Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters
Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

hey friend. i believe both me and my sister have a form of depression. sometimes i think, considering the state of this world, it's not a bad thing to have. i believe, as long as we recognize it, it cannot overtake us. and i think if we are charitable to others, we can make it into a constructive thing. even in religion, Jesus was characterized as a' a man acquainted with sorrows and grief'. i think that having a case of depression doesn't stop a person from having happy moments, and smiling, and such. Michael Jackson said he was sad a lot of the time, but he turned it into something constructive. i think it can be a problem, if a person denies having it, or doesn't recognize that they have it, because there's nothing more troublesome than being taken by surprise by something like that. but if your recognize that you have it, then, more than likely, you'll manage it, and pay attention to it, and figure out a way to make lemonade out of lemons. so, if a person recognizes it, then, as strange as it may sound, it's not really a problem.

Hi sweetie,
I feel with you. I've been through periods of deep depression myself. The cause is different for everyone of us, but, if you'd like to tell us more about what you're feeling, maybe we will be able to comfort you not with tips, but with some nice words and good thoughts :better:

Yes..I suffer from Social Anxiety..it has restricted me a lot in life..I mean,even when I'm with my group of friends I get the a lot of the physical anxiety symptoms..It's very difficult because I want to get out there, but it really holds back sadly. I can't go to social things like movies, clubs,bars or any other friend gatherings..And I can just forget about dating, I'm really shy around girls -_-

All anxiety's and depression is difficult but Social Anxiety is one of those things that, in this world that requires you to be with people, to go out to all sorts of places it's very very difficult..I can force myself to do things (which I did to see This Is It in theaters) but it can be pretty tough sometimes.

Personally I don't see social anxiety is any sort of "anxiety" but more of an adult shyness..

Society has dictated that if you can't handle certain things in life, then your often held back..But the way I ease it, is just keeping the faith in myself ,listen to a lot of music, and just trying to take small steps into things(but its hard)

Removed.

Last edited:

Thanks everyone.
I;m on medication and am on a waiting list for therapy.

Just remember that you are not alone :)

Last edited:

Removed.

Last edited:

Hi seem to suffer from from SAD during the months between
Oct/Nove through to Jan-Feb. Depression seems to run in my
mother's family. I suffered from anxiety in Jan'07. Was1st time
i'd ever had anything like that. It was horibble and scary.
At first i thought there was something seriusly wrong with me.
I felt like i had trapped wind and couldnt get rid of it. Then i
thought i was gonna have a heart attack. This carried on for some
mths. I went to my doc and he prescribed me beta blockers.
I only took about 2 then decided not to carry on with them
as i didnt like all of the side effects it had. I was scared to
even go out of the house sometimes. I ended up @ the hospital
quite number of times. The did allsorts tests on me, everything
seemed ok. I had a horrible experience one day when i had to go
into city centre i had a panic attack, i couldnt wait to get on the
bus to go home. At the time i was at college doing a course so
maybe the course was causing me stress i don't know. I got thru
it without relying on meds and am still here lol. You will get thru
it, believe me you will. I hope i never ever go thru that again.
Thats why i was going to work in mental health field as i had an
understanding of anxiety. But i changed my mind and am going
into green issues in stead, which is my passion.

Thank you for this thread! :flowers: Yep, that's me... I'm suffering from mild depression (since 25-06-09 things slowly went downhill... :(). But sometimes I feel like slipping away into a deeper depression. Therefore I made an appointment with my doctor, to get help... That was last week. I have a second appointment by the end of this month. But I'm not getting any medication because of the side effects. I'm not too sure all of this will help, but I'll just wait and see... :wink:

By the way, this is an interesting article about 10 good things about depression. I do recognise some of the stuff she writes (uhh, but absolutely not the stuff about her wanting to kill herself! :D).
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/therese-borchard/10-good-things-about-depr_b_466199.html

Hugs for everyone here! :group: :heart:

Last edited:

Yes, I do also. I think it runs in my family. My mother had it younger and I guess still does. It takes me longer to get going. Like the commercial for a depression drug they run here showing a windup doll. You have to continually wind yourself up to get the energy to continue. It takes me longer to get out of bed in the morning. To face the day. Things I used to find fun and interesting I no longer have the desire to do. I used to love playing my guitar and keyboard....no more. I used to love sketching portraits...no more. I recently tried again after many years and just couldn't. I have the social anxiety thing too. It's just too exhausting and stressful to go out. Once in a while I'll go to a movie or something but I just feel most safe and comfortable at home. Of course, I have to go to work and I get there but some days it's very hard. I've never dealt with this. I think it goes back to my childhood also. Growing up without a father, growing up poor, kids taunting and teasing and bullying.

When Michael died, like many of you, that really sunk me to a new level. I got really, really down. It affected me greatly and I wasn't even what you would call a die hard fan of his before. But losing someone who has kind of been there all my life in some way or another and under such sad circumstances...it's very sad. And someone who was such a kind, gentle soul at that. Meanwhile, evil, heartless, mean people continue walking the earth. And then to see life go on and people continuing with life as if nothing happened while I was still terribly saddened by the loss and not yet over it (and still not quite).

Oddly I feel a little better during the fall/winter months. I get more depressed in the spring and summer when it is warm/hot/sunny. The opposite of S.A.D. I love it when it's crisp, chilly, dark and cold. I wonder if there's a name for this? LOL.

It takes me longer to get going. Like the commercial for a depression drug they run here showing a windup doll. You have to continually wind yourself up to get the energy to continue. It takes me longer to get out of bed in the morning. To face the day. Things I used to find fun and interesting I no longer have the desire to do. I used to love playing my guitar and keyboard....no more. I used to love sketching portraits...no more. I recently tried again after many years and just couldn't. I have the social anxiety thing too. It's just too exhausting and stressful to go out. Once in a while I'll go to a movie or something but I just feel most safe and comfortable at home. Of course, I have to go to work and I get there but some days it's very hard.

This is me. On mornings when I get to sleep in I find myself hitting the snooze button more and more because I just can't pull myself out of bed. I'm in a very boring routine of going to work, coming home, repeat, etc. I spend a lot of my time at home in my room -my sanctuary- because the mask can come off and I'm free to totally be myself.

I hate going to parties or gatherings where I'm not real familiar with people cause I'm shy and find it hard to start a conversation with people. I guess that doesn't bode real well with an acting career. :sad: I've been criticized and judged for this too, so I feel even more discouraged and more compelled to stay home. It's a vicious cycle.

I've dealt with depression on and off since I was 14. For the first two years of high school, briefly during my junior year of college, and then after graduating. When Michael died I sank to a whole new level of low.

For me personally, I find that exercise, keeping busy, and working creatively help a lot. I've never taken any medication or spoken with a therapist, but I don't recommend that for everyone.

Oddly I feel a little better during the fall/winter months. I get more depressed in the spring and summer when it is warm/hot/sunny. The opposite of S.A.D. I love it when it's crisp, chilly, dark and cold. I wonder if there's a name for this? LOL.

It's still considered Seasonal Affective Disorder. I had S.A.D. big time when I was a teenager, but I haven't really experienced it in some time.

You know, I've recently discovered I'm an HSP person (thanks to another MJ fan! :wub:). HSP = highly sensitive person :wink: For me it's like another piece in the puzzle... :yes: But being an HSP person also means you are more vulnerable for depression. Perhaps some of you will recognise this. Here's a website about HSP: http://www.hsperson.com/index.html

I have both and hardly anyone knows (hesitated to say it here!) so I'm sorry I feel really uncomfortable elaborating on it. Like the others said, everyone's situation is totally unique so its hard to give tips. My advice to anyone suffering is to find a psychologist that you're comfortable with and make sure you regularly see them no matter how busy you think you are. I used to think my work and uni timetable was too tight to fit it in but thats ridiculous because health should always come first. Anyway now that I've been sticking to my treatment, things are improving :)
Good luck with your journeys everyone xx

Thanks everyone.
I;m on medication and am on a waiting list for therapy.

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend taking medication (I'm no doctor though and I also said I wouldn't give advice :smilerolleyes:). In my opinion, drugs don't 'treat' depression, they sort of hide it in a back closet, if you know what I mean + they give addiction. After a while, you won't be able to function without them.
Therapy, without medication, will lighten you up...

I have been still suffering from depression ever since what had happen to Michael last year. I still have all the symptoms of depression. I haven't felt a single ounce of happiness since before it happen. And I still haven't had a single good night's worth of sleep since June 24th 2009. So I am constantly tired all of the time but I have gotten used to it. As well as feeling sick all of the time and gotten used to that. But the one thing that doesn't help my depression is having the kind of mother that I do. Because every single time I tell her about my depression she just yells at me and/or she just doesn't want to hear it or believes me. So I just stop telling her about it. Since it is very obvious that she won't take me to the doctors for my depression. I can't go myself because I can't drive and my doctors office is a good 15 to 20 some minutes from where I live. So I was force to sought help with my depression on my own by playing any of my Sims and Final Fantasy games. Which they have been a big help. And by always eating which that was the wrong thing to do since I gain a lot of the weight that I had lost last Summer back. And I only lost that weight because after what had happen to Michael. Eating was the very last thing in the world I had wanted to do. I even told my mother once why I was gaining my weight back. And she doesn't want to believe me. So I just learn to hide my depression from her and from any of my other MJ hating family members. Because they are not going to care and would think I am totally insane to be suffering from depression over someone that I don't even know.

I have both and hardly anyone knows (hesitated to say it here!) so I'm sorry I feel really uncomfortable elaborating on it.
I understand your side, it's very brave of you that you do! :group:

But I feel it's important to get this out in the open! I think this is an amazing thread! I feel that there's a lot of MJ fans out there that are suffering from depression all alone... :( And having a depression is nothing to be ashamed of. But it can be a really really bad thing... :(

So for anyone out there with depression who reads this thread and is not posting here :
Please try to reach out your hand to someone, try to talk to someone! Or even better seek professional help! Always remember there's lots of people who love you very much! :group: We, your MJ family, love you very much and we need you here! :wub: :heart:

With the L.O.V.E.,
Diana xx

Last edited:

I have been still suffering from depression ever since what had happen to Michael last year. I still have all the symptoms of depression. I haven't felt a single ounce of happiness since before it happen. And I still haven't had a single good night's worth of sleep since June 24th 2009. So I am constantly tired all of the time but I have gotten used to it. As well as feeling sick all of the time and gotten used to that. But the one thing that doesn't help my depression is having the kind of mother that I do. Because every single time I tell her about my depression she just yells at me and/or she just doesn't want to hear it or believes me. So I just stop telling her about it. Since it is very obvious that she won't take me to the doctors for my depression. I can't go myself because I can't drive and my doctors office is a good 15 to 20 some minutes from where I live. So I was force to sought help with my depression on my own by playing any of my Sims and Final Fantasy games. Which they have been a big help. And by always eating which that was the wrong thing to do since I gain a lot of the weight that I had lost last Summer back. And I only lost that weight because after what had happen to Michael. Eating was the very last thing in the world I had wanted to do. I even told my mother once why I was gaining my weight back. And she doesn't want to believe me. So I just learn to hide my depression from her and from any of my other MJ hating family members. Because they are not going to care and would think I am totally insane to be suffering from depression over someone that I don't even know.
Hey sweetie, It's also possible to get treatment for depression over the Internet. Have you tried that already? If not, please promise me you'll do that ok? :huggy: Take care! :give_heart:

I've been depressed since high school, because no one still pays any attention to me and they angered me for it, when I started my independance I'm still depressed because I was lonelt without having friends over to see me. But then when I saw Naruto for the first time in the fall of 06', mainly because of NaruHina, the show and manga saved me from my depression, I guess NaruHina healed my depression because seeing them together makes me really happy. My depression came back during most of the winter semister in college, but I felt a lot better when I got home.

Naruto-Episode045_531.jpg

This is why they healed my depression. They made me happy.

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend taking medication (I'm no doctor though and I also said I wouldn't give advice :smilerolleyes:). In my opinion, drugs don't 'treat' depression, they sort of hide it in a back closet, if you know what I mean + they give addiction. After a while, you won't be able to function without them.
Therapy, without medication, will lighten you up...

I'm afraid I strongly disagree with this statement. Depression/anxiety is an illness. If you had an infection you would take antibiotics. Medication isn't for everyone but we must not condone people who are on it or have taken it in the past. It has helped me greatly and allowed me to work and to get on with life. Plus the waiting list is eight months here for therapy. If you have ever had severe mental health problems you will know that is a very long time to wait without medication. Also ant-di's are NOT ADDICTIVE.
I would just like to say a thankyou for all the wonderful replies and kind words. Keep posting!
A note of caution, lets not go into meds in detail. We are not doctors and everyone has the right to decide their own treatment so lets all please be sensitive to others.
L.O.V.E

I'm afraid I strongly disagree with this statement. Depression/anxiety is an illness. If you had an infection you would take antibiotics. Medication isn't for everyone but we must not condone people who are on it or have taken it in the past. It has helped me greatly and allowed me to work and to get on with life. Plus the waiting list is eight months here for therapy. If you have ever had severe mental health problems you will know that is a very long time to wait without medication. Also ant-di's are NOT ADDICTIVE.
I would just like to say a thankyou for all the wonderful replies and kind words. Keep posting!
A note of caution, lets not go into meds in detail. We are not doctors and everyone has the right to decide their own treatment so lets all please be sensitive to others.
L.O.V.E

your last paragraph is why it's extraordinarily tenuous to even consider talking about "what happened to Michael Jackson" ...and even..the Doctor Murray situation...with a ten thousand foot pole.

To anyone who suffers, I feel your pain. I really do.

Depression is evil. :no:

Much Love to you all. :heart: :hug:

This is me. On mornings when I get to sleep in I find myself hitting the snooze button more and more because I just can't pull myself out of bed. I'm in a very boring routine of going to work, coming home, repeat, etc. I spend a lot of my time at home in my room -my sanctuary- because the mask can come off and I'm free to totally be myself.

I hate going to parties or gatherings where I'm not real familiar with people cause I'm shy and find it hard to start a conversation with people. I guess that doesn't bode real well with an acting career. :sad: I've been criticized and judged for this too, so I feel even more discouraged and more compelled to stay home. It's a vicious cycle.

I've dealt with depression on and off since I was 14. For the first two years of high school, briefly during my junior year of college, and then after graduating. When Michael died I sank to a whole new level of low.

For me personally, I find that exercise, keeping busy, and working creatively help a lot. I've never taken any medication or spoken with a therapist, but I don't recommend that for everyone.

It's still considered Seasonal Affective Disorder. I had S.A.D. big time when I was a teenager, but I haven't really experienced it in some time.

Yep, I hit that snooze button several times every morning, heh.

I've heard some of the shyest people are performers, actors, singers, etc. So I hope you don't let that, or other people's opinions, stop you from pursuing it.

Exercising..yes, that helps with a person's outlook and feelings of well being but I just can't get up the motivation. I'm going to try tonight.

The party and gatherings thing...I hear ya.

Last edited:

I guess I'm in denial about certain aspects but I've got the anxiety a hella lot! Can't help it when something knocks me out of my stride or last minute or out of the blue it gives me a sometimes unbarable feeling of anxiety :-/ The depression side is not so bad and comes in cycles with me. But as I'm extremely shy in person I find it difficult to open up :(

I guess I'm in denial about certain aspects but I've got the anxiety a hella lot! Can't help it when something knocks me out of my stride or last minute or out of the blue it gives me a sometimes unbarable feeling of anxiety :-/ The depression side is not so bad and comes in cycles with me. But as I'm extremely shy in person I find it difficult to open up :(

:( yet you still manage to provide a shoulder for us to cry on - thank u :huggy:

:( yet you still manage to provide a shoulder for us to cry on - thank u :huggy:
You're right Sharlene! :clapping:Stephen is one of those true angels! :wub: :yes:
Thank you Stephen! :) Sending you lots of love & strength! :give_heart: :huggy: Take care!

i raise my hand too,i,ve suffered anxiety and depression on and off for many years,i have to say though,i,ve not felt any happiness since michael left us,the thing with me is i have had anxiety on and off for years ,so i think i,m kind of used to it now,
i really feel for everyone here that suffers,and remember that if anyone ever needs to talk,well you know where i am,

love to everyone in our michael family,

your last paragraph is why it's extraordinarily tenuous to even consider talking about "what happened to Michael Jackson" ...and even..the Doctor Murray situation...with a ten thousand foot pole.

Hi Friend,
you've lost me about there? What do you mean exactly? x

Back