A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

I wonder how much film was shot for bad: on the road & why it was even canceled

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

The concert film was done at Visions Post Production House in the summer of 1988, Frank DiLeo was there a couple of times but Michael seemed to have moved on from this idea with him not attending unfortunately. No one can be sure how much footage they shot whilst during the BAD Tour but even as early as 1987, before Patrick Kelley joined the team.. Bill Pecchi revealed that he was capturing moments with Michael in Japan, Australia etc. I'd love for them, once everything is identified and catalogued to compile either A) a documentary featuring on the road footage + a full show, or B) integrating the two similar to what Queen did with Hungarian Rhapsody.

The concert film was done at Visions Post Production House in the summer of 1988, Frank DiLeo was there a couple of times but Michael seemed to have moved on from this idea with him not attending unfortunately. No one can be sure how much footage they shot whilst during the BAD Tour but even as early as 1987, before Patrick Kelley joined the team.. Bill Pecchi revealed that he was capturing moments with Michael in Japan, Australia etc. I'd love for them, once everything is identified and catalogued to compile either A) a documentary featuring on the road footage + a full show, or B) integrating the two similar to what Queen did with Hungarian Rhapsody.
Apparently it exists on film because we got footage from bad25....i bet spike saw it....man i bet he probably said why the hell wont u all release this. I believe some people on his estate (branca) has a vendetta against Michael

Apparently it exists on film because we got footage from bad25....i bet spike saw it....man i bet he probably said why the hell wont u all release this. I believe some people on his estate (branca) has a vendetta against Michael

When Spike was given access to the archives, it wouldn't surprise me if it was then catalogued and identified... Warren Eagles said himself that the short film for APOM was taken from his early telecine work on the footage, and the exact same shots appear at times in the BAD 25 edit.

Last edited:
Maybe someday we'll be lucky enough to get a new Bad Tour show in higher quality. I'd love to see New York 88 in just good quality, it doesn't even need to be film.
I'd love to see Aintree 88, because we know that was recorded on film and also it's the closest concert Mike ever did to where I live , so my reasons are biased ?
The atmosphere sounds incredible on the amateur recordings also

Maybe someday we'll be lucky enough to get a new Bad Tour show in higher quality. I'd love to see New York 88 in just good quality, it doesn't even need to be film.
I'd love to see Aintree 88, because we know that was recorded on film and also it's the closest concert Mike ever did to where I live , so my reasons are biased 😁
The atmosphere sounds incredible on the amateur recordings also

Agreed. I was incredibly happy seeing the Victory tour Toronto leaks because it is where I live. If I were the estate, I would be spending $$ on finding it. HD footage of Mj in his prime? completely worth it. NY would be great to see too. Dirty Diana is in really good HQ quality even. This is all I really want tbh. A new album would be a close second. The people need to see him in his prime in the best quality possible.

Agreed. I was incredibly happy seeing the Victory tour Toronto leaks because it is where I live. If I were the estate, I would be spending $$ on finding it. HD footage of Mj in his prime? completely worth it. NY would be great to see too. Dirty Diana is in really good HQ quality even. This is all I really want tbh. A new album would be a close second. The people need to see him in his prime in the best quality possible.

Toronto's got to be the greatest leak of the last years. Great show in great quality. I enjoyed every second of it.

Toronto's got to be the greatest leak of the last years. Great show in great quality. I enjoyed every second of it.
I remember the early rumors of a new victory tour concert out there. Then seeing the first HQ snippets. The quality is still above anything else we have from that tour. I even enjoyed watching that first LQ .mov leak lol. MSG, LA, Chicago, Dallas (in HQ) would also be on my want to see list.

The petition has over 9000 signatures now. I hope we don't have to wait long for the next concert release.

Surely The Estate must see that people want more live concerts - and especially more BAD tour concerts.

I just hope they give us some great extra materail this time - rehearsal footage would be the best of course.

We need some sort of private/community investigation into locating the lost film. Estate clearly doesn't know where to look.

Can't you get to hold a petition for MSG in 1988 or so, I mean I can't be the only one wanting to see TWYMMF and SC live right?

Back