were 3 months old, we all moved to Arizona. I've lived in Arizona for 16 years now! What my favorite free time hobbies to do is ride my bike, listen to music, read books, and hang out with my friends. I don't have a job right now but I am a volunteer in my neighborhood helping out homebound senior people who can't do things on their own.
    Last edited by michaeljacksonkingofpop; 02-12-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Made by Starlight

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Hi everyone !

My name is Marilyn and I am a native born and raised in the beautiful Caribbean Island of The Bahamas. I am a single mother of three, 2 boys and 1 girl and I am employed as a Bahamian Immigration Officer for 24 years. I love to read, swim, cook/bake and being on my computer. I am light skinned in complexion. My father was very fair in complexion and my mother brown skinned, both Bahamians. I am the the third youngest child of 11 children.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Hi this is Marilyn again, just to also say that I am presently living on the island of Grand Bahama, where I own my own home. Nassau is our capital where the Atlantis Resort is located over Paradise Island which Michael performs at during the resort's official grand opening it was a star studded event in 1998. He sang Heal the World.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

hey everybody, how ya doing? I'm marc, I'm 28 and from the uk. I've been a fan for 24 years now since i got brought the bad album and fell in love with it. I love all things music, play several instruments including guitar, drums and piano, and sing. I am not ur avaerage fan as i pretty much hate pop music with the exception of our king. I am mainly into hard rock and heavy metal \m/ My fave band being Alter Bridge!! Been a member of the KoP forum for a while now, and also joined maxjax recently. I only recently got back into the fan community after a break, i lost contact with lots of ppl after MJNI closed down=( Hope everyone is all good, if u wanna get to know me better, feel free to msg me.
    Peace and L.O.V.E

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Howdy all I'm James and I'm 22 from a small village in Leicestershire Primarily a Queen fan but also have a deep fanness and admiration for Michael, been a fan since I was 5 when I first heard the BAD album thanks to my brother and from then I was hooked. Also a huge Jackie Chan fan as well and love shows like Red Dwarf and I'm also an avid Highlander fan (although can't stand the movie sequels) I guess you could say I've always looked up to Freddie and Michael as Father figures and I'm thankful for the way they continue to inspire me in life and I'm also thankful to Michael for helping me a lot and finding the friends I have on here who really mean a lot to me

THE NEW ERA OF MICHAEL JACKSON HAS BEGUN! AND THE LEGEND LIVES ON!

May you moonwalk forever in our hearts and never let your light go out

MY MJ YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/mjdancetributeact LONG LIVE THE KING!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Hi everyone! My name is Katie, I'm 28 years old and I live in Brighton, on the south coast of England. I live with my wonderful fiance Darren, and we're getting married next June

We share our flat with 2 beautiful cats - Betsy my 14 year old Persian, and Ben, my 15 month old Bengal. Solomon the hamster completes my little family. I'm a huge animal lover, and plan to have more cats and maybe some chickens when we get a house!

I've worked in retail for over 10 years now, cos I'm still unsure what I want to do with my life! I did recently complete a course in Photography, and I have a huge passion for the subject, along with all arts and crafts. Unfortunately I don't seem to get enough time to indulge in any of them, but I'm hoping to change that in the new year!

I can't actually remember when I first got into Michael, although it must have been around the time I was 4 as I was part of a dancing group who put on a performance of Thriller at my primary school! Thriller was the first cassette tape I ever owned

I also LOVE music, and I play guitar, bass, tin whistle and am attempting violin. I like to go to a lot of gigs as well.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hi - I'm Diane and I live on the outskirts of London. I am a geriatric member as I am now 48. Although I use the internet regularly I didn't join any fan sites until his death because I thought I'd outgrown fan clubs! lol I used to belong to Michael's snail mail fan club back in the day.

I am married with two girls and have been an MJ fan since seeing him in Wembley in 1972 at the age of 10; I've seen him several times since and been to many many concerts of other artists but none compare to Michael!

I work mainly in a primary school as a teaching assistant and also as a counsellor in a women's centre and bereavement centre after going back to college few years ago.

I am grateful to this site for many reasons!

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 503 Posts

Hello all. I go by Mikage. I'm an 18 year old person, biologically female but mentally androgynous, who lives on the planet Earth. I share this home with you. My idol is Michael Jackson, of course, and his life has inspired me to attempt to do something with the raw material that is my own life. I am very grateful for the inspiration Michael bestows upon me daily, and I love him more than anything else in this world. He saved me.

I don't really enjoy pop music, especially the stuff which has been dished out in the last 10 years. Michael Jackson is the only pop artist I respect and admire. My musical tastes vary, but I indulge in mostly classical music and some satire, like Tom Lehrer, whom I discovered when I was 16 and still in high school. I love him very much as well. <3
    My favourite composers are Beethoven, Mozart, Wagner (Opera FTW!) Brahms, and Tchaikovsky.

I enjoy writing, drawing and singing. I do none of these things professionally, and will never do any of these things professionally. They are mine and I do not wish for them to be tainted by this world and its capitalist greed. I could never defile my talents in such a way.

Above all else, however, I enjoy reading. I cannot stomach most fiction works written in the 20th and 21st century, with the exception of Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita (and other works,) J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan, Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. My hunger for good literature is best satisfied by works written in the 19th century and prior. I especially enjoy French and Russian literature, with some of my favourite authors being Victor Hugo, the Marquis de Sade, and Aleksandr Pushkin.

I also have a passion for history and I intend to major in it. I love Third Reich history, USSR history, Revolutionary American history, and Enlightenment-era history, up to the French Revolution. I also love German history during the 19th century. Some of my favourite historical figures are: Alexander Hamilton, Ludwig II of Bavaria, Julius Caesar, the Marquis de Sade, Napoleon Bonaparte, Voltaire, Leni Riefenstahl, Adolf Hitler, Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin, Joseph Goebbels, Thomas Jefferson, Eva Braun, Caligula, Nero, etc. I like interesting people, I know.

I enjoy watching the news, films, anime and satire on the television, but otherwise don't partake in viewing it.

My favourite films are mostly WWII-themed films and films based on literature. I also love Disney films (classic Disney-1990's Disney, none of the modern computer-animated crap and certainly no idiotic teen idol Disney Channel scheisse!)

The childhood movies that defined me: The Fox and the Hound, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, and most importantly: The Last Unicorn. I can't help but to feel like that unicorn sometimes, and I cry every time I watch this film.

I view myself as being in a state of perpetual childhood while at the same time being as old as time. It is difficult to explain, certainly. I do not identify with nor interact with most of my biological "peers" because we share no common ground and there is seldom anything worthwhile to discuss. I prefer the company of older people, and I admire children for being untainted by the ways of the world.

I think I've said everything I feel comfortable saying. Everything that is painfully obvious. Nice to meet you all.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angela_MJJ View Post
    Me too! The only pop music I have is Michael's
    Hell yeah, me too!! other than that i'm into rock and metal!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread! I totally feel like I know more about you all! Lets keep it coming!
    ​Like a sunset, dying with the rising of the moon. Gone too soon...

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

hello !
    My name is JUN. I live in Japan.
    I heard MJ's thriller is 12 years old
    Currently, 40 years old!!!!
    Great performance and I love MJ's music.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Hi y'all! I guess it's time for me to fully introduce myself here. My name's Mary and I lived in the state of Georgia (so yep, that makes me a Peach :lol. I'm 21 years old and I'm currently enrolling for a winter semester in college, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8) or more specifically, Elementary Education . I'm the youngest of my family, having one older sister and two older brothers. I've been a fan of Michael's since the early 00's, but I do have earlier memories of Michael during my childhood years. All in all, I'm glad to be at a place where there are fellow fans just like me .

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,208 Times in 741 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I'm a 37 elementary school teacher. I was born in the french caribbean on the beatiful island of Guadeloupe, but I've been living in continental France for the last 11 years. I'm a nature lover, active online and in real life on issues as protecting the environment or animal treatment. I love being around kids, I can honestly said that my young students have saved me over the past months. They are all big MJ fans! I love music, bike riding, swimming, reading; I'm a big Tolkien and Harry Potter fan, love the classics too like Victor Hugo.

PS : Ben is my real nickname, and yes, I am a female! lol