Windows Live Messenger 2011

*Little Suzie*

Proud Member
Does anyone have the new version?
What do you think about it?
I do. But it's very hard and confused to use it. I don't know how to change my fonts, etc..

I've downloaded it. I think it's alright. It's certainly good if you're into social networking.
To make it look a bit more like the older one you can untick the option for tabbed conversations in more options and switch to the compact view if you have not done so yet.

Sorry how to make it look like the older one? I am on more option, but don't know really what to do now

If you're on the full view, in the top right hand corner there is a little square icon, if you click it, it will switch to the compact view which seems to resemble the old messenger a bit more and then in more options, on the menu on the left go to Messages, and the third box up on that section untick enabled tabbed conversations. So each conversation will have it's own window again.

I hope that helps. It made it a little easier for me too use.

Okay thanks
and do you know how to make the list like this?
Because mine is little bit different
Found it on google
wlm-2011-public-beta-contact-list-classic.png

And is there any way to delete the MSN commercial that shows under the chatbox when you chatting with someone?
I tried to click on the X but it comes again.

Last edited:
That is the compact view. As long as you have it set to compact view by pressing the icon in the top right corner and the window is not fully maximised it should appear as a list like that. :)

I don't think I've used Windows Live Messenger since the mid 00's, lol.

Uh...I think it's just as good as any previous versions of MSN / WLM due to the Facebook integration.

If you want to make it looks like the old WLM, just click on the compact view.

2vwy71w.jpg

Back