New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
From KatelovesMJ
my dad works for a radio station and he has just recived an email from the radio group network saying this monday a new michael song will be played during 8am-9am. and it is not breaking news. the title has not been comfirmed.....

dv75t.jpg

UPDATE

2010-11-15-holdmyhand.jpg

[Akon]
Ohhh...
Akon and MJ

[Michael]
Ohhh

[Akon]
Yeahhh

[Michael]
Yeahhh

This life don't last forever (hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waiting for (hold my hand)
We're Better off being together (hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (hold my hand)

[Akon]
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright.
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We hold each other till we see the sunlight

[Michael]
(So if you just)

[Michael/Akon]
Hold my hand
Baby I promise that I'll do
All I can
Things will get better if you just hold my hand
Nothing can come between us if you just hold,
hold my, hold, hold my, hooold, hold my hand.

[Michael]
(Hold my hand)

[Akon]
The nights are getting darker (hold my hand)
And there's no peace inside (hold my hand)
So why make our lives harder (hold my hand)
By fighting love, tonight. (sooooo)

[Michael/Akon]
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright (alright)
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We hold each other till we see the sunlight

So if you just hold my hand
Baby I promise that I'll do (If you just, If you just)
All I can
Things will get better if you just hold my hand (yeahh)

[Michael]
Hold my hand

[Akon]
I can tell you're tired of being lonely (yeahhh)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (hold mee)
Come to me let me be your one and only (hold my haand)
So I can make it alright til' the morning (hold my hand)

I can tell you're tired of being lonely (hold my hand)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (hold mee)
Come to me let me be your one and only (one and only)
So I can make it alright til' the morning (hold my hand)

[Michael]
Hold my hand

[Michael/Akon]
Hold my hand (yeahhh)
Baby I promise (hold my hand) that I'll do
All I can (hold my hand)
Things will get better (oohhhhoooo) if you just hold my hand (ooooo)

[Akon]
(Hold my hand)

Hold my hand (yeahh)
Baby I promise (yeahh x4)that I'll do
All I can (hold my haand)
Things will get better if you just (oohhoo) hold my hand

[Akon]
Hold my hand

Review: "Hold My Hand" (Michael Jackson and Akon)

There won't be any controversy about the vocals on this one. The only question is how long until it tops the charts. "Hold My Hand" is a simple, but powerful song that embodies so much of what fans loved about Michael Jackson. Like U2's "One" it is a "love song" that expands outward, making the personal something more profound and universal. With its catchy chorus and majestic crescendo it has all the makings of a big hit (perhaps Jackson's first #1 in the U.S. since "You Are Not Alone" in 1995).

Critics will undoubtedly point to the song's excessive flourishes and sentimentalism. Clearly, in his updated production, Akon was aiming bigger than the 2008 version that leaked online. It works, however, among other reasons, because of the context. This is a catharsis song for many listeners. And that's what the transcendent gospel-infused ending provides. There will always be a place (and need) for songs that bring people together, reminding us to love, bridge divides and connect.

Yet for all its lavishness and grandiosity, there are some nice subtle touches as well. The intro is a variation of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Jackson was an avid lover of classical music); Jackson's vocal is understated, but effective, capturing a combination of joy, yearning, and sadness. The opening lyric ("This life don't last forever...") is a poignant reminder of the transience of life.

If a song like this can't knock off the pop-lite of Kesha and Katy Perry it says far more about the state of pop music than Michael Jackson. "Hold My Hand" isn't "Man in the Mirror," but it's a nice consolation gift to fill the void of his absence.

Last edited:
Re: New MJ single this MONDAY ( not Breaking News)

Its probably Hold My Hand.

It's Carry On.

Monday new single - GREAT.

Then maybe we can focus on something else than BN.

If this much controversy is surrounding all the Cascio tracks I really hope they leave all of them out. We don't need more of this.

I wish it was Another Day...that song is gonna be killer...It needs to be the first single....

i was hoping for do you know where your children are the guitar and ovxals kick ass man it rock my socks

It's Hold My Hand :) Radio will be all over this one, I'm expecting a Top 10 hit guaranteed.

sad017.gif
idk what it is as long is its Michael.
sad017.gif

It's Hold My Hand :) Radio will be all over this one, I'm expecting a Top 10 hit guaranteed.

I don't understand why they are using a leaked song as the lead single, now I understand its proberly a slightlt different version, however surely it isnt entirely different....

Anyways we'll soon see I hope we get a brill surprise and its been reworked somewhat differently :)

I don't understand why they are using a leaked song as the lead single, now I understand its proberly a slightlt different version, however surely it isnt entirely different....

Anyways we'll soon see I hope we get a brill surprise and its been reworked somewhat differently :)

Considering that fans on different boards keep posting links to songs, there won't be a release if we had to wait for something totally unheard.

I dont think so.

If media discover that its the leaked song from 2008, other controversy and media hysteria will arouse...

Anyway, I dont think that this is the best lead single for album Michael, and for 2010/2011... regarding music.

I'm looking forward to this and hopefully this will bring a breath of fresh air to this board.

But then again, knowing some people, they are gonna be complaining about this too.

Is this version of HMH only Michael and no Akon?

I'm praying the single kicks ass on the charts. I have no doubt though.

I love Hold my Hand.

I dont think so.

If media discover that its the leaked song from 2008, other controversy and media hysteria will arouse...

Anyway, I dont think that this is the best lead single for album Michael, and for 2010/2011... regarding music.

Can you post something positive? Only one time.

hmh aint a bad song, but will it really do well on the charts?? don't get me wrong i want mj #1 but this single just doesn't cut it.

There will always be someone who complaints. But after BN and all the controversy following it, I am just glad we are getting a new song and people can calm down a bit.

Can't wait to hear MJ with a new song on the radio again. Will be great.

hmh aint a bad song, but will it really do well on the charts?? don't get me wrong i want mj #1 but this single just doesn't cut it.

EXACTLY!

I want to see MJ at no.1 at Billboard, or a UK chart in this century ... :angel: , but I completely doubt it will happen with HMH or songs like BN :fortuneteller:.
Thats all IMO. :hacker:

Please let it be Do u know where your children are P.L.E.A.S.E

So we know for sure the hmh is the first single? I thought they wanted Michael to succeed this single is more or less a ballad Michael needs to come out strong and hmh wont cut it.

Yes! :D Luckily I don't have college on Monday or Tuesday :D Can't wait!

Smooth, do you know if it's a version with more Michael vocals, or will it be the Akon/MJ duet?

I thought it had been confirmed that the HMH version on Michael would contain more MJ vocals - right ?

Smooth, do you know if it's a version with more Michael vocals, or will it be the Akon/MJ duet?

Akon himself on twitter said that it will have more Michael vocals

Q : and does the new MJ album version has more MJ vocals than the previously leaked version?

Akon answer: yes it does. Your going to love it!

Q= It's rumored that Hold My Hand will be the first single of new MJ album. did you listen to the finished version and like it?

Akon answer: yep! I can't wait!!

edit : source links

http://twitter.com/Akon/status/1060504525086720

http://twitter.com/Akon/status/1060644371566592

its not strong enough to be the first single. imo

Akon himself on twitter said that it will have more Michael vocals

Q : and does the new MJ album version has more MJ vocals than the previously leaked version?

Akon answer: yes it does. Your going to love it!

Q= It's rumored that Hold My Hand will be the first single of new MJ album. did you listen to the finished version and like it?

Akon answer: yep! I can't wait!!

edit : source links

http://twitter.com/Akon/status/1060504525086720

http://twitter.com/Akon/status/1060644371566592

Thank you :)

its not strong enough to be the first single. imo

Keep in mind the version that leaked was most likely a rough demo. More MJ vocals + improved instrumentation and higher quality is to be expected.

I am looking forward to it.

100 % Michael and not someone who tryes to sound like him - except Akon of course. :lol:

^^^

Hopefully it will. we need that.

BUT first BN - then HMH we already have. hmm

they want to capitalize on Akon's popularity while it is still as high as it is, lenny kravitz is not as popular as akon, he hasnt done anything relevant in years besides wear a dress tucked into boots lol, but who knows if akon will be popular in coming years, thats why it is being released asap

Back