Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

OCTOBER 13, 2010
<center>EPIC/LEGACY RECORDINGS TO RELEASE "MICHAEL JACKSON'S VISION," THE FIRST-EVER COMPLETE COLLECTION OF ALL THE SHORT FILMS PRODUCED BY MICHAEL JACKSON</center> <center>Deluxe Boxed Set Features 4 1/2 Hours of Content Across Three DVDs Showcasing
More Than 40 Videos In Newly Restored Color and Remastered Audio</center> <center>"Michael Jackson's Vision" Available Everywhere Monday, November 22</center> <hr>
mj_vision.jpg

In collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson, Epic/Legacy Recordings is releasing Michael Jackson's Vision on November 22, making available for the first time ever the entire library of short films produced by Michael Jackson during his career as a solo artist.
Packaged as a deluxe boxed set, Michael Jackson's Vision contains more than four-and-one-half hours of content across three DVDs, capturing the entire spectrum of Michael’s pioneering short films that transformed the entertainment industry with timeless, pop culture classics that today’s youth embrace with as much passion as their parents did a generation earlier.
Michael Jackson's Vision brings together more than 40 videos, ten of them previously unavailable on DVD and each presented in newly restored color and remastered audio. And this release marks the debut of the short film for the R. Kelly-penned "One More Chance."
The simultaneous emergence of MTV as a television force and Michael Jackson’s breakout as a global superstar provided the most epochal musical/cultural shift since the Beatles. Seizing the potential of MTV's 24-hour reach, Michael Jackson produced and starred in a series of what would become iconic short musical films that redefined and established the perimeters, and parameters, of an entire new medium.
Jackson's short-form zombie dance party masterpiece, "Thriller," famously directed by John Landis, remains a cultural phenomenon. It recently became the first (and only) music video to be inducted by the Library of Congress into the National Film Registry, an elite collection of only a few hundred films.
Michael Jackson's Vision includes the full-length versions of the John Landis-directed "Thriller" and “Black or White” as well as the classic “Bad” directed by Academy Award ®-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese. Also included in the boxed set are Michael’s collaborations with such other noted film directors as John Singleton, Spike Lee and David Fincher as well as “Ghosts,” his rarely-seen collaboration with special effects legend Stan Winston.
Michael Jackson's Vision will be available in a limited edition deluxe boxed set featuring a 60-page glossy hard-bound book that includes behind-the-scenes photos from Michael's personal archives.
The state-of-the-art packaging includes cover art using lenticular virtual imaging technology to vividly represent memorable scenes from Michael Jackson's signature short films.
Michael Jackson's Vision
DISC 1
1 Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 4:12:00
Director: Nick Saxton
2 Rock With You 3:22:00
Director: Bruce Gowers
3 She's Out of My Life 3:35:00
Director: Bruce Gowers
4 Billie Jean 4:54:00
Director: Steve Barron
5 Beat It 4:57:00
Director: Bob Giraldi
6 Thriller 13:42:00
Director: John Landis
7 Bad 18:05:00
Director: Martin Scorsese
8 The Way You Make Me Feel 9:24:00
Director: Joe Pytka
9 Man In the Mirror 5:03:00
Director: Don Wilson
10 Dirty Diana 5:05:00
11 Smooth Criminal 9:27:00
Director: Colin Chilvers
12 Another Part of Me 4:45:00
Director: Patrick T. Kelly
13 Speed Demon 10:08:00
Director: Will Vinton
14 Come Together 5:40:00
Director: Jerry Kramer & Colin Chilvers
15 Leave Me Alone 4:36:00
Director: Jim Blashfield and Paul Diener
16 Liberian Girl 5:34:00
Director: Jim Yukich
Total Disc 1 112:29:00 (01:52:29)
DISC 2
1 Black or White 11:01:00
Director: John Landis
2 Remember The Time 9:16:00
Director: John Singleton
3 In the Closet 6:05:00
Director: Herb Ritts
4 Jam 7:59:00
Director: David Nelson
5 Heal The World 7:32:00
6 Give In To Me 5:29:00
Director: Andy Morahan
7 Who Is It 6:34:00
Director: David Fincher
8 Will You Be There 5:55:00
Director: Vincent Paterson
9 Gone Too Soon 3:38:00
Director: Bill DiCicco
10 Scream 4:47:00
Director: Mark Romanek
Janet Jackson appears courtesy of Virgin Records
11 Childhood 4:29:00
Director: Nicholas Brandt
12 You Are Not Alone 5:34:00
Director: Wayne Isham
13 Earth Song 6:44:00
14 They Don't Care About Us 7:08:00
Director: Spike Lee
15 Stranger In Moskow 5:33:00
16 Blood On The Dancefloor 5:27:00
Director: Michael Jackson & Vincent Patterson
17 Ghosts 3:58:00
Director: Stan Winston
18 You Rock My World 13:30:00
Director: Paul Hunter
19 Cry 4:57:00
Director: Nick Brandt
Total Disc 2 125:36:00 (2:05:36)
DISC 3 (Bonus Features)
1 Blame It On the Boogie - The Jacksons 3:32:00
2 Enjoy Yourself - The Jacksons 3:31:00
3 Can You Feel It - The Jacksons 9:37:00
4 Say Say Say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson 4:57:00
Director: Bob Giraldi
5 They Don't Care About Us - Prison version 4:52:00
Director: Spike Lee
6 Why? - 3T featuring Michael Jackson 4:33:00
7 One More Chance - previously unreleased 4:03:00
Total Disc 3 35:05:00

Yesss, finally! ONE MORE CHANCE!

Finally TDCAU Prison version gets the release it deserves! Woop! And FULL LENGHT YRMW! Awesome!

Only one thing - it says digitally restored audio and VIDEO. Well... Why not blu-Ray release? Makes me blue just thinking about it...

Sorry to be negative...this is just milking it. Sure it's cool to have all the old videos in one box, but these are all OLD videos. The only new thing i see is One more chance....the article says 10 unreleased videos, which ones would those be then? The tracklist doesn't say.

Staffordshire Bullterrier;3016755 said:
The only new thing i see is One more chance....the article says 10 unreleased videos, which ones would those be then? The tracklist doesn't say.

It says "previously unreleased videos on DVD - (10 of which are appearing on DVD for the first time)" and those are according to official website is

She&#8217;s Out Of My Life *
Ghosts *
You Rock My World *
Cry*
Blame It On The Boogie (The Jacksons)*
Enjoy Yourself (The Jacksons)*
Can You Feel It (The Jacksons)*
They Don&#8217;t Care About Us (Prison Version)*
Why (3T featuring Michael Jackson)*
One More Chance *

I hope these videos have good transfers too warrant buying the old ones again, hopefully they are from the original film negatives.

It'll be interesting to see how close they were to finishing the One More Chance video.

Sorry to be negative...this is just milking it. Sure it's cool to have all the old videos in one box, but these are all OLD videos. The only new thing i see is One more chance....the article says 10 unreleased videos, which ones would those be then? The tracklist doesn't say.

Um how is it "Milking it"?. It's EVERY music video (including an unreleased one and 10 never released on DVD before) with REMASTERED audio and color therefore in super high quality..Not everyone has every single DVD set of his music videos..

I am so getting this. I cannot wait!! :D

They could have added more to the 3rd disc, but nonetheless I'm happy with this set. The fact we FINALLY get She's Out Of My Life, Another Part Of Me, TDCAU- Prison Version, Say Say Say, Why and the original One More Chance on DVD is exciting!

Um how is it "Milking it"?. It's EVERY music video (including an unreleased one and 10 never released on DVD before) with REMASTERED audio and color therefore in super high quality..Not everyone has every single DVD set of his music videos..

I am so getting this.

It really is milking to me, sorry. And good video quality? First i wanna see that, then i'll believe it. And i don't think i wanna know the pricetag.

I guess me and my friend are the only ones not excited at all about this, this is basically all old old old...something brand new would be better. Countless times we got Best Of albums and what not...it's time for new stuff. Unless the pricetag ain't insane...i see no reason to be happy and no reason to purchase.

This is not "milking it". I have been waiting for this for ages! How convenient will it be to own every MJ video in 1 package. The only thing it's missing is the full version of Ghosts... besides that it's perfect. I'm glad Say Say Say, Why, and all the Jackson videos are going to make it on here as well. Amazing list!

I'll be buying it, and probably a few extras for Christmas presents.

I wish the full version of Ghosts was on here but I guess that's a future plan. I'm estatic with this, where's the pre-order button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to it! I'll be looking to pre-order from Amazon! :)

FFF AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm so getting this! It looks SICK!

Question: It says it will be available in a limited edition...? What to they mean by that?

By Unreleased they are talking about stuff that has never been released on home video, at least in the north American market. There is a good deal of videos that most people have never seen or haven't seen since their original MTV airdates. Too bad the alternate version of Blood on the dance floor isn't included, this would be the perfect place to include it. Let's face it guys, the only video MJ ever made that was never seen is One More Chance, I know everyone would love to see more, but as far as I know there just isn't anything left. Sure something could be edited from unseen footage, but there are not any "unreleased" videos out there.

As far as Blu Ray goes, yes it's true that most of MJ's videos were shot on film. BUT everything since Black or White was edited on video, meaning that the masters that exist are 480 SD resolution. What they mean by remastered is probably all new transfers from the broadcast tapes. Which will be the best quality possible at this time. The good news is that if the original film neg still exists, which is a strong possibility, HD versions of the video can exist one day. Although the special effects in some of the videos may have to be redone because of the SD resolution. This will take time to properly scan and re-edit the videos and I would have been skeptical of any BLU release coming so soon.
It will happen but it probably won't happen for another 2 years or so at the earliest.

( Some videos that were edited on film and released in theaters like Thriller, Ghosts, Moonwalker can have HD transfers made quickly as they have Film prints available. Although it would be better to go back to the original neg on these films as well because the prints are probably very aged. You can bet Thriller will have an HD version sometime soon as we have heard about the 3D conversion taking place)

Now before I say this I want it to be clear that I am NO INSIDER, but that I have heard
some things from friends here in LA. I did hear about a 2 day studio shoot in Hollywood over the summer, I assumed it was for a commercial for the video game. Now I'm thinking it was for one more chance. A friend who does P.A. work on music videos was telling me about it and he said it was mostly a double dancing in silhouette. Maybe this is how they are going to fill in the gaps for the video?

Also at 4 1/2 hrs Sony could have fit all of this other 2 DVD's, Dual Layer DVD's hold 3 hrs. But you can charge more for 3 DVD's so I guess that's why. There are a few other things they could have added to pad out the 3rd disc.
Alternate Blood on the dance floor video, the 2 other versions of Smooth Criminal & the 2 other YRMW edits (just for completest sake), the offical remix videos (I'm not sure how many of these were made but I know Black or White and Remember the Time had ones). I'm sure there are a few other videos out there that could have been easily included.

I'm sure the full version of GHOSTS isn't being included because they want to release that on it's own (hopefully in HD!). Probably next Halloween (Hopefully with special features), Maybe alongside Thriller? Maybe in 3D?

Last edited:
Fantastic collection! I will be ordering it as soon as possible.

I say "Bah humbug!" to the (continual) moaners on here. It's always the same posters clogging up posts with their negative rubbish - about stuff they (apparently) don't intend to buy!

Here's an idea for the moaners;

- Don't waste your time (or ours) posting dozens of comments about how you "won't buy it!". One post is enough - we heard you the first time.

I, for one, can't wait for it to be relased!

Back