Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

    22 16.79%
  • yes

    109 83.21%
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 438

Thread: Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

   
  1. #16
    Points: 57,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    His last Photo Shoot.
    Posts
    7,228
    Points
    57,044
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    12,965
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,077 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    :huggy:
    💘L'andrew💘

    RIP Dearest M.

  2. #17
    Points: 39,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In eternal paradise with Michael
    Posts
    13,386
    Points
    39,192
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 454 Times in 270 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    I have been still suffering from depression ever since what had happen to Michael last year. I still have all the symptoms of depression. I haven't felt a single ounce of happiness since before it happen. And I still haven't had a single good night's worth of sleep since June 24th 2009. So I am constantly tired all of the time but I have gotten used to it. As well as feeling sick all of the time and gotten used to that. But the one thing that doesn't help my depression is having the kind of mother that I do. Because every single time I tell her about my depression she just yells at me and/or she just doesn't want to hear it or believes me. So I just stop telling her about it. Since it is very obvious that she won't take me to the doctors for my depression. I can't go myself because I can't drive and my doctors office is a good 15 to 20 some minutes from where I live. So I was force to sought help with my depression on my own by playing any of my Sims and Final Fantasy games. Which they have been a big help. And by always eating which that was the wrong thing to do since I gain a lot of the weight that I had lost last Summer back. And I only lost that weight because after what had happen to Michael. Eating was the very last thing in the world I had wanted to do. I even told my mother once why I was gaining my weight back. And she doesn't want to believe me. So I just learn to hide my depression from her and from any of my other MJ hating family members. Because they are not going to care and would think I am totally insane to be suffering from depression over someone that I don't even know.

  3. #18
    Points: 14,026, Level: 76
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,591
    Points
    14,026
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlene View Post
    I have both and hardly anyone knows (hesitated to say it here!) so I'm sorry I feel really uncomfortable elaborating on it.
    I understand your side, it's very brave of you that you do! :group:

    But I feel it's important to get this out in the open! I think this is an amazing thread! I feel that there's a lot of MJ fans out there that are suffering from depression all alone... :( And having a depression is nothing to be ashamed of. But it can be a really really bad thing... :(

    So for anyone out there with depression who reads this thread and is not posting here :
    Please try to reach out your hand to someone, try to talk to someone! Or even better seek professional help! Always remember there's lots of people who love you very much! :group: We, your MJ family, love you very much and we need you here! :wub: :heart:

    With the L.O.V.E.,
    Diana xx
    Last edited by Hocus; 01-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.

  4. #19
    Points: 14,026, Level: 76
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,591
    Points
    14,026
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by MJsBollywoodGirl7 View Post
    I have been still suffering from depression ever since what had happen to Michael last year. I still have all the symptoms of depression. I haven't felt a single ounce of happiness since before it happen. And I still haven't had a single good night's worth of sleep since June 24th 2009. So I am constantly tired all of the time but I have gotten used to it. As well as feeling sick all of the time and gotten used to that. But the one thing that doesn't help my depression is having the kind of mother that I do. Because every single time I tell her about my depression she just yells at me and/or she just doesn't want to hear it or believes me. So I just stop telling her about it. Since it is very obvious that she won't take me to the doctors for my depression. I can't go myself because I can't drive and my doctors office is a good 15 to 20 some minutes from where I live. So I was force to sought help with my depression on my own by playing any of my Sims and Final Fantasy games. Which they have been a big help. And by always eating which that was the wrong thing to do since I gain a lot of the weight that I had lost last Summer back. And I only lost that weight because after what had happen to Michael. Eating was the very last thing in the world I had wanted to do. I even told my mother once why I was gaining my weight back. And she doesn't want to believe me. So I just learn to hide my depression from her and from any of my other MJ hating family members. Because they are not going to care and would think I am totally insane to be suffering from depression over someone that I don't even know.
    Hey sweetie, It's also possible to get treatment for depression over the Internet. Have you tried that already? If not, please promise me you'll do that ok? :huggy: Take care! :give_heart:

  5. #20
    Points: 38,063, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PoP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,457
    Points
    38,063
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    25
    Thanks
    806
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    I've been depressed since high school, because no one still pays any attention to me and they angered me for it, when I started my independance I'm still depressed because I was lonelt without having friends over to see me. But then when I saw Naruto for the first time in the fall of 06', mainly because of NaruHina, the show and manga saved me from my depression, I guess NaruHina healed my depression because seeing them together makes me really happy. My depression came back during most of the winter semister in college, but I felt a lot better when I got home.


    This is why they healed my depression. They made me happy.

  6. #21
    Points: 18,607, Level: 86
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh,Scotland
    Posts
    1,631
    Points
    18,607
    Level
    86
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    2,219
    Thanked 328 Times in 103 Posts

    Exclamation Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilishor View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't recommend taking medication (I'm no doctor though and I also said I wouldn't give advice :smilerolleyes:). In my opinion, drugs don't 'treat' depression, they sort of hide it in a back closet, if you know what I mean + they give addiction. After a while, you won't be able to function without them.
    Therapy, without medication, will lighten you up...
    I'm afraid I strongly disagree with this statement. Depression/anxiety is an illness. If you had an infection you would take antibiotics. Medication isn't for everyone but we must not condone people who are on it or have taken it in the past. It has helped me greatly and allowed me to work and to get on with life. Plus the waiting list is eight months here for therapy. If you have ever had severe mental health problems you will know that is a very long time to wait without medication. Also ant-di's are NOT ADDICTIVE.
    I would just like to say a thankyou for all the wonderful replies and kind words. Keep posting!
    A note of caution, lets not go into meds in detail. We are not doctors and everyone has the right to decide their own treatment so lets all please be sensitive to others.
    L.O.V.E
    You may write me down in history
    With your bitter, twisted lies,
    You may trod me in the very dirt
    But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
    Maya Angelou

  7. #22
    Points: 37,289, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    10,312
    Points
    37,289
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    497
    Thanked 871 Times in 384 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelofinnocence View Post
    I'm afraid I strongly disagree with this statement. Depression/anxiety is an illness. If you had an infection you would take antibiotics. Medication isn't for everyone but we must not condone people who are on it or have taken it in the past. It has helped me greatly and allowed me to work and to get on with life. Plus the waiting list is eight months here for therapy. If you have ever had severe mental health problems you will know that is a very long time to wait without medication. Also ant-di's are NOT ADDICTIVE.
    I would just like to say a thankyou for all the wonderful replies and kind words. Keep posting!
    A note of caution, lets not go into meds in detail. We are not doctors and everyone has the right to decide their own treatment so lets all please be sensitive to others.
    L.O.V.E
    your last paragraph is why it's extraordinarily tenuous to even consider talking about "what happened to Michael Jackson" ...and even..the Doctor Murray situation...with a ten thousand foot pole.
    In Love of Money Land(Branca,sony,mainstream media), it's always a pride and snowy day.

    And, remember when the king of pop fired John Branca?

    https://t.co/dm3MFQdbzd

    http://imgur.com/a/gdU5v It doesn't just... go away.

  8. #23
    Points: 115,035, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    30,806
    Points
    115,035
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 266 Times in 113 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    To anyone who suffers, I feel your pain. I really do.

    Depression is evil. :no:

    Much Love to you all. :heart: :hug:

  9. #24
    Points: 14,146, Level: 77
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn/Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    3,857
    Points
    14,146
    Level
    77
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 353 Times in 162 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by TarinJade View Post
    This is me. On mornings when I get to sleep in I find myself hitting the snooze button more and more because I just can't pull myself out of bed. I'm in a very boring routine of going to work, coming home, repeat, etc. I spend a lot of my time at home in my room -my sanctuary- because the mask can come off and I'm free to totally be myself.

    I hate going to parties or gatherings where I'm not real familiar with people cause I'm shy and find it hard to start a conversation with people. I guess that doesn't bode real well with an acting career. :sad: I've been criticized and judged for this too, so I feel even more discouraged and more compelled to stay home. It's a vicious cycle.

    I've dealt with depression on and off since I was 14. For the first two years of high school, briefly during my junior year of college, and then after graduating. When Michael died I sank to a whole new level of low.

    For me personally, I find that exercise, keeping busy, and working creatively help a lot. I've never taken any medication or spoken with a therapist, but I don't recommend that for everyone.



    It's still considered Seasonal Affective Disorder. I had S.A.D. big time when I was a teenager, but I haven't really experienced it in some time.
    Yep, I hit that snooze button several times every morning, heh.

    I've heard some of the shyest people are performers, actors, singers, etc. So I hope you don't let that, or other people's opinions, stop you from pursuing it.

    Exercising..yes, that helps with a person's outlook and feelings of well being but I just can't get up the motivation. I'm going to try tonight.

    The party and gatherings thing...I hear ya.
    Last edited by suzynyc; 02-09-2010 at 11:26 AM.

  10. #25
    Points: 22,900, Level: 93
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hillingdon - West London
    Posts
    3,784
    Points
    22,900
    Level
    93
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked 942 Times in 431 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    I guess I'm in denial about certain aspects but I've got the anxiety a hella lot! Can't help it when something knocks me out of my stride or last minute or out of the blue it gives me a sometimes unbarable feeling of anxiety :-/ The depression side is not so bad and comes in cycles with me. But as I'm extremely shy in person I find it difficult to open up :(

    "I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart."

  11. #26
    Points: 3,216, Level: 35
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Townsville and Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,040
    Points
    3,216
    Level
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by thrillerchild View Post
    I guess I'm in denial about certain aspects but I've got the anxiety a hella lot! Can't help it when something knocks me out of my stride or last minute or out of the blue it gives me a sometimes unbarable feeling of anxiety :-/ The depression side is not so bad and comes in cycles with me. But as I'm extremely shy in person I find it difficult to open up :(
    :( yet you still manage to provide a shoulder for us to cry on - thank u :huggy:

  12. #27
    Points: 14,026, Level: 76
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,591
    Points
    14,026
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 53 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlene View Post
    :( yet you still manage to provide a shoulder for us to cry on - thank u :huggy:
    You're right Sharlene! :clapping:Stephen is one of those true angels! :wub:
    Thank you Stephen! :) Sending you lots of love & strength! :give_heart: :huggy: Take care!

  13. #28
    Points: 20,609, Level: 90
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    england
    Posts
    2,874
    Points
    20,609
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    i raise my hand too,i,ve suffered anxiety and depression on and off for many years,i have to say though,i,ve not felt any happiness since michael left us,the thing with me is i have had anxiety on and off for years ,so i think i,m kind of used to it now,
    i really feel for everyone here that suffers,and remember that if anyone ever needs to talk,well you know where i am,

    love to everyone in our michael family,

  14. #29
    Points: 18,607, Level: 86
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh,Scotland
    Posts
    1,631
    Points
    18,607
    Level
    86
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    2,219
    Thanked 328 Times in 103 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by 144,000 View Post
    your last paragraph is why it's extraordinarily tenuous to even consider talking about "what happened to Michael Jackson" ...and even..the Doctor Murray situation...with a ten thousand foot pole.
    Hi Friend,
    you've lost me about there? What do you mean exactly? x
    You may write me down in history
    With your bitter, twisted lies,
    You may trod me in the very dirt
    But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
    Maya Angelou

  15. #30
    Points: 9,111, Level: 64
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    177
    Points
    9,111
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

    hi my friend i also have a bad case of anixty and depression i have G.A.D. general anixty disorder ans plus i also have adhd too
    Don’t walk away
    See I just can’t find the right thing to say I tried but all my pain gets in the way Tell me what I have to do so you’ll stay Should I get down on my knees and pray

    Michael Jackson

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •