Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
The following is from poster mickeyj007 who is in contact with somebody who is working with MJs estate..

I just asked for permission to post these, so it's ok. This is from a couple of emails:

Quote:
'There are still plans for a new album between the June-August time period. Expect to hear more about this in the next month.

It's material recorded between 2001 and 2009, and will include some out-takes from Invincible. There will be newer tracks as well from 2007 to 2009. About 10-12 songs will make the final cut.'

'CANT GET YOUR WEIGHT OFF ME' SNIPPET!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9U5Fm1PDvY

Fans who want this song on the new album contact Sony via this feedback form: http://www.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.php

Last edited:
Re: Plans for brand new album to be released soon

More from poster mickeyj007..

'I just recently had the privelage of hearing an out-take from the Invincible sessions; one that was recorded in 2000. After hearing part of it I've got great faith in any stuff that might be released in the future, that's currently unreleased from the Vince sessions. This track to me sounded better than anything that's on the actual Invincible album, and I'm still scratching my head as to why it was never included.'

Last edited:

OMFG is this is true! I don't care if this is too much information but a small drop of urine may well have just been released. He's quite reliable - wasn't he the one who said something about a single titled This Is It released to promote the film?

More quotes:

"I just recently had the privelage of hearing an out-take from the Invincible sessions; one that was recorded in 2000. After hearing part of it I've got great faith in any stuff that might be released in the future, that's currently unreleased from the Vince sessions. This track to me sounded better than anything that's on the actual Invincible album, and I'm still scratching my head as to why it was never included."

"It was produced by Rodney Jerkins and sounded very similar to Unbreakable, but in my opinion it sounded better. It's its own song, but if I had to say what it sounded similar to it'd probably be a mix of Unbreakable and Invincible. But yeah, better..."

"It's way too expensive for me to buy. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed it gets released soon."

"The composition was extremely complex, as expected. I'm trying to work the price down currently."

"IMO, it's worth buying obscure demos sometimes, like things you know will probably never be released. I really can't say. Depends if you have the money to blow and if you're happy with the thought that some day, it's possible they'll be released. I can say that the song I've heard would be a big, big hit if it were to be released. Another Day is nothing compared to this, and either is A Place with No Name. Of course this is just my opinion. Either way, Sony and the Estate are truly sitting on a gold mine."

Last edited:

Any news in this thread? Or just as already reported a 'plan' to release
an album with unreleased stuff in maybe June/August/christmas/next year.
And yeah, "it sounded great" ... my grandma could tell the same.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...jacksons_new_album_to_be_released.html?cat=33

Reportedly both Sony and Universal Music are the front runners in the bidding for Michael Jackson's unreleased materials

If Sony gets the rights, then fans will have a tough time .it is so because Sony will repackage old songs with one or two new songs

If things go as planned by the executors of the Jackson's estate then the fans will have a reason to celebrate on the late King Of Pop's 52nd Birthday. If for any reason there is delay , due to ongoing legal proceedings ,then the album would be released during Christmas 2010.

some time back on some music forums it was rumored that Bruce Swedien (audio engineer for all MJ albums since Thriller) was asked to go over all the songs and determine the ones that could be released. Some people tried to ask him whether this was true or not and he did not respond one way or another.

Like I said it might be just a rumor but I believe there's an album in the works.

It's been confirmed on the board mentioned above that indeed Bruce is unavailable and it has been inferred, rather directly, that he is busy working on an MJ project but that it is very, very difficult for him given the fact that he is still grieving the loss of Michael. So, please be patient.

It's coming June 2010 (1 year anniversary of Mj's death) or August 2010 (his birthday). Final decision will be announced in March or April by Sony. This album will be huge. More info later...

New quotes from mickeyj2007 over at MaxJax about the 1990 Bruce Swedien-produced song Don't Be Messin' Around. Michael plays piano on it, which Bruce said was beautiful. Mickey added that "it is" and that could be released "if they (the estate and co.) are fine with releasing unfinished recordings. Vocals wise, only the chorus is really present, however not fully complete. The verses are essentially a mix of humming/gibberish and clearly unfinished vocals... It's a far from finished track, but it's a nice track. And it is absolutely nothing like anything on Dangerous. The whole song is completely different and putting it on Dangerous. Well, let's just say it wouldn't have fit with the flow at all. It's about as complete as In the Back. After somebody asked "if it's as complete as In the Back, it's surely not worse?" he replied that "I was just using that as a comparison to how far it came in the recording and production process. For what it is, it's a very nice demo."

Source: http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=17991&page=3

Bit of an update:

* It looks as if the new album is a go. The estate has given it's blessings.

* Expect to see a press release go out in April or May (I was told May is more likely).

* The release date is now set for late August to coincide with MJ's 52nd birthday.

* Sony wants the first single out by June 25th to capitalize on the huge press for the 1 year anniversary of his death.

* The label has been working with producers including; Akon, Rodney Jerkins, Teddy Riley, R Kelly, and taking songs MJ wrote solely. They are also trying to contact Will.i.am to work out something regarding the music he and MJ did together. However, he appears uninterested at the time in releasing it; my contact remains confident Sony can persuade him.

That's basically it for the time being.

^ The new album will contain several tracks from the 2003 album, plus some out-takes from Invincible with Rodney Jerkins. These tracks will be blended with post 2005 (2006 to 2009) material for a full album of 12-15 tracks.

All material on the album will be complete. There will be no demos

:D
btw mickeyj can you give us any idea if Bruce Swedien is indeed involved in the mixing and perfecting of this project like i have heard? Can you shed any light on who is working on this project? Also is another day on this project and kick it etc????

Terry

According to BonnieB87 at KopBoard, Lenny Kravitz was on George Lopez and said he'd worked on the track they did together and it would be released later this year, so I guess "Another Day" WILL be on the album unless something happens to prevent it.

Kravitz Track To Lead Jackson's New Album

Source: Contact Music/
11 March 2010 22:13

The first album of new MICHAEL JACKSON material since the King of Pop's death last year (09) will be led by a track he recorded with LENNY KRAVITZ for his INVINCIBLE release.

Jackson cut the track because he felt it was "too rocky" for the album, but now producers have decided it's the best unreleased tune from the pop superstar's recent back catalogue.

And Kravitz reveals it was amazing to work with his idol, "It was a blessing... I got to work with this cat and we had so much fun. We laughed all day long; he's a funny, funny dude, and the work ethic was serious... We had a lot of respect for each other. It's a beautiful memory.
"It's (song) really about how his life has been so incredible, and, without God, it wouldn't be so."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/kravitz-track-to-lead-jacksons-new-album_1135117

^Sony is currently going through all the unreleased material and picking the strongest songs. They began this process a couple months ago and have been working with producers to get the full rights to the music, and in some cases, to get the producers to finish the tracks. This process will continue for the next month before everything comes together and a press release is issued sometime in late April or early May. Of course, the estate must approve the album. Expect TMZ to pick up on some of these back and forth communications from now into May. The goal right now, is to get a single out by June 25th for the 1 year anniversary of MJ's death to capitalize on the huge publicity that will come with the event. The release date of the album is tentatively set for the last two weeks of August. A final date has not been decided upon, but my source says look for something close to MJ's birthday.

As for the material, as I said, it's a mix of Invincible album cuts, 2003 recordings meant for a new album before the trial halted that project, plus tracks recorded after the trial between 2006 and 2009. There are at least two duets, one with Lenny Kravitz, and another unknown. It's hard to give any more info because nothing is set in stone on the track list, they are setting a minimum of 10 tracks with a maximum of 15.

^They want the album to be "MJ's final recordings", and it will be marketed as "the comeback album MJ had been working on for 9 years since Invincible". Also, Sony wants the album to sound somewhat modern, and because of that there will be NO out-takes from OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, or HIStory. The material will be exclusively from the 00's.

Re: Plans for brand new album to be released soon - "Another day" to be the lead single

^The album will contain 10-12 songs roughly. Like I said will range in time from Invincible cuts through modern 2006-2009 recordings. I am also told the estate is thinking of adding in a few amazing cuts from the Thriller to Dangerous era but this not confirmed. The new album is being aimed to be released in late August 2010. An official announcement will be issued in April or May with the release of the first single by late June. Today's press release regarding the massive contract with Sony is the first step and proves to all skeptic MJ fans that there is LOTS of work going on behind the scenes to get MJ stuff out on the market.

Re: Plans for brand new album to be released soon - "Another day" to be the lead single

A little update on the new album:

-As of right now, Sony is saying November for a release date to capitalize on huge Christmas sales. The estate wants something for MJ's birthday. So the actual release date has not been announced yet. If Sony gets it way with a November release date then the first single will be out end of August instead of late June. That single is Another Day with Lenny Kravitz as of right now.

-The album will contain 10 songs minimum, maximum is now 12. The reason for the low amount of songs is because there is about 30-35 songs in the vault that are "album material". The other 30-40 are demos with weaker sounds, or just B side songs that many fans would be disappointed with to have on an official MJ album. Sony and the estate want to release a minimum of 2 but most likely 3 CD's over the next 7 years of unreleased MJ songs.

-Although MJ isn't alive to promote the singles, Sony is still banking on a #1 album and a #1 single in the US. They plan to hype up the release and want fans to download the first single like crazy to get it to #1 on the Billboard 200 (giving MJ his 14th #1 on the chart).

-I can confirm that We've Had Enough will not make the album cut, the only song fans have heard before in full is Hold My Hand, although the album version is slightly different then the one we have. There will be mostly Invincible cuts, 03 recordings, 2006-2009 songs, and then a few from the 80's and 90's as of right now. Sony changed their mind last minute to include a few older songs simply due to the incredible sound and modern feel to them.

-The BAD tour WILL be released sometime over the next 7 years in high quality DVD. A Blu-Ray release is unknown at this time simply because the cameras it was filmed on are not high enough quality for a Blu-Ray DVD. They will however remaster the sound and enhance the video quality in the release.

-A new MJ video game is in the works. I am told this is an enhanced version of Moonwalker with new levels, new songs, and will be sold as early as fall 2010! No date has been set in stone yet as Sony video game technicians are still creating levels, and putting the game together. Regardless, expect the new Moonwalker to be on PS3 soon, and a possible X Box 360 version is also in the works.

-The estate asked Sony to include a live album as a part of their 10 album release and Sony plans on doing just that. There are over 30 songs in the vault of MJ singing live, and I'm told it's incredible. I myself have heard a few of these tracks and they are mindblowing.

-Also, expect a 25th anniversary edition of BAD in 2012. The new disc will have a DVD to go with it, along with a poster, and 2 new songs from that time period that have never been heard before, along with two potential demos of songs that eventually morphed into other songs later on.

-And finally, I am told the Cirque Du Soleil is practically a go, and will be announced within the next couple months. A CD to go with the show will also be sold along with tons of memorabilia. This will be in Vegas, and should start as early as late fall, but most likely in 2011.

-

^They are planning to release 2 albums of unreleased tracks, each album containing 10-12 songs. With the other tracks, they will use them on special editions of Off The Wall, Bad, and Dangerous. AND, I'm also told a re-release of Invincible is being discussed at Sony. (They believe the album deserves to be experienced by new MJ fans who may not know the great material on it)

Re: Attn: SONY [Suggestions For New Album]

^Hold My Hand however has a very commercial appeal, and would appeal to even non MJ fans. I've been already told it's going to make the album, Sony expects it to be a hit too.

Just got off the phone with my source, thought I would update you guys. As of right now there are no breaking developments with the new album.

-Sony is waiting on the estate to finalize the tracklist.

-McClain is mostly in charge I'm told, and his team is going through the tracks trying to create a perfect album. (as perfect as you can get with out-takes and unreleased songs)

-Work has begun on the booklet with some pictures being selected.

-Sony is still deciding on what to do with these 12 songs founded last month that are not part of the deal. I'm told a deal could be made for them as early as next week or sometime in June. Apparently Sony is still going through the tracks which are being presented by Cascio. Some of the songs are "very MJ", written and composed solely by him with others co-written. While these tracks are not global smash hits, they are more for MJ fans with personal elements sprinkled all through the song. There are 12 100% completed songs. Considering how MJ's fan base has grown since his death, Sony is betting the songs will be hits but is approaching the purchase very carefully.

-I am told news of the songs will be made more public soon with a potential bidding war heating up. Cascio I am told is shopping around going to Universal, and even Live Nation as well as Sony looking for the best offer. If Sony wins, expect some of these tracks to hit the new album in November.

-The estate is aiming to have 10-12 songs on the new album still with a HUGE marketing campaign that is set to include a "phenomenal" internet presence, television ads, billboards, magazine ads, and other artists promoting it through television appearances, etc.

-Finally, I am told that the November through December time period will be very exciting for MJ fans. Sony has some surprises centered around this new album. The excitement will begin in late August/early September when the first single is released globally. This will "kick off" the project.

Last edited:

New album will be released in November, first single out late August/early September

I don't believe any word of this post, who knows for sure that a single will be released August and a new album November. I think this is too soon, I'll be amazed if we see a album this side of Christmas.

There is a new album coming out this year. The plan right now is to release it the week before the US Thanksgiving holiday. So mid November seems the most likely right now. Either way, it will be out in November 100%. A single will be coming even sooner, around late August or early September I am told. As we get closer towards the summer you will start to see more information in the media regarding the album. Right now they are still picking songs and such plus Sony is working out the deal for the new 12 songs founded last month through MJ's friend Cascio.

Re: The Official New Michael Jackson Album News and Discussion Thread

the last time i discussed the lead single with my source ( a few weeks ago ) the plan was still to release "Another Day" as the lead single globally. I will be talking with him again next week, and I'll ask him if anything has changed on that.

I have been told that the official announcement regarding the single and more info on the album will be issued in July. More specifically in the first two weeks. Another Day has been finished, and sounds great compared to the current Youtube versions currently available.

Not sure if this has been posted or not.

Michael Jackson's new CD reportedly out in late 2010 -- New song, 'A Place with No Name' included?

Even after the tragic passing of Michael Jackson, fans are still hoping to hear some of the never before released songs that the King of Pop reportedly has in his library of work. According to a new report, a new album from Michael Jackson is set to be released later this year, and it will reportedly include the song, "A Place with No Name."

According to a new report by the Daily Record, the song is a re-write of the famous song, "A Horse with No Name," from the band America back in 1972. The writer of the original song, Dewey Bunnell is pleased with the fact that Jackson liked the song enough to "rework" the song.

Bunnell says:

"I had heard about it a couple of years ago, before Michael passed. After his death, I forgot about it. Now it seems the song will come out this year, and the credits will read 'Michael Jackson and Dewey Bunnell.' It's pretty amazing."

If the new song does in fact make it onto the new CD, it will certainly be exciting to see how Michael Jackson re-worked the song. There was no limit to his genius, and it is certain that he made this song his own, and brought new life to it.

For the latest in news on Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and the entire Jackson family, simply click the "Subscribe" button on the top of the page. Notifications of all the latest news will be delivered to your inbox.
Follow the Jackson Family Examiner on Twitter.
http://www.examiner.com/x-52612-Jac...-2010--New-song-A-Place-with-No-Name-included

I wonder where damien is? I'd like to know if he has anything to say about this stuff master moonwalker is posting.

Im baffled by everyone's posts to be honest lol.

I don't know what's true and what isn't. I cannot validate anyone's source but my own and although I dont want to pass judgement on situations I dont know about, it seems that master moonwalker is attempting to take you all for a ride with his imagination.

My source is a very busy fella. He is the director of Sony Music Australia and he also runs the commercial music and sales divisions at the Sydney office. When he has info from NY it appears in my inbox. I don't like writing to him asking questions because I don't want to waste his time and piss him off.

However, just over two weeks ago I emailed him about the album asking him to clear up the penciled in release date's for upcoming projects. I briefly explained how there is a shitfight going over who believes what, and what is real and what isn't. I explained there are many people claiming to have Sony sources and that everyone's info was conflicting.

His reply (which I posted here and on Max Jax two weeks ago when he sent it to me) was "New album and New DVD in November".

Since then, I've heard nothing.

The ONLY details I have heard from my source in Sony since that March announcement is that YES the estate has the Cascio recordings and they intend on using them (got that info in May) and that YES there is a music release coming this November (got that info a week before the announcement and it hadn't changed when I last got an update in early July). Plus the news about the DVD was new and exclusive but I have no idea WHAT the DVD is :lol:

And to be frank with you all.. if I did hear something new from him I'm not sure if I'd post it anyways because it will just add fuel to the forum's ongoing arguing problem.

I saw this about a week or so ago when I was on BestBuys site. I thought I'd post it.

preodermj.jpg

^ It will not be Bad material on the new album. Expect to hear more recent stuff, including songs recorded in MJ's final years. Also, you will hear Darkchild/MJ material out-takes from Invincible as well as a song recorded after Invincible. Another Day will be on the album, it's from the early 00's. So the majority of the material will in fact be 2000's as I have posted from the beginning.

Back