Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1123

Thread: Monster - The Great Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

   
  1. #16
    Points: 57,582, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,014
    Points
    57,582
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by kopwatcher View Post
    Some people are saying this is the best MJ song recorded in the last 10 years.

    Do you laugh or do you cry?
    neither.....you do this:



  2. #17
    Points: 56,278, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,270
    Points
    56,278
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,129
    Thanked 8,232 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    It's sad that this song is being released as a single. I will not be supporting this

    Sorry but i won't support it just so the name Michael Jackson will get to number 1

  3. #18
    Points: 4,444, Level: 42
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,901
    Points
    4,444
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    It's cool, the general public is enough support for the song.
    <3 !

  4. #19
    mariemarie
    Guest

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    I'm absolutely hooked on this song, it works great in the general public, easy and dancing. Play it loud!!!! My neighbours been hearing it quite sometimes already, ahh, I love the beat.

  5. #20
    Points: 57,582, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,014
    Points
    57,582
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    It's sad that this song is being released as a single. I will not be supporting this

    Sorry but i won't support it just so the name Michael Jackson will get to number 1
    Exactly...he doesn't need another number one...I won't be supporting it either....Regardless if it's Mike or not, this song is way too overproduced in my ears, and doesn't sound enough like Michael to me....


  6. #21
    Points: 704, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    263
    Points
    704
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    This is one of my all time favorite Michael Jackson songs. I love it.

  7. #22
    Points: 704, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    263
    Points
    704
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Arklove View Post
    Exactly...he doesn't need another number one...I won't be supporting it either....Regardless if it's Mike or not, this song is way too overproduced in my ears, and doesn't sound enough like Michael to me....
    This song has a different flavor. It's supposed to sound heavily produced. It's not as good as MJ's classic MJ, but hey he wanted to expand and do something different.

    I don't know why people are still doubting it's MJ. The computer's proved for a fact it was MJ. Everybody knows now. It's out in the open. These songs are MJ.

    Mj's vocal abilities are not as limited as some fans here would believe.

  8. #23
    Points: 57,582, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,014
    Points
    57,582
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonMan View Post
    This song has a different flavor. It's supposed to sound heavily produced. It's not as good as MJ's classic MJ, but hey he wanted to expand and do something different.

    I don't know why people are still doubting it's MJ. The computer's proved for a fact it was MJ. Everybody knows now. It's out in the open. These songs are MJ.

    Mj's vocal abilities are not as limited as some fans here would believe.
    Ok, I don't agree with you...but whatever you say....


  9. #24
    Points: 2,492, Level: 30
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    BabeBeMine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    307
    Points
    2,492
    Level
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by kopwatcher View Post
    Some people are saying this is the best MJ song recorded in the last 10 years.

    Do you laugh or do you cry?
    When it comes to a CLUB BANGER and a track that non fans will like, then yes its one of MJ's best songs in years. MJ has not had a great club dance track in years.

    The beat destroys 2001 Unbreakable and all of the faster tracks on invincible

  10. #25
    Points: 3,432, Level: 36
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    763
    Points
    3,432
    Level
    36
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 103 Times in 44 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    OK, that's it, I'm off for a cry.

  11. #26
    Points: 57,582, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,014
    Points
    57,582
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by kopwatcher View Post
    OK, that's it, I'm off for a cry.
    Wait! I'll join you......


  12. #27
    Points: 3,510, Level: 37
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    774
    Points
    3,510
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by BabeBeMine View Post

    The beat destroys 2001 Unbreakable and all of the faster tracks on invincible
    I wouldn't go so far but it's true that "Monster" is perfect : ambitious and mainstream at the same time.

    do you have any inside information about the studio footage of the song ?

  13. #28
    Points: 15,493, Level: 80
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Posts
    4,700
    Points
    15,493
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    586
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 654 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonMan View Post
    This song has a different flavor. It's supposed to sound heavily produced. It's not as good as MJ's classic MJ, but hey he wanted to expand and do something different.

    I don't know why people are still doubting it's MJ. The computer's proved for a fact it was MJ. Everybody knows now. It's out in the open. These songs are MJ.

    Mj's vocal abilities are not as limited as some fans here would believe.
    Yup. This song does have a different flavor - very autotuned... Michael's vocal abilities are totally taken away by the production.

    The depth, richness and power of Michael's voice are striped away. My opinion still hasn't changed. The voice in the first verse is thin. The power that we hear from Michael in this type of song is absent.

    Monster is catchy and has a danceable beat. But, the vocal qualtiy and lyrics of this song are weak.

    Whenever Best of Joy starts after Monster, I feel I'm back to heaven. Michael's beatiful voice is carassing my ears again.

  14. #29
    Points: 57,582, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,014
    Points
    57,582
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,314 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by love is magical View Post
    Yup. This song does have a different flavor - very autotuned... Michael's vocal abilities are totally taken away by the production.

    The depth, richness and power of Michael's voice are striped away. My opinion still hasn't changed. The voice in the first verse is thin. The power that we hear from Michael in this type of song is absent.

    Monster is catchy and has a danceable beat. But, the vocal qualtiy and lyrics of this song are weak.

    Whenever Best of Joy starts after Monster, I feel I'm back to heaven. Michael's beatiful voice is carassing my ears again.
    Yes, THIS is what i feel as well.....I'm glad someone understands

    :smilerolleyes:


  15. #30
    Points: 15,493, Level: 80
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Posts
    4,700
    Points
    15,493
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    586
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 654 Posts

    Default Re: Monster - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by BabeBeMine View Post
    When it comes to a CLUB BANGER and a track that non fans will like, then yes its one of MJ's best songs in years. MJ has not had a great club dance track in years.

    The beat destroys 2001 Unbreakable and all of the faster tracks on invincible
    Better than Threatened? :bugeyed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •