A few thoughts about Invincible album

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Recently I was thinking about Invincible album creation process... And i got myself on a few really controversial thoughts...

Okay. First of all i noticed that a lot of songs were "presented" to Michael. He didn't create them himself... Break of dawn, heaven can wait, butterflies, 2000 watts, you rock my world... Demo for these songs were completed without Michael's involvement.... And he just "voiced" them.... And i really don't like the way it looks like... Like Michael became lazy and unprofessional musician and didn't even try to take part in creating process of songs from HIS album... And then I'm starting to recall his war with Sony... Company, which stated that Michael didn't even show up in studios... I know it sounds crazy, but what if Sony was half right... And if we go further, it could be one of the reason why album eventually got that tracklist (which mostly consist of music of other musicians). What if all budget Sony invested for creating Invincible album went for participating of other people... That's why Michael was obliged to use mostly songs from others... Because Sony didn't want to a lose money on expensive songs...And Michael didn't like that situation...

On opposite side, Michael could just be more patient about his OWN songs (hollywood tonight, the way you love me, beautiful girl, get your weight off of me, xscape, she was loving me and so on). And he didn't want Sony pushing him forward to finish it faster. That's why there were so little Michael's songs on Invincible album.

All in all, Invincible is my second favourite Michael's and I don't want to believe that Invincible album has less Michael's contribution then usually...

Darkchild? Yes it is his stage name....
Darkchild is also Rodney Jerkins' sonic signature.

There are certain songs where this producer forces his artists to utter this word at the beginning of the songs (that he produced for them) in order to better define his work as part of a larger body of his work.

Apart from 'You Rock My World', Rodney Jerkins for example also forced Toni Braxton to do the same thing at the beginning of the 'He Wasn't Man Enough' song.

There are certain songs where this producer forces his artists to utter this word at the beginning of the songs (that he produced for them) in order to better define his work as part of a larger body of his work.

Apart from 'You Rock My World', Rodney Jerkins for example also forced Toni Braxton to do the same thing at the beginning of the 'He Wasn't Man Enough' song.
You mean at gunpoint right?

Michael in gold pants........
Am I the only one who thinks the golden pant as well as the golden leotard were his ugliest stage costumes?😱

The blue wdan trash bag pant wasn't an eye catcher either btw.

Am I the only one who thinks the golden pant as well as the golden leotard were his ugliest stage costumes?😱

The blue wdan trash bag pant wasn't an eye catcher either btw.
The leotard, I agree. The golden pants, nah, pretty mediocre take. It was serviceable at least.

When you say forced... why do you use the word force? Written credits wouldn't be enough or?

Darkchild didn't force anyone to drop his name, he just asked them to in the beginning of his career. And later when this became 'a thing' the artists did this themselves without asking; like Braxton and MJ

Last edited:
Darkchild didn't force anyone to drop his name, he just asked them too in the beginning of his career. And later when this became 'a thing' the artists did this themselves without asking; like Braxton and MJ
So... He created the sonic signiture?

Back