29 August 2008 ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL JACKSON!!!~

mello1

Proud Member
50thBirthday.gif

HappyBirthdayMike.jpg

Michael Jackson: 'I Feel ... Very Young' at 50

Speaks Exclusively to 'GMA' About His Past, His Future, His Dreams for His Children

By CHRIS CONNOLLY and MICHAEL S. JAMES
Aug. 28, 2008

He first became a star as a young boy, then endured superstardom, scandals and a legal prosecution, but as he turns 50, Michael Jackson told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview, he is "having a wonderful time, just relaxing."

Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was barely audible, Jackson said he was listening to James Brown and preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, when he will "just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons" -- before he gets right back to work.

Watch "Good Morning America" Friday at 7 a.m. ET for more on this exclusive interview.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackson/story?id=5680705&page=1

At 50, what’s left for Michael Jackson?

It’s time for the pop star to come out of seclusion and start making music

COMMENTARY
By Michael Ventre

MSNBC

updated 2:07 p.m. CT, Thurs., Aug. 28, 2008 function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633555472630430000');

Michael Jackson turns 50 on Friday. What do you get for the man who has everything, including a killer discography, a couple of sexual assault accusations, at least one white glove, a sprawling ranch teetering on foreclosure, a family that can only be described as indescribable, and a button nose that often looks unbuttoned?

Reaching The Big Five-Oh is a profound event in every life. But for Michael, it represents a fork in his moonwalking path. One direction will take him to his own personal neverland, as in never be seen or heard from again. The other will lead him back to stardom and his rightful place atop the pop throne.

Which way will he go? Now that he’s 50, will he make it to 60? And what will he be like if he does?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26430706/

NEW YORK DECLARES MICHAEL JACKSON DAY

A New York politician has declared 23 August (08) as Michael Jackson Day - in honour of the star's 50th birthday and the 25th anniversary of his groundbreaking THRILLER album.

Marty Markowitz made the announcement at a party to mark the milestone last Saturday (23Aug08).

Hundreds of Jackson fans gathered at the Caribbean Cultural Center in Manhattan to toast the King of Pop's 50th birthday.

A planned appearance by legendary Motown Records founder Berry Gordy - the man who launched Jackson's career - fell through.

But crime writer Aphrodite Jones attended, and signed copies of her book Michael Jackson Conspiracy, which examines the media's coverage of Jackson's child abuse trial.

And Brooklyn Borough President Markowitz crowned the day with his historic announcement.

Event organiser Reva Thomas says, "He wrote a proclamation declaring Saturday August 23, 2008, Michael 'King Of Pop' Jackson 50th Birthday and Thriller 25 Celebration Day. It was a fantastic evening."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/new york declares michael jackson day_1078785

Is Michael Ready To Hit The Stage Again, Icon In Talks For VMA Show

(take it as speculation, for what it's worth...)

Michael Jackson is rumored to be negotiating an appearance at this year's MTV Video Music Awards according to recent reports.

The icon who turns 50 Friday, may be on the fast track to a comeback according to sources close to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards which are slated to take place September 7th.

Although details surrounding the icon's appearance have yet to be confirmed by MTV, Jackson is reportedly in talks to present an award with his sister Janet at the ceremony instead of hitting the stage as some outlets have reported.

http://www.singersroom.com/news/entertainment-story-2218.asp

Happy B-day Michael, with yo fine a$$ self, ya dig :punk:

AND GO 'HEAD NEW YORK! It is a blessed day, indeed. Never thought it would happen, but it did.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL..You are looking good!!:D I Love you!! :holiday:

HAPPY 50th MJ!!! :wub: I wish you many blessings in the years to come! We miss you and hope to see you return in all your glory very soon!!

xoxoxoxo

Happy birthday michael ...
I wish you joy and happyness and health
god bless you..............

Which way will he go? Now that he’s 50, will he make it to 60? And what will he be like if he does?

Well, remember when people were saying they didn't think he would make it to 50? That article sucked, but at least they said "rightful place" atop his thrown.

Happy Birthday Michael Joseph Jackson! You are the greatest.

Happy Birthday Michael Jackson!

The New York thing is pretty awesome I must say.

Hello Michael the Joseph Family from Germany wish you Happy Birthday . We all love you sooo dearly you are the nicest person in the world :). We wish you happyness love and luck for your live and future. You have to no michael we all stand behind you we will never turn against you. So we are Holding your Hand . Weeeeeeeeeeeee Looooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Michaell Peace HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday Michael!!!!!
Let all of your dreams will come true.

My Dear,Michael!!!!!!!!!

Happy B-day!!!!
birthday.gif

God bless you and his children!
Thank you for the magic for all those years!
YOU ARE UNIQUE!THE KING OF MUSIC AND MY HEART!
Stay strong!You are never alone!Always we'll be with you,my baby!FOREVER!

And so...I CLIMB IN TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahah

untitled-3.jpg

lol WTF..Chris Brown is a bit weird here, considering whatever he does is copied off MJ! Nice one tho thanx!

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY KING OF POP! Wow, Mike still can't believe you're 50, but you, just like your music are ageless. HOPE YA HAVE A GREAT DAYYYY! LOVE YA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL
from the Philippines

news from the Philippines

SONYBMG to celebrate Michael Jackson at 50

Celebrate Michael Jackson’s birthday at SM Mall of Asia
Venue: SM Mall of Asia veranda (beside Music Hall)

August 29 marks another milestone for Michael Jackson. It is not only his 50th birthday but he will also be releasing a compilation album titled The King of Pop, tracks of which were chosen by Filipino fans. That is why Sony BMG Music Entertainment Philippines, MYX, Magic 89.9 and SM Supermalls will give a celebration only fitting for a king on the same date, Friday, 8 pm at The Veranda (beside Music Hall) of SM Mall Asia.

Top bands 6cyclemind, Callalily, Itchyworms as well as up and coming band Roots of Nature and vocal group Ryan Cayabyab Singers will give tribute to the King of Pop with their interpretations of Michael Jackson songs. Lots of prizes await the viewers as limited Michael Jackson souvenirs are up for grabs. Get ready for a special surprise from the King of Pop himself.

Last month, fans tuned in to MYX and voted for the top 10 all time favorite Michael Jackson tracks that they want to appear on the King Of Pop album. And those tracks appeared in the collection of hits now out in leading record stores. Five lucky viewers received an exclusive gift pack from SONY BMG Music Entertainment.

Named the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" by the Guinness World Records, Michael Jackson is among the most highly acclaimed and influential artists in pop culture. And what better way to celebrate Michael's amazing career than with a new King Of Pop greatest hits package that is chosen by his Pinoy fans.

Michael Jackson "King of Pop" 50th Birthday Celebration is brought to you by Sony BMG Music Entertainment, MYX, Magic 89.9, SM Supermalls and SM Mall of Asia.
For teh first 50 album buyers, there will be a free Michael Jackson Commemorative T-Shirt that will be given away.

We ask those who will attend to send FMJ-MJO reports of that event. We are all excited for that surprise. If possible, send us photos at filipinomichaeljackson@yahoo.com.

Happy birthday to the most wonderful person in the world!
My life wouldn't be the same without you. Michael you are the light, the inspiration, the joy and happiness!
I wish health, happiness, prosperity and 50 more years of magic!
I adore you!

MICHAEL
Happy_Birthday4.gif

Your birthday makes this day really special just like you
006.gif
46.gif

lol WTF..Chris Brown is a bit weird here, considering whatever he does is copied off MJ! Nice one tho thanx!

What did he say? The video won't play for me for some reason. Chris is a little too arrogant for his own good. He doesn't realize yet that he's a common talent.

Chris said he is unsure if MJ can make a comeback. Nothing harsh or anything.

Thanks. That's an ignorant thing for him to say. But he's said similar things in the past, alluding to how Michael used to be great. Oh well. I don't like his attitude, but I don't hate him for it. He's young and dumb.

Michael Jackson turns 50 on Friday. What do you get for the man who has everything, including a killer discography, a couple of sexual assault accusations, at least one white glove, a sprawling ranch teetering on foreclosure, a family that can only be described as indescribable, and a button nose that often looks unbuttoned?

Reaching The Big Five-Oh is a profound event in every life. But for Michael, it represents a fork in his moonwalking path. One direction will take him to his own personal neverland, as in never be seen or heard from again. The other will lead him back to stardom and his rightful place atop the pop throne.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26430706/

what a crappy article .... i dont know why it is posted here. oh well

Happy Birthday Mr. Michael Jackson!!

So God will the next 50 years which are to come will bring the best!? May all Your wishes come true!

Greets from Germany!

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Michael! I love you with all my heart :heart: :wub:

Back