"Hold My Hand" digital not available in the US & UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCollins

Proud Member
*post edited on 11/18/2010 : Hold My Hand is now up on US itunes!! You can go and buy it now :D :D :D !! *

I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I haven't been able to find any info about it. When I go on itunes or amazon, there's no listing for "Hold My Hand". I visited the itunes store for other countries, and it's there and available to download.

Does anyone know why HMH is not available for the US & UK right now?

I really want to support the song and make it #1 here, but it seems like I'm not able to get an official copy right now :/ . It seems silly to release it on the radio and then not have it available.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I haven't been able to find any info about it. When I go on itunes or amazon, there's no listing for "Hold My Hand". I visited the itunes store for other countries, and it's there and available to download.

I really want to support the song and make it #1 here, but it seems like I'm not able to get an official copy right now :/ . It seems silly to release it on the radio and then not have it available.

from what I am told the UK and the US get it tomorrow because that is when sales start for digital download so buy tonight at midnight :)

28th for the uk.I don't know for the usa.Some say tomorrow.

its not out til the 28th in the UK, this is good news though, it gives everyone 2 weeks to hear the song on radio, see adverts on the TV etc and get familiar with the song before its released. If it was released now on itunes, all us fans would buy it now and the general public probably wont start buying it for a week so the sales will be split and there will be less chance of it hitting #1 so now on the week of the 28th EVERYONE will be buying it.

On HMV.com it says available 29/11.

From what I can make out, the UK singles chart announcement is made official at 7pm on a Sunday. From there, the count is reset and new sales begin sooooo.....

I think for the UK the digital (download) sales will begin on Sunday 28th November with the physical (in a box, on the shelf) sales beginning on Monday the 29th.

The first time HMH will hit the UK charts is Sunday 5th December between 4-7pm.

with the l.o.v.e x x

I hope HMH will do great in both US and UK.

Its the 28th in the UK which is good as three major and very popular boy bands have singles out this week. This way two weeks to hear the song so extra promotion!

If people hear it on the radio and want it, but it's not available, chances are they'll find a place to download it illegally (I'm forced to right now- I'll still pay later though, but I dont' think that most non-fan people would). So I really hope they make it available on itunes starting tomorrow. It's really wierd that some countries have it, and that they haven't announced when we'll have it, and why it's not available here.

it wont be on UK itunes until the 28th, i dont get why people are complaining its completely standard procedure for songs to have a 2 week period between their release to radio to them being available for purchase.

It's still not on itunes here- must be the 28th. I'm complaining because I want it :D lol (and other countries have it available, so I'm being whiney :p ) . It's not that big of deal though ;) I will survive. I was just waiting to buy it legally and the best quality because it would be more special :) .

Does anyone have an upload link to the new version (through PM) ? I will be buying it legally when it comes out, but I'd really like to be able to have it on my mp3 player.

Last edited:
^ I guess I was wrong about the release, Sony must have pulled it at the last minute. I guess we will have to wait until next week.

Thanks for all the replies to what I said :) I prefer a CD single but might get both.

The news outlets seem to have had info that it was going to be released on Tuesday because in the US they're still reporting that HMH is for sale here "on multiple digital platforms".. even though it's not anywhere I've found.

I'm wondering why they pulled it from release here and the UK but kept it in other countries.

And once again to plea :D ... anyone want to upload it for me and send me a PM with the link? I will be buying it once it's available here, but I'd really like to have a quality version for my mp3 player today. I see it on some sites to download, but I don't trust them not to have viruses and stuff.

The news outlets seem to have had info that it was going to be released on Tuesday because in the US they're still reporting that HMH is for sale here "on multiple digital platforms".. even though it's not anywhere I've found.

I'm wondering why they pulled it from release here and the UK but kept it in other countries.

And once again to plea :D ... anyone want to upload it for me and send me a PM with the link? I will be buying it once it's available here, but I'd really like to have a quality version for my mp3 player today. I see it on some sites to download, but I don't trust them not to have viruses and stuff.

Maybe to do with not being overshadowed by the Beatles catalog which was released on itunes today?

Yay!! Thank you guys for offering me the links and all that :) . :flowers: I really appreciate it, and I am now happily listening to HMH over and over and over again.

I've been checking Amazon MP3 all day. I want this song! :]

I saw the physical singles available for pre-order at HMV, but how reliable is that? I don't want to go through the hassle, especially since it'd be an international order, for them to take it down and act like nothing happened.

If anyone is having... difficulties, send me a PM. This is only a temporary solution of course. I expect you all to pony up the dough on release day. :p

"Michael" now on UK Itunes pre-order

Just letting you guys know that "Michael" now on UK Itunes for pre-order :)

In the US, it's still not up. I guess it will be out on the 28th, but nothing official has been confirmed (it was supposed to be out here on Tuesday) that I've heard yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back