Where Is The Promo?!?

Miss_Dangerous

Proud Member
The Vision DVD box set,
The Experience DS
The Experience Wii
Hold My Hand
Michael

Surely with all of these releases, we should be getting Michael Jackson rammed down our throats?!

I've heard HMH on radio 2 a few times over the last few days and I understand that the release is still a few weeks away (in the UK) but the games and DVDs have already been released and if I hadn't been a member on here, I would know nothing about them.
Its nearly Christmas, shouldnt all these products be advertised for the Christmas market?! How can they be a success without people knowing about them? (I just asked my Mum for Vision for Christmas and she didn't have a clue what it was).
I really want 'Michael' to be a huge success so I'm really praying that Sony are holding back to hit us all with a huge promo campaign for everything MJ during December.

Any thoughts? Am I just being paranoid or should we be seeing more advertising by now?

I agree with you. There are no signs up in the stores promoting any of these products. Only fans know about them. Others might just discover the products when they're in the stores. I only saw one copy of Vision at Borders. No posters or special notice. Nothing. It's strange how Sony is putting almost nothing into all these products. I wonder why?

I take some of that back! Just been on itunes (UK) and there's a HUGE advert for Michael's album!

:D:D:D

I've seen only a TV commercial for Michael Jackson: The Experience. And that's it. But then, I don't watch TV often. So I only saw it once.

I agree about everything except for the Experience game....Just last night, I saw 5 commercials in half an hour for it! But, yes, the other stuff really need more promotion..it's a shame

I see almost every hour a promo for the WII MJ The Experience. I see more and more adds pop up for Vision. Promoting a single must be done by radio's, airtime.

Promotion for Michael will kick off when it is released, it's not common it kicks off before it is released. Just a few weeks more I guess :)

I have yet to see a TV commercial for the Experience but it sounds like I must be missing it. Glad they have one for it anyway... :)

I have yet to see a TV commercial for the Experience but it sounds like I must be missing it. Glad they have one for it anyway... :)

Literally every second commercial I saw last night during half an hour was for the Experience...Put a smile on my face! :D And I actually never watch TV...lol....I just wish there was the same type of promotion for the album.....

I don't know about the UK but here in Canada EVERY gaming store has big advertisements for Experience hanging from the ceiling plus cardboard 6 ft cutouts that are at the entrance. I've seen 2 commercials for Experience on television in the past week.

HMH is getting radio airplay all over the world and a video is about to come out in under 10 days! It's also getting press on Oprah. What more do you want?!

MICHAEL has huge ads in London UK in the underground Subway system, pics have been posted on this forum a few times now. They look great. The album is starting to have some i-tunes promotion and will also be featured on an Oprah special (HUGE publicity). What other album gets an entire episode of Oprah? The album is also 18 days away. Starting Monday Dec 6th expect to see radio advertisements and television commercials globally. Sony is also working with big retailers like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, as well as HMV to ensure the new LP has great curb appeal in the stores.

Vision is available at all music stores around the world including Wal-Mart, Amazon, and many other outlets. It's only a DVD release and these never see massive billboards or television commercials. Expect some tie-in with MICHAEL with in-store promotions. For example I know in Wal-Mart they are planning to put VISION right beside MICHAEL so that consumers can see both = increased sales.

On top of this, I have seen 3 commercials already for the Cirque shows! There have also been radio give-aways for Cirque here in Toronto the week it was announced.

They are doing fine. There's still 16-18 days left until the release of the album and promotion is always the highest the week before release and the week of. Be patient!

I don't know about the UK but here in Canada EVERY gaming store has big advertisements for Experience hanging from the ceiling plus cardboard 6 ft cutouts that are at the entrance. I've seen 2 commercials for Experience on television in the past week.

HMH is getting radio airplay all over the world and a video is about to come out in under 10 days! It's also getting press on Oprah. What more do you want?!

MICHAEL has huge ads in London UK in the underground Subway system, pics have been posted on this forum a few times now. They look great. The album is starting to have some i-tunes promotion and will also be featured on an Oprah special (HUGE publicity). What other album gets an entire episode of Oprah? The album is also 18 days away. Starting Monday Dec 6th expect to see radio advertisements and television commercials globally. Sony is also working with big retailers like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, as well as HMV to ensure the new LP has great curb appeal in the stores.

Vision is available at all music stores around the world including Wal-Mart, Amazon, and many other outlets. It's only a DVD release and these never see massive billboards or television commercials. Expect some tie-in with MICHAEL with in-store promotions. For example I know in Wal-Mart they are planning to put VISION right beside MICHAEL so that consumers can see both = increased sales.

On top of this, I have seen 3 commercials already for the Cirque shows! There have also been radio give-aways for Cirque here in Toronto the week it was announced.

They are doing fine. There's still 16-18 days left until the release of the album and promotion is always the highest the week before release and the week of. Be patient!

Thanks for the update smooth! :D ...Just a question...I thought it was only gonna be 20 mins dedicated to the album on the Oprah show? Has it changed now to the entire full show? Either way, it doesn't matter....I agree, it's HUGE promotion

Its great the album is aired on Oprah but I live in the UK... no one watches Oprah over here, and if they do, the show is broadcast months and months later on an obscure channel on SKY.

For obvious reason there are no ads for The Cirque shows over here.

Its great there are promo posters in London but London is just one City in the UK... I've seen no posters (yet).

I'm being patient, like I said in my first post, I'm hoping for a big December promo campaign... because at the moment, with current releases I have seen nothing.

In Denmark I've seen NO promotion.

Why?

Promotion for Michael should be HUGE !!!

thanks alot smooth :)

You are right Smooth.

Maybe the real promotion starts in December. And hopefully promotion will continue in january, february and march.

Michael needs HUGE promotion now MJ is not around to tour and promote it himself.

last weekend there was Michael J. weekend here on 2 radio stations, and you could win the new album in every hour

I have seen twice a commercial for the dance game and it looked fun. I don't have wii or anything like that. So I can't get it. During the Oprah interview with Katherine I saw commercials for cirque de soleil since it's coming where I live. Anything else I haven't seen. I hope once Dec hits that the momentum will build.

It's a TV-commercial here in Norway, they are showing Vision and the album! It's cool!

In Germany i see this Ad in TV Michael Jackson Experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bF4PlviGWs&feature=player_embedded

Picture taken from MJKlub. London Underground
y95nlondon.jpg

Berlin Picture taken from MJ Malibu Forum
img66720.jpg

I don't watch much live TV or listen to the radio,so I'm glad to see things are being done and there are big plans for more.

I just wish the mediums used to promote new products related to Michael around the world were chosen with care.
It's not to bring negativity to the thread that I post,but I'm very worried about what it's been said about the promotion in Italy :
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98612

It would be nice to hear from an Italian fan first hand to verify the info,but it doesn't look good :no:

If we keep comparing the promotion of this album to the HIStory campaign, we will feel the promotion is inadequate. The fact is no artist, living or dead, can commend the scale of promotion Michael Jackson had in the 80's and 90's.

How about comparing the promotion of this album to other current releases? In the US, I hardly see any TV ad for any other album release. Actually, I don't remember when was the last time I saw an ad for an album. Promotions rely heavily on the artist's show appearance, the artist's tweets and facebook updates. I guess that is part of the reason why Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are so popular. Both of them have strong young fanbase.

Don't get me wrong. MJ has a large fanbase as well. I guess Sony needs to raise the general public's awareness of this album. The Oprah show, no matter how I feel about her, is a good promo.

If we keep comparing the promotion of this album to the HIStory campaign, we will feel the promotion is inadequate. The fact is no artist, living or dead, can commend the scale of promotion Michael Jackson had in the 80's and 90's.

How about comparing the promotion of this album to other current releases? In the US, I hardly see any TV ad for any other album release. Actually, I don't remember when was the last time I saw an ad for an album. Promotions rely heavily on the artist's show appearance, the artist's tweets and facebook updates. I guess that is part of the reason why Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are so popular. Both of them have strong young fanbase.

Don't get me wrong. MJ has a large fanbase as well. I guess Sony needs to raise the general public's awareness of this album. The Oprah show, no matter how I feel about her, is a good promo.

Agree completely..I never see any other artist's album being promoted on TV...I never expected to see Mike's on TV either.....There are other ways to promote, and you're right...Oprah is, well.....Oprah....But it's HUGE promotion...and I'll take it! :D

I haven't seen any ads or commercials for Michael, Vision, or The Experience game. That's here in the Midwest USA. Haven't heard HMH on the radio.

I would think this flash mob dance in Madrid is part of the promo:

I always love to see people dancing to Michael.:yes:

Even on the michaeljackson youtube channel, the promo sucks. When I view the channel, all I get is a blank screen saying "...Vision DVD Sneak Peek.. blocked in your country.." And I can't even find the HMH song in the channel's video list. You'd have to type in search to get to it. There's just a lot of wasted opportunity for promo.

There was a MJ sign for the Michael Jackson dance experience at my local mall here in Seattle.

Back