Level
    Thanks

Default Where Is The Promo?!?

The Vision DVD box set,
    The Experience DS
    The Experience Wii
    Hold My Hand
    Michael

Surely with all of these releases, we should be getting Michael Jackson rammed down our throats?!

I've heard HMH on radio 2 a few times over the last few days and I understand that the release is still a few weeks away (in the UK) but the games and DVDs have already been released and if I hadn't been a member on here, I would know nothing about them.
    Its nearly Christmas, shouldnt all these products be advertised for the Christmas market?! How can they be a success without people knowing about them? (I just asked my Mum for Vision for Christmas and she didn't have a clue what it was).
    I really want 'Michael' to be a huge success so I'm really praying that Sony are holding back to hit us all with a huge promo campaign for everything MJ during December.

Any thoughts? Am I just being paranoid or should we be seeing more advertising by now?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 6.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Where Is The Promo?!?

I agree with you. There are no signs up in the stores promoting any of these products. Only fans know about them. Others might just discover the products when they're in the stores. I only saw one copy of Vision at Borders. No posters or special notice. Nothing. It's strange how Sony is putting almost nothing into all these products. I wonder why?

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I take some of that back! Just been on itunes (UK) and there's a HUGE advert for Michael's album!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 405 Posts

Don't forget The Experience for PSP out now

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 415 Posts

I've seen only a TV commercial for Michael Jackson: The Experience. And that's it. But then, I don't watch TV often. So I only saw it once.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

I agree about everything except for the Experience game....Just last night, I saw 5 commercials in half an hour for it! But, yes, the other stuff really need more promotion..it's a shame

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I see almost every hour a promo for the WII MJ The Experience. I see more and more adds pop up for Vision. Promoting a single must be done by radio's, airtime.

Promotion for Michael will kick off when it is released, it's not common it kicks off before it is released. Just a few weeks more I guess

Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale,
    Hold Up, Wait a Minute
    Let Me Put Some MJ In It

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofpop4ever3000 View Post
    I've seen only a TV commercial for Michael Jackson: The Experience. And that's it. But then, I don't watch TV often. So I only saw it once.
    Same here. And I have never heard HMH on any radio station, whether french or german...
    Grief is love's unwillingness to let go

Tanomë nauvan illumë, Mike. Whatever happens...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I have yet to see a TV commercial for the Experience but it sounds like I must be missing it. Glad they have one for it anyway...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Dangerous View Post
    I have yet to see a TV commercial for the Experience but it sounds like I must be missing it. Glad they have one for it anyway...
    Literally every second commercial I saw last night during half an hour was for the Experience...Put a smile on my face! And I actually never watch TV...lol....I just wish there was the same type of promotion for the album.....

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 2.8%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I don't know about the UK but here in Canada EVERY gaming store has big advertisements for Experience hanging from the ceiling plus cardboard 6 ft cutouts that are at the entrance. I've seen 2 commercials for Experience on television in the past week.

HMH is getting radio airplay all over the world and a video is about to come out in under 10 days! It's also getting press on Oprah. What more do you want?!

MICHAEL has huge ads in London UK in the underground Subway system, pics have been posted on this forum a few times now. They look great. The album is starting to have some i-tunes promotion and will also be featured on an Oprah special (HUGE publicity). What other album gets an entire episode of Oprah? The album is also 18 days away. Starting Monday Dec 6th expect to see radio advertisements and television commercials globally. Sony is also working with big retailers like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, as well as HMV to ensure the new LP has great curb appeal in the stores.

Vision is available at all music stores around the world including Wal-Mart, Amazon, and many other outlets. It's only a DVD release and these never see massive billboards or television commercials. Expect some tie-in with MICHAEL with in-store promotions. For example I know in Wal-Mart they are planning to put VISION right beside MICHAEL so that consumers can see both = increased sales.

On top of this, I have seen 3 commercials already for the Cirque shows! There have also been radio give-aways for Cirque here in Toronto the week it was announced.

They are doing fine. There's still 16-18 days left until the release of the album and promotion is always the highest the week before release and the week of. Be patient!
    Smooth_Criminal05

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smooth_criminal05 View Post
    I don't know about the UK but here in Canada EVERY gaming store has big advertisements for Experience hanging from the ceiling plus cardboard 6 ft cutouts that are at the entrance. I've seen 2 commercials for Experience on television in the past week.

HMH is getting radio airplay all over the world and a video is about to come out in under 10 days! It's also getting press on Oprah. What more do you want?!

MICHAEL has huge ads in London UK in the underground Subway system, pics have been posted on this forum a few times now. They look great. The album is starting to have some i-tunes promotion and will also be featured on an Oprah special (HUGE publicity). What other album gets an entire episode of Oprah? The album is also 18 days away. Starting Monday Dec 6th expect to see radio advertisements and television commercials globally. Sony is also working with big retailers like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, as well as HMV to ensure the new LP has great curb appeal in the stores.

Vision is available at all music stores around the world including Wal-Mart, Amazon, and many other outlets. It's only a DVD release and these never see massive billboards or television commercials. Expect some tie-in with MICHAEL with in-store promotions. For example I know in Wal-Mart they are planning to put VISION right beside MICHAEL so that consumers can see both = increased sales.

On top of this, I have seen 3 commercials already for the Cirque shows! There have also been radio give-aways for Cirque here in Toronto the week it was announced.

They are doing fine. There's still 16-18 days left until the release of the album and promotion is always the highest the week before release and the week of. Be patient!

Thanks for the update smooth! ...Just a question...I thought it was only gonna be 20 mins dedicated to the album on the Oprah show? Has it changed now to the entire full show? Either way, it doesn't matter....I agree, it's HUGE promotion

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Its great the album is aired on Oprah but I live in the UK... no one watches Oprah over here, and if they do, the show is broadcast months and months later on an obscure channel on SKY.

For obvious reason there are no ads for The Cirque shows over here.

Its great there are promo posters in London but London is just one City in the UK... I've seen no posters (yet).

I'm being patient, like I said in my first post, I'm hoping for a big December promo campaign... because at the moment, with current releases I have seen nothing.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,496 Posts

In Denmark I've seen NO promotion.

Why?

Promotion for Michael should be HUGE !!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 250 Posts

thanks alot smooth