There is Teacher's Day
There is Parent's Day
There is International Women's Day
There is International Men's Day

But..
There is no Children's Day?
What is wrong with this world....

No??
Ever since I can remember, we've always had Children' Day (1st of June) in Romania. I always thought it was sort of an international day. I guess I was wrong. Sorry that you didn't have this special day throughout childhood :better:

I think June 1st is Children's Day in the whole former Communist bloc. Most countries have Children's Day, just different dates. It's the same with mother's and father's day.
I don't know how it is in the US. I remember in 2000 president Clinton proclaimed some day in October to be Children's Day, I don't remember what day though..

I think June 1st is Children's Day in the whole former Communist bloc. Most countries have Children's Day, just different dates. It's the same with mother's and father's day.

That might be. We (as a communist bloc country) were always different back then. For ex, we didn't have Santa coming on x-mas, we had Father Frost coming on december the 31st...but that's another story :)

We don't have that here in Danmark :shock:

Michael "There's a Mother's Day and there's a Father's Day, but there's no Children's Day. It would mean a lot. World peace."

They should have these rights every day;
1. The right to be loved without having to earn it
2. The right to be protected, without having to deserve it
3. The right to feel valuable, even if you came into the world with nothing
4. The right to be listened to without having to be interesting
5. The right to be read a bedtime story, without having to compete with the evening news
6. The right to an education without having to dodge bullets at schools
7. The right to be thought of as adorable - (even if you have a face that only a mother could love).
from Michaels Oxfordspeech

Oh wow I wasn't even aware that Australia had an official Children's Day. It's definitely not publicised much. Just looked on the wikipedia link that AllForLove gave, and our Children's Day is this month in late October!

23rd April is Children Day in Turkiye.. it was given to the children as a gift by great Mustafa Kemal Atatürk founder of Turkiye, we love and proud of him so much.

Also every year we celebrate this day with thousands of children who come from many countries,USA, UK, Egypt, Denmark, Africa, Bangladesh, Australia, France, Germany, Iraq, Azerbaijan, India, Russia, Finland..... you name it, almost all the countries in the world. Last year, it was celebrated with Michael's songs Heal The World and We Are The World. :)

every year, many children every race, color, religion etc. come to Turkiye. Every year before this event lots of Turkish families apply to have a child as a guest during the celebrating days. the goverment chooses the best families and these guest children stay with these Turkish families at their houses. it is really beautiful, they love it. when they return their own countries, all the children start to cry, because they love each others and all of them upset since the event over and they have to be seperate from their new friends. all of these beautiful children are really innocent and loving children..
every year all of us wish we could be just like them.

ps:sorry for my poor English..

New Zealand has one but we don't follow it. We did something for it in Intermediate School once but I can't really remember what we did. I couldn't tell you when it is or anything. My Mum has said that every day is anyway and that they deserve a day more than us anyway so a well publicised one would make jack all difference : P

Glad to hear Canada has "Children Day", I wish some countries have that too.

Back