Do you believe in life after death?

Do you believe in life after death?

• Yes I do

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • No, I'm afraid when you die that's the end.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • I don't know, I try not to think about it too much

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters

TheMan1998

Proud Member
I was just wondering how many of us the fans believe in the afterlife. Both of my parents died, and I"m not a religious person, but after loosing Michael I stated to wonder. Maybe there is something after.. I really don't know what to think. If nobody have any recollection of where were they before they were born, how could one be so sure he's going anywhere that is not total blackness, "feeling" the same as he felt before he was born...?
So do you believe in life after death?

Last edited:
I don't have any firm beliefs. My thoughts on that change often. There's really only one way to find out. I would like to believe that the soul lives on somewhere.

I believe in death after life... :lol:

In all seriousness, though, we can only really hope. For Michael's sake, I would hope there's something, but I do not necessarily believe it, or doubt it. Judging by physical evidence, it is most probable that this is it. Still, we do not know everything.

I put down "I don't know, I try not to think about it too much" But only the first part is true (that I don't know), however I do find myself thinking about it pretty regularly. It's one of those things that gets you thinking and ends up going in tangents in your head, like is the universe infinite etc.

Interesting to hear everyones view :D

being through a near death experience (from a seizure attack during school), i'd say yes and i'm not afraid of dying b/c of it, i used to be terrified of losing my parents i would just cry in the middle of the night thinking about but from what i experience it's a peaceful sort of thing in your sleep, outof conscious it was weird my grandmother who died during surgery a few years was standing in a hallway type of thing she looked younger but i reconcized her then the doctor was able to revive me and i woke to all these aweful ivs in my arm

Absolutely, it is one of the cornerstones of my faith. Life on earth is but a pilgrimage, our real home and citizenship is in heaven. There are two other possible 'destinations', but i'd rather not think of any of those (although many of my deeds, thoughts and words make me 'worthy' of them) and heaven can wait as well; i still ain't done with pissin' people over here lol.

Thank you all for sharing. I'm currently reading an interesting book about this subject, called "Life After Death: The Burden of Proof" by Deepak Chopra. it's from 2006. I wonder if Michael have read this book since he was a friend of Chopra. Pretty interesting point of view, but still I'm not fully convinced so far

i wish i believed, i really do but it just doesn't seem rational.

all of our emotions and thoughts come from our nervous system, once we lose that that's it.

even if somehow there was an afterlife we wouldn't have the senses, motor functions, or emotions that we've grown used to.

That's why i think deep down even though some may try to hide it we have a fear of death because it is the last frontier.
But for this reason we should cherish life to the fullest, treat others equally, and care for others.

I know your mind can leave your body.
I was in a car-accident years ago.The car was standing on it´s roof for some seconds but I never felt I was hanging uppside down.But I saw myself hanging uppside down.It was so quick and I thought my mind just making it up.Noone was hurt in the accident.

Later I read a book written by a doctor who made interviews with patients who had been close to death.Actually they would have been dead if the doctors hadn´t saved them.
THe patients could tell that their mind left their body and they could describe what the personnel was doing.
The doctor could read the journals and it was like the patients told him.
There was a patient who mentioned a detail that wasn´t in the journal but when the doctor talked to personnel who had been there they could confirm it.

I think books (Spiritism) of Chico Xavier can help. > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Xavier

This book is wonderful:

41ZmIiAqKSL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Product Description

"Nosso Lar (Portuguese for “Our Home”) is the name of the spirit colony that Andre Luiz describes in this first book of his collection. In this vibrant narrative, the author offers us his observations and discoveries regarding life in the spirit world, acting as a sort of reporter who records his own experiences. It reveals a pulsating world full of life and activity organized in exemplary fashion, and where discarnate spirits go through steps of recovery and spiritual education supervised by high order spirits. Nosso Lar enables us to see beforehand the spirit world that awaits us when we abandon the corporeal body through physical death."
http://www.amazon.com/Nosso-Lar-Acc...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289775609&sr=1-1

I have a different point of view, raised Muslim extremely religious
I have lost my father to cancer in 2006 and my mom died in 1992.
In 2009 after Michaels death, I felt the same after my fathers death sleepness nights,
weird feeling anger, just as my father died, no sleep at all until i took my usual sleeping pills.

Anyway I do not believe in a god, I have studied and watched over 20 documentaries mostly about everything from religious people to scientists
one thing stands out clearly, The Bible, The Koran, Buddhism, Hinduism, In Scandinavia there was Mythology, and I would say The Bible and The Koran and everything else
are human written made up by humans if you study it closely it do not make sense, and clearly it is from a time, where we believed in witch hunting and witch burning.

I do not believe in life after death, it is the same once your brain shut down is like
the hard driver, once is out, everything is deleted, scientifically when people get brain damaged
they wont be able to remember anything even their body movements,
the brain is the control room.
However I Get the Dawkins point of view and if you think about it Michael said it best in Earth Song too.

The Environment the nature, the trees, the fireflies, the animals
we are no different we all came from this green nature and when we die
we go back to it, when we are buried.

So life is in experience live your life to the fullest,
and just be glad that you have been apart of it.

Back