Page 1 of 2168 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael - The Great Album Debate

MJJC News

Default Michael - The Great Album Debate

This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity and thier opinions of the Album "Michael"

Lets dissect analyse and make our feelings and concerns known - In a respectful manner of course.

This thread is open for discussion pro or con (believer or doubter) to tackle the topic not each other.

Description disclaimer:
    Members coming into this thread you do so at you own responsibility, if you do not like the tone or what is being said here then you are duly asked to steer clear of this thread and do not post in the thread that you don't approve of this topic being discussed on MJJC or insult our members who are discussing it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJJC News For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate

I really don't understand why on earth they have to add the 3 Cascio tracks when they had other great songs and when they included at least 2 songs we already knew (HMH and ILTWYLM). ANd though HMH is sweet and beutiful, let's agree it's far from classic MJ and it is certainly not strong enough to be a first single. I haven't seen the note of MJ about this for first single yet, I thought I would be in the album booklet....:mello:

But there are great songs such as Best of Joy, Much too Soon, Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask. The version of ILTWYLM is amazing, I really love it and the intro is just too emotional

But the mark of the C tracks is still there. I guess this was some kind of experiment for the Estate and Sony. They better learn their lesson and they better do it fast.

In my very personal opinion, and please take is just as that, I would have love having the real MJ tracks as he left them. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I miss the days when sayin' "Who's Baaddd?" was good and when it was all about your music and me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PCR For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PCR View Post
    In my very personal opinion, and please take is just as that, I would have love having the real MJ tracks as he left them.
    Agreed 100000%!
    Last edited by Graf; 20-12-2010 at 12:58 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graf For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

My main issue with the album is that it, obviously, didn't have Michael's creative input into it, so therefore it's not had the deep thought process into putting the tracks into it.

I can't believe Michael would have chosen half the tracks on this, but then again I've heard some fans say the borderline similarities to Invincible (Monster reminds me of Threatened) are proof he's alive and pulling the strings from somewhere. Breaking News' intro is a direct copy (almost) of Tabloid Junkie's (from History obviously) intro too, that really leapt out at me.

Can't win ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WeegieMac For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I didn't buy the album because I'm so bothered that they would change Michael's voice with processing- it's so unneccessary. And I don't know how much Porte's voice is added, but I really don't like how they weren't up front about it. And there was absolutely no need to mess with TWYLM- Michael was HERE when the first version was released.

The rest of the songs seem to have awesome vocals, but it's just hard for me to get on with the uncreative and electronic music they've put behind the songs. The music all sounds similar.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Unfortunately, putting out an album in 2010 with completed songs from the 90's wouldn't be very profitable for Sony or the Estate, for that matter. So I can understand why certain songs was added and why they did what they did to them. And ILTWYLM is infinitely better than the one that was released before, in my opinion of course. I think all the songs are sung by Michael, I know some of them have background vocalists, which are credited in the booklet, and I think in terms of a 2010 album release, it's one of the best all year. I'd also say it's better than BAD, for my own reasons.
    <3 !

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

AnnieAreYouOk,
    You were really respectful with your post and there's nothing wrong with what you said, but this thread was created for those of us who wish to talk about how we are dissappointed by the album and don't believe it's 100% MJ on it.

[QUOTE=MJJC News;3145689]
    There will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this album.
    QUOTE]

I wouldn't normally point that out because your post wasn't harmful at all, but this whole forum has just been revamped and the staff and members have put a lot of work into coming up with a solution.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I think this album was a huge letdown, authentic and enjoyable songs sandwiched between downright terrible music and vocals. Authenticity aside, profits were put far, far ahead of artistry. I think the songs exist to where they could have easily created something far more cohesive and enjoyable for both fans and casual listeners alike. Couple it with a DVD with exclusive footage, interviews with the producers, etc.

Instead, it's a random collection of songs from different eras with some of the vocals so bad that even longtime fans are in disagreement about who they're listening to.

Some of the songs on the album I rate quite highly. But as an album - as a collection, I think it would've taken very little effort to create something much better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Superstition For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im all logic and nothing else... so lets dissect this.
    It seems there is a Jackson side and a Sony side, and its all based on who we believe.
    Some say Sony's lying
    Some say the Jacksons are lying
    Others say we can't trust either.
    Heres my analysis.

Sony have signed a $250,000,000 contract to release 10 albums of unreleased material as well as an extension to their distribution rights to December 2017. Unfortunately this came at a price, the estate owns the songs and only gives Sony what THEY want released. Sony wanted an album of music from 2001-2009 but were given songs from all over the place, it was during the latter part of the production that the Cascio's gave Sony 5 of their stash of 11 songs that Michael recorded with them in 2007 (All I Need and Carry On being the other two) and Sony replaced a few songs intended for release with 3 Cascio tracks.
    And THAT is why Michael has only 10 songs, it is also the reason the 3 Cascio tracks were edited and included in the album, without BN and Monster the album would have only had 2 songs that were upbeat, and hence the need to make the raw demos production quality

​THE KINGS!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

The deal is for 10 projects, not 10 albums. This includes re-issues, DVDs, etc.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Superstition For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I have gotten the album this past Wednesday in the mail. But I am so wishing even before I had gotten it that I didn't pre order the album. I still have yet to open the package that the album came in. But now I kind of now want to send the album back to Amazon.com. I never would thought I will feel this way about an MJ album before. I am sure the actual MJ songs on it are great to listen to I really L.O.V.E. Hollywood Tonight and Another Day. But this album is just like my This Is It cd that I only ever listen to it once. And that was on Christmas day of last year when I had gotten it as a Christmas present. I still just find it hard to listen to an MJ album that came out after what had happen to him. :sad:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

This album is nowhere near worthy of being an official MJ album. It shouldn't have been put out in this manner. The three Cascio tracks are a joke, authentic or not. MJ wouldn't have liked this album. I wouldn't too if it was an album attributed to me. It adds absolutely nothing to Michael.
    Thank you for everything Mr. Jackson.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

^I disagree. It's a really nice collection of songs, some are brilliant.
    ~ Michael, you will always inspire me ~

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roosje For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

At the end of the day, the question is, is this an album Michael would be comfortable with? The obvious answer is, no. While I do think it's a great album, and I enjoy it more out of only one of his album releases, the most bothersome thing is, it's not what Michael would do. I really wish he were still here to grace these songs and put the final touches on them like he would normally do (regarding the 3 Cascio recordings, authenticity aside). Sadly, it can't be that way, that's what hurts so much, I love this record, but I think with all that's transpired, it's really hard getting past the fact that he's no longer here to work this stuff out himself. I don't blame The Estate, and I don't blame Sony, because only Michael would know himself more than any other individual, I just wish this could have been released in a more happier setting, so to speak. I really wish this didn't even have to be a discussion within the community, this shouldn't be happening, he should be here, and we should be celebrating this album the right way.
    Last edited by AnnieRUOkay89; 20-12-2010 at 08:00 AM.
    <3 !

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnnieRUOkay89 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

^It's not an album that Michael has finished so in that sense I agree with you, but in his will he obviously made posthumous releases a possibility by not adressing the subject. I think the Estate has done considerably well putting this album together, for as much as they could without Michael. It's a solid album with some true gems.
    ~ Michael, you will always inspire me ~

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Roosje For This Useful Post: