Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJC News

Guests
This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Keep Your Head Up"

The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course,

If you do not agree with those wish to discuss in this manner then please do not come here to read and respond.

Edited Thread title and description disclaimer:

Members coming into this thread you do so at you own responsibility, if you do not like the tone or what is being said here then you are duly asked to steer clear of this thread, as of now we will not accept any responsibility should members complain about what is written or if debates get out of hand. again it is your own responsibility as to whether you come in here and what your participation might be.

Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Keep Your Head Up"

Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course,

If you do not agree with those wish to discuss in this manner then please do not come here to read and respond.

If anyone was fooled by the beats and the staccato singing in Breaking News and, to a degree, Monster, once they heard Keep Your Head Up they should have realised that the con was in.

To claim that the vocalist on Keep Your Head Up is the same man that sings Keep The Faith is a complete abomination. A COMPLETE abomination. That the great, soulful, gospel tinged vocalist of Keep The Faith could descend to singing so meekly and limply in Keep Your Head Up is beyond my comprehension.

'She works in a restaurant night and day...' - from a man who has just been contemplating life behind bars? Absolutely despicable.

Keep your head up=fake MJ vocals (just as the rest of the Cascio tracks)

To claim that the vocalist on Keep Your Head Up is the same man that sings Keep The Faith is a complete abomination. A COMPLETE abomination. That the great, soulful, gospel tinged vocalist of Keep The Faith could descend to singing so meekly and limply in Keep Your Head Up is beyond my comprehension.

Very true.....

I'm hearing MJ in this song just until second 44.
after that I hear an "Wannabe" and not the real king of pop.

Whoah! I'm still shocked people doubt this song. I honestly can imagine and hear the weird things in BN in Monster (which doesn't lead me to conclude they are fake, but albeit they sound different, yes), but this song is so purely Michael to me. I can't fault it in any way. I think this is beautifully sung actually. A very Michaelish song, in lyrics, singing style, just the overall sweetness that's in it.

Whoah! I'm still shocked people doubt this song. I honestly can imagine and hear the weird things in BN in Monster (which doesn't lead me to conclude they are fake, but albeit they sound different, yes), but this song is so purely Michael to me. I can't fault it in any way. I think this is beautifully sung actually. A very Michaelish song, in lyrics, singing style, just the overall sweetness that's in it.

This doesn't make you raise your eyebrows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCm5aUbaQwE

ps. It sounds NOTHING like a Michael Jackson song to me. Just a disgusting attempt at making one.

^I just watched that vid, but All I need is officially not a Malachi song, is it? So it isn't really a great comparison I think.
That Malachi fellow is a very elusive creature by the way.

Please do not double post guys. :)

Also remember, this is a debate thread, not a bash other people's opnions thread.

Thanks!

I thought like you, but after I heard the vibrato I can tell it is not Mike.
the vibrato in this song is very annoying and not simillar to the vibrato on other MJ's songs.

^I just watched that vid, but All I need is officially not a Malachi song, is it? So it isn't really a great comparison I think.

No, All I Need is supposedly a Michael Jackson song:
http://bit.ly/c2VmQb

Keep Your Head Up... not convincing to me. Just a weird song.

All I Need is one of The Cascio tracks by "Michael Jackson" (How I know? It's the same singer, duh). It's supposibly the same singer in KYHU and All I Need. So I guess, if you believe All I Need is MJ, then KYHU must be MJ as well.

I thought like you, but after I heard the vibrato I can tell it is not Mike.
the vibrato in this song is very annoying and not simillar to the vibrato on other MJ's songs.

This was mentioned before and I tried to hear it, but honestly only with very much effort I can hear a slight difference, and I really really have to look hard for it. If I would dissect a song like Hollywood Tonight in the same manner I would have to assume it was fake as well. Which leads me to believe we are driving each other crazy here and eventually you will hear what the fake consensus would want you to believe. Also I wonder, isn't it possible to play around with your habitual vibrato and change it up a little bit for a particular sound or song? Just wondering...

All I Need is one of The Cascio tracks by "Michael Jackson" (How I know? It's the same singer, duh). It's supposibly the same singer in KYHU and All I Need. So I guess, if you believe All I Need is MJ, then KYHU must be MJ as well.

Either way this is reasoning in a cycle, so I think the comparison video is invalid as you have to assume fraud in the first place to be convinced that one particular song (KYHU) is fraudulent. This 'proof' is thus not convincing.

If I listen to KYHU, then MTS or Best of Joy, I'd be fooling myself to believe it's the same person....I never once thought KYHU sounded anything like the Mike I hear in his other ballads....

This was mentioned before and I tried to hear it, but honestly only with very much effort I can hear a slight difference, and I really really have to look hard for it. If I would dissect a song like Hollywood Tonight in the same manner I would have to assume it was fake as well. Which leads me to believe we are driving each other crazy here and eventually you will hear what the fake consensus would want you to believe. Also I wonder, isn't it possible to play around with your habitual vibrato and change it up a little bit for a particular sound or song? Just wondering...

non-fans thinks Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy are fake, so there we are. Non-fans don't know which songs are supposedly fake, so they go look for it, and since they have to find it, they pick whatever of all the ten songs. Crazy times =)

non-fans thinks Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy are fake, so there we are. Non-fans don't know which songs are supposedly fake, so they go look for it, and since they have to find it, they pick whatever of all the ten songs. Crazy times =)

Indeed. The fact that people randomly assume the wrong tracks to fake does show that one starts hearing stuff when told beforehand that the songs are fishy. Also it could be an indication that the reason songs are misheard as not Michael's in the first place is not them being all fakes, but just simply overproduction, which has happened to more tracks than just the controversial three.

But why would they change the vibrato if they had a perfect one, such as Mike's?

But why would they change the vibrato if they had a perfect one, such as Mike's?

Well, we don't know if 'they' changed it, or maybe Michael himself. I'm no musical expert but this is what Wiki says about the use of vibrato in pop music:

In pop
In pop music, the effect is heard in some singers. In the case of some pop balladists, the vibrato can be so wide as to constitute a pronounced wobble, although not as pronounced as that present in some badly trained or over-worked operatic voices. Many singers use the vocoder in which the effect can be reduced or eliminated.

How can you make a thread titled the great debate and then say people who are on the opposite side of the argument are not allowed to post in here?

3/4 of this song is painful to listen to.

The vocals sound totally out of tune with the music to me, as well as the forced vibrato at the end of EVERY SINGLE line.

I do doubt this song most out of the 3 Cascio tracks. The only Cascio track I doubt more is All I Need.

I think Teddy (don't quote me on that :p ) mentioned that he 'needed' to speed up Michael's vocals (and autotune them :/ ).. which caused the vibrato to sound creepy like it does.

I have proof that this track is all MJ

But to keep it simple....Listen right now to the Chorus ONLY

If you can't hear MJ right there, than you were never a MJ fan

BabyBeMine, do you not realize these 3 threads are not a debate about real vs. fake? They're here ONLY for the people who believe the tracks are not 100% MJ. Why do you keep posting in all of them?

I think the title of these threads needs to be more clear. It seems to be attracting people who want to debate people of the other opinion.

This doesn't make you raise your eyebrows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCm5aUbaQwE

Yeah those two are definitely the same singer... and they are both MICHAEL JACKSON, All I Need is an MJ track that leaked with Blue Gangsta, as i have always said, people hear what they wanna hear, if you go in with a pre-conceived notion your going to cloud your own judgment.

There is only one word for this post... FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back