BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
With the Michael album just available on the shelves there are already new projects the Michael Jackson Estate is working on. One of the next projects will be the re-release of Off The wall with the help from Quincy Jones
t_mini-a.png
. The plan is for Quincy to take charge of the project.

Another project is the re-release of the Bad album and a first time official release of the Bad World Tour on DVD. This would only be done with the help of the original crew who worked with Michael in the past.

The Immortal World Tour by Cirque du Soleil will start in 2011. There might be an album featuring the soundtrack of the new Michael Jackson themed Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas. Mind you, it’s a different concept and it’s written by somebody else than the world tour.

Reports that Sony
t_mini-a.png
will release 10 albums of new material as part of their new deal with the Michael Jackson Estate have been confirmed to be false. The deal was made for 10 projects – not all of them feature never-before-released material. Part of the 10 project deal has already been released: This Is It, Vision DVD boxset and the new Michael album.

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/?p=3151

BTW TII isnt apart of the 10 project deal. That was a separate $60M deal just for TII. $250M 10 project deal includes VISION, Experience (music on game) & MICHAEL.

Re: Future MJ Projects from Estate - Bad World Tour DVD

Bad Tour on DVD :wild: :wild: :wild:

And what about Victory Tour? :(

Triumph Tour? o_O

As with any talk concerning a Bad World Tour DVD / BD Release...........

...........I'll believe it when I see it in the shops!!!!!

............But my fingers are still crossed!!!!!!!

Yeh i hope bad tour dvd will be released

oh man! please please PLEASE may it be the full bad tour 1988, and not yokohama or any concert from 87 and i dont care PLEASE DONT RELEASE BUCHAREST AGAIN!

i want the BAD tour and the HIStory tour~~~~~

This has been mentioned lots of times already so it seems pretty likely to be true.

The article is wrong about "This is It" not being part of the 10 project deal, it was included.

This has been mentioned lots of times already so it seems pretty likely to be true.

The article is wrong about "This is It" not being part of the 10 project deal, it was included.
That last part wasnt in the article and its not wrong, Estate were shopping TII around and higher offers yet they went with Sony for $60M. TII was released in October.

Later, in March 2010, Sony & Estate signed a $250M for 10 projects (not albums) which have included VISION, Experience (due to the long list of MJ songs on it) & MICHAEL. 7 projects left - OTW = 6 projects.

Sony chewing through the projects quick. Years to go yet.

OK, well I believe this WSJ article:

The deal retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It," plus a range of other releases, some of which have been mapped out, with others to be determined later. An album of previously unreleased songs is likely to hit stores before the end of this year, and another collection is due out later. The deal is also likely to cover expanded reissues of Mr. Jackson's albums "Off the Wall" and "Bad," as well as collections of remixes. A DVD of all of Mr. Jackson's music videos is likely to be created at some point.

Hope for that Bluray enstead the DVD for me, and i hope that includes SC in MSG March 5th

I'm pretty sure the TII album was apart of the Sony deal, I might be wrong though. But that's what was reported at the time.

So if the TII soundtrack is included, then it goes...

1. This Is It soundtrack
2. Vision
3. The Experience
4. Michael
5. Cirque Du Soleil soundtrack
6. Off the Wall re-release
7. Bad re-release
8. Bad Tour DVD
9. ???
10. ???

I hate it, but I can't help but feel this is gonna be Yokohama.........though I do like the sound of "Bad WORLD Tour"...........but it better be not just an official release of a documentary about the whole thing with just clips of the music.

PLEASE let the powers that be make the right decision with this. It isn't all that hard.

1. This Is It soundtrack
2. Vision
3. The Experience
4. Michael
7. Bad re-release
8. Bad Tour DVD
9. ???
10. ???

At least, one will be a new album. From what's been said, it can be assumed the other will be a duets album.

It makes sense that they would choose a later show if they can, as opposed to an '87 show like Yokohama. During the second leg, he performed more hits and recognizable songs for the general public. The 1st leg had a lot of Jacksons stuff and less MJ songs.

Yes, lets hope they don't go cheap and put ot the Yokohama version as they did with Dangerous Bucharest.
Another re-release of Off the Wall and Bad?!?!? I've always bought theme before but now I'm just gonna say no thanks.

1. This Is It soundtrack
2. Vision
3. The Experience
4. Michael
7. Bad re-release
8. Bad Tour DVD
9. ???
10. ???

+ 2 albums of unreleased material

They arent going to go with Yokohama.

They'd go for one with a better set list, which is of course the 2nd leg.

I'm sure they would end up mixing the DVD with clips from several concerts like they did with Bucharest.

1. This Is It soundtrack
2. Vision
3. The Experience
4. Michael
7. Bad re-release
8. Bad Tour DVD
9. ???
10. ???

i think the dvd comes along with the reissue of bad...

It better be Bad tour 1988.

Sony's ten part deal with The Michael Jackson Estate shocked everyone, especially close friends who said at the time there was not enough material for five albums, let alone ten.

The fact of the matter is, the deal was for ten PROJECTS and n...ot ten albums.

“This Is It,” “Vision” and “Michael” are all part of that deal, that leaves seven more projects. The next project will be a remaster of “Off the Wall” with the help of none other than Quincy Jones. The Estate say the plan is for Quincy to take charge of the project, which will include some never-before-heard outtakes.

More excitingly, another project will include a remaster of “Bad,” the album will include the first official release of Michael's BAD TOUR!

The fans have demanded it and Sony, along with The Estate have taken action. No dates have been confirmed and will most likely not be for quite some time.

This information comes from John Branca, whilst in New York MJNEWSALERTS got the chance to meet him personally.
Posted on 16 Dec 2010 by Kyle

mjnewsalerts.com

Re: Bad tour dvd coming!

That is awesome! I can't wait! But when they say 'Bad Tour' ...exactly what will we be getting? what shows?

Awesssooomeee!!!!! Hope It Will Come To Summer!!!!!!!!!!! :D

additionally... "The Bad tour will be released on DVD in 2012. Two of the WEMBLEY shows were recorded in HQ which is perfect for a DVD release. Sony and the estate are in the process of acquiring the master copies right now, they are very confident they will have them soon."

Oh...my...god....

Where's Kermit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back