Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 417

Thread: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

   

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    MJJC News
    Guest

    Default Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

    This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Keep Your Head Up"

    The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

    Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course,

    If you do not agree with those wish to discuss in this manner then please do not come here to read and respond.

    Edited Thread title and description disclaimer:

    Members coming into this thread you do so at you own responsibility, if you do not like the tone or what is being said here then you are duly asked to steer clear of this thread, as of now we will not accept any responsibility should members complain about what is written or if debates get out of hand. again it is your own responsibility as to whether you come in here and what your participation might be.

  2. #2
    Points: 4,276, Level: 41
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,652
    Points
    4,276
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by MJJC News View Post
    This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Keep Your Head Up"

    The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

    Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course,

    If you do not agree with those wish to discuss in this manner then please do not come here to read and respond.
    If anyone was fooled by the beats and the staccato singing in Breaking News and, to a degree, Monster, once they heard Keep Your Head Up they should have realised that the con was in.

    To claim that the vocalist on Keep Your Head Up is the same man that sings Keep The Faith is a complete abomination. A COMPLETE abomination. That the great, soulful, gospel tinged vocalist of Keep The Faith could descend to singing so meekly and limply in Keep Your Head Up is beyond my comprehension.

    'She works in a restaurant night and day...' - from a man who has just been contemplating life behind bars? Absolutely despicable.

  3. #3
    Points: 58,130, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,066
    Points
    58,130
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by samhabib View Post

    To claim that the vocalist on Keep Your Head Up is the same man that sings Keep The Faith is a complete abomination. A COMPLETE abomination. That the great, soulful, gospel tinged vocalist of Keep The Faith could descend to singing so meekly and limply in Keep Your Head Up is beyond my comprehension.
    Very true.....


  4. #4
    barok232
    Guest

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Keep your head up=fake MJ vocals (just as the rest of the Cascio tracks)

  5. #5
    Points: 5,699, Level: 48
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    168
    Points
    5,699
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    I'm hearing MJ in this song just until second 44.
    after that I hear an "Wannabe" and not the real king of pop.

  6. #6
    Points: 4,847, Level: 44
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    989
    Points
    4,847
    Level
    44
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 39 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Whoah! I'm still shocked people doubt this song. I honestly can imagine and hear the weird things in BN in Monster (which doesn't lead me to conclude they are fake, but albeit they sound different, yes), but this song is so purely Michael to me. I can't fault it in any way. I think this is beautifully sung actually. A very Michaelish song, in lyrics, singing style, just the overall sweetness that's in it.
    ~ Michael, you will always inspire me ~

  7. #7
    Points: 4,276, Level: 41
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,652
    Points
    4,276
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosje View Post
    Whoah! I'm still shocked people doubt this song. I honestly can imagine and hear the weird things in BN in Monster (which doesn't lead me to conclude they are fake, but albeit they sound different, yes), but this song is so purely Michael to me. I can't fault it in any way. I think this is beautifully sung actually. A very Michaelish song, in lyrics, singing style, just the overall sweetness that's in it.
    This doesn't make you raise your eyebrows?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCm5aUbaQwE

  8. #8
    Points: 4,276, Level: 41
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,652
    Points
    4,276
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    ps. It sounds NOTHING like a Michael Jackson song to me. Just a disgusting attempt at making one.

  9. #9
    Points: 7,608, Level: 58
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A Place With No Name, Australia
    Posts
    436
    Points
    7,608
    Level
    58
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 118 Times in 49 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by samhabib View Post
    This doesn't make you raise your eyebrows?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCm5aUbaQwE
    Yeah those two are definitely the same singer... and they are both MICHAEL JACKSON, All I Need is an MJ track that leaked with Blue Gangsta, as i have always said, people hear what they wanna hear, if you go in with a pre-conceived notion your going to cloud your own judgment.

    There is only one word for this post... FAIL


    ​THE KINGS!

  10. #10
    Points: 5,699, Level: 48
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    168
    Points
    5,699
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosje View Post
    Whoah! I'm still shocked people doubt this song. I honestly can imagine and hear the weird things in BN in Monster (which doesn't lead me to conclude they are fake, but albeit they sound different, yes), but this song is so purely Michael to me. I can't fault it in any way. I think this is beautifully sung actually. A very Michaelish song, in lyrics, singing style, just the overall sweetness that's in it.
    I thought like you, but after I heard the vibrato I can tell it is not Mike.
    the vibrato in this song is very annoying and not simillar to the vibrato on other MJ's songs.

  11. #11
    Points: 4,847, Level: 44
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    989
    Points
    4,847
    Level
    44
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 39 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Mj4ever23 View Post
    I thought like you, but after I heard the vibrato I can tell it is not Mike.
    the vibrato in this song is very annoying and not simillar to the vibrato on other MJ's songs.
    This was mentioned before and I tried to hear it, but honestly only with very much effort I can hear a slight difference, and I really really have to look hard for it. If I would dissect a song like Hollywood Tonight in the same manner I would have to assume it was fake as well. Which leads me to believe we are driving each other crazy here and eventually you will hear what the fake consensus would want you to believe. Also I wonder, isn't it possible to play around with your habitual vibrato and change it up a little bit for a particular sound or song? Just wondering...
    ~ Michael, you will always inspire me ~

  12. #12
    mariemarie
    Guest

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosje View Post
    This was mentioned before and I tried to hear it, but honestly only with very much effort I can hear a slight difference, and I really really have to look hard for it. If I would dissect a song like Hollywood Tonight in the same manner I would have to assume it was fake as well. Which leads me to believe we are driving each other crazy here and eventually you will hear what the fake consensus would want you to believe. Also I wonder, isn't it possible to play around with your habitual vibrato and change it up a little bit for a particular sound or song? Just wondering...
    non-fans thinks Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy are fake, so there we are. Non-fans don't know which songs are supposedly fake, so they go look for it, and since they have to find it, they pick whatever of all the ten songs. Crazy times =)

  13. #13
    Points: 4,847, Level: 44
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    989
    Points
    4,847
    Level
    44
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 39 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by mariemarie View Post
    non-fans thinks Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy are fake, so there we are. Non-fans don't know which songs are supposedly fake, so they go look for it, and since they have to find it, they pick whatever of all the ten songs. Crazy times =)
    Indeed. The fact that people randomly assume the wrong tracks to fake does show that one starts hearing stuff when told beforehand that the songs are fishy. Also it could be an indication that the reason songs are misheard as not Michael's in the first place is not them being all fakes, but just simply overproduction, which has happened to more tracks than just the controversial three.
    ~ Michael, you will always inspire me ~

  14. #14
    Points: 5,699, Level: 48
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    168
    Points
    5,699
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosje View Post
    This was mentioned before and I tried to hear it, but honestly only with very much effort I can hear a slight difference, and I really really have to look hard for it. If I would dissect a song like Hollywood Tonight in the same manner I would have to assume it was fake as well. Which leads me to believe we are driving each other crazy here and eventually you will hear what the fake consensus would want you to believe. Also I wonder, isn't it possible to play around with your habitual vibrato and change it up a little bit for a particular sound or song? Just wondering...
    But why would they change the vibrato if they had a perfect one, such as Mike's?

  15. #15
    Points: 58,130, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,066
    Points
    58,130
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    5,433
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,315 Posts

    Default Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Mj4ever23 View Post
    But why would they change the vibrato if they had a perfect one, such as Mike's?
    Exactly...and ultimately making it sound WORSE and FORCED


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •