Pre Orders through MichaelJackson.com

Driver

Proud Member
Okay, now I'm not normally one to kick up a fuss and complain, however. The day the album was announced, I pre ordered myself a physical copy straight away from the official MichaelJackson.com website. I thought the whole point of pre ordering was so that I would receive the album maybe a day or two sooner but certainly by the day of release at worst. I still haven't received the album so it seems that all that my 'pre order' was good for was making Sonys numbers looks good. Seems casual MJ fans have picked up copies whilst shopping in the supermarket, the ones that showed the most loyalty and paid the most (£15) if I remember correctly with VAT and postage have come out the worst. A simple e-mail acknowledging the fact that there has been a delay would be quite reassuring and useful, but no. I get an entirely pointless and 'rub it in your face' e-mail from them telling me the album is out NOW!

Rant mode off, and breathe :)

Have you had a dispatch email?

I know that a lot of postal services have a huge, huge backlog in the UK from the snow, some as much as 2 weeks! It might be this that has delayed your CD arriving... but if you haven't had a dispatch email, you want to be emailing the site and asking them whether it has been sent yet and if so, when.

Hope it arrives soon.

Thanks, no dispatch e-mail as of yet. Has anyone else had a dispatch e-mail? My dad is one of the managers at Royal Mail so I'll have to ask him...

I ordered from MJ.com the day the album was reveiled too. And I have heard NOTHING. ZERO.

I can't wait for my t-shirt to come. (and the album, but I already have that)

I am not impressed with this I must admit. Pre-order and recieve the album a week after it is released - that's no good!

Nor me, I have not heared zilt from MJ.com, since I bought the album in HMV, I'm going to give the album I receive from MJ.com to my Uncle who is also an MJ fan for Xmas.

So I bought 3 copies of 'Michael' now.

HMV Online
HMV - In store
MJ.com

I'll probably give away the other one to a dear friend of mine who really likes MJ.

I pre-ordered the album (and vision box set) via the site as well. It'll be the last time I order via Sony themselves. It just wasn't a good experience. I also thought I'd receive my package a little sooner, since you know, it's early pre-order, plus it's via the record label itself?

I sent emails to Sony about this problem, because while I was waiting, I saw the box-set on Amazon, for 10 dollars less and free 2-day shipping, I could've gotten it while waiting for Sony. I received both the album plus the Vision set today, but it'll be the last time I'll order anything through Sony itself. Next time I'll just use Amazon, they also have pre-order. I'm not sure if my complaint emails helped, but maybe you could follow suit.

Same here...kicking myself for ordering from the website! I did get my digital download, but the actual CD yet. Did anyone in the US get a shipping confirmation email? I haven't yet.

Same here...kicking myself for ordering from the website! I did get my digital download, but the actual CD yet. Did anyone in the US get a shipping confirmation email? I haven't yet.

I'm in the US and received the cd & shirt Monday by UPS. I hope you receive yours soon. It's strange they don't ship all pre-orders so that they can arrive early or atleast by the album release day.

Like many of you...I pre-ordered Vision and the Michael album 5 and a half weeks ago from MJ.com...I haven't received anything yet!

I ended up giving in and buying the Michael CD last Sunday from my local K-Mart store.

I Preordered in the 5 of nov for MJ.COM.
It was sent to me in the 2 of dec and didnt come.
i think it'll come today or tommorow.

haven't got it either.

they sent a download link, but it's not working lol

haven't got it either.

they sent a download link, but it's not working lol

I also recieved the download link and it's not working to me.
do you know why it happens?
someone else has it?

Still nothing today, no email and certainly no CD. I ordered on 4th November so have just sent Customer Service a very very shitty email. Lets hope they have the common decency to reply - if they do I'll share their feeble excuses here...

Same here, I have not received it yet although they have have 'only just' dispatched it :mat:

The only released I pre-ordered from MJ.com was simply because of the t-shirt. If it wasn't for that, I would have bought mine from HMV on Monday.

I'm in the US and received the cd & shirt Monday by UPS. I hope you receive yours soon. It's strange they don't ship all pre-orders so that they can arrive early or atleast by the album release day.

Thank you! Still nothing today though...

Still nothing today, no email and certainly no CD. I ordered on 4th November so have just sent Customer Service a very very shitty email. Lets hope they have the common decency to reply - if they do I'll share their feeble excuses here...

I sent an email yesterday and have not gotten a response yet. I hope you do!

i received BOTH of my copies today..

im now a very satisfied customer...

:)

-Dal

Someone else got from sony the MP3 Download link that is not working?
you did with it something?
EDIT: Yay I got today my cd!

Last edited:
received the tshirt and cd today! was a bit later than i had imagined but thought it could be due to the snow

Still waiting and still no reply from Sony, if possible I may just cancel then go out and grab my copy.

ordered mine from Amazon last week expecting it by Monday - still nothing and amazon are normally good in my experience. Maybe a ploy to get people to buy album from the shops - lol!

Im in Melbourne Australia and ordered through Sony and paid during Early November. Received my shipping confirmation email on the 3rd Dec and still have not received anything. I will wait until the 23rd Dec then I will email but with xmas I doubt to get a timely reply. I have been able to download through Sony which was also troublesome, had to download it manually from them. Painful......

Omg, I thought I was the only one. I had thought that the UPS guys probably left a note on my door and it flew away or something. I haven't received mine either.

I already have the CD (not from the site) but I want the SHIRT, badly.

Back