Around Michael in his last weeks- a fan's story

Cris123

Proud Member
I don’t know why I’m writing this long story. Perhaps because I am afraid of forgetting, of letting go. Constantly thinking and writing of him keeps me sane. And because I want to share with you how I perceived Michael, the wonderful, incredible man, behind the superstar. I know you understand his true essence and need some peace in this crazy aftermath.

I was a fan just like most of us: fell in love with his voice first, during the Dangerous tour, and followed him from afar, always in my heart, since then. For various reasons, I wasn’t fortunate enough to be able to travel to his various appearances. But this June, the stars aligned for me and I was able to go to LA and meet him. I hang out with some of his dearest fans who had been by his side for years, loyal, discreet and showering him with love and attention. They are wonderful people, united by a common passion.

On my first trip there I saw him briefly every day, going to or coming from the rehearsals, movie studio or the movies (he saw UP). I was in heaven when I held his hand and got chills when I heard his truly angelic voice in my ear. He was amazing: gracious, patient, always wanting to let fans know they are the most important thing besides his kids. No matter how tired he was (because he indeed used to work more than 8 hours each day), he would at least acknowledge us with a waive and a smile. From the first day I felt a burning need to just thank him for everything and shower him with gifts, supporting letters and words of love. I gave him letters, pictures, classical music CDs (the Lonely Shepherd, David Garret, etc).

One day I had the immense privilege of briefly talking to him alone. I talked about the concerts, thanking him for his hard work and reinforcing to him that he has this unique power to make millions of people happy just by his essence, his presence. I said that despite this, what matters to me is that he was happy. He said he will be if we are happy. I almost cried then at his unearthly selflessness if it weren’t for my nerves. “He is so beautiful, inside and out” is what was going through my mind that moment. He thanked me and said I love you a few times, with a peaceful demeanor. In one of my previous letters I had described to him how I envisioned his grand finale in the last concerts, the songs and the imagery and message that could have solidified him in history as the greatest entertainer. But guess what, he said these concerts were not about him, but about the world and the message of love….He is human, but indeed a prophet of love to me. This exchange really reinforced that Michael is a special, chosen soul and I was fortunate to see first hand this side of him, above and beyond his superstar persona. This is a priceless memory, but the funniest/ silliest is when two of my friends convinced me to join them serenade the whole I just can’t stop loving you to Michael twice, near his garden and then on intercom

In his last two days in this world, I gave him two letters and two gifts: a fantasy book for him and the kids and a shirt he actually wore to rehearsals and on stage on Wednesday. Fate would have it that the last time he danced on stage he would wear a gift from fans with a message for fans

The last time I saw him on Wednesday night he smiled, waived, pumped his fist and said I love you. He was in good spirits. My last words to him were “love you so much Michael”.

He is unlike any other. He read our letters and I got confirmation. We really mattered to him. In fact, in his words, “we were his world”. Because he left with these nice words in his mind, I will share a few highlights with you in a subsequent post, because it’s about you too.

Finally and most importantly, this may bring some solace to you, knowing that he didn’t rise to Heaven without a prayer and feeling loved. His kids were praying inside, while two of his fans were praying outside that morning, very hard, fearful, with all the soul. In the end, he wasn’t alone. He was close enough to people he loved the most, people for whom he gave his everything, even his life: his kids and his fans. That’s why I’m sure he will continue to be with us forever. But we need to continue to make our King proud and carry forward his legacy, as his army of love…

Last edited:
thank you for sharing :)

i've prefered these follower stories over the other un-relatable news that have broken out. do share the other highlights. i miss mike.

Beautiful story. He truly loved and cared for his fans. He never took us for granted.

Thank you for sharing.. I love these stories, they give us all who have been dreaming of meeting him a deeper insight of the person. And i really really do hope that he felt that he wasnt alone. The ones who loved him prayed so hard for him.

Last edited:
He was like you said, a chosen soul indeed. You were very lucky. Thanks for your story and for making him happy too. :)

Thank you for sharing! That was so nice to read.

"curls for my girls"....awwww that is so cute :wub: :cry:

Thank you for sharing, your story made me cry and smile at the same time..

thanks for your story. very sweet of you to share. love the shirt . is there a photo with him in it with the words showing..dont remmeber seeing it?

Man, that was beautiful.....I just feel like crying again!

thanks so much for posting your story....after watching the news shows about him on MTV it just makes it even better to read this..

thanks

Thank you so much for sharing! Omg. :cry: He's so sweet and kind, gah. And the part how he says he'll be happy if we are happy, made me cry, lol. Thanks for posting, it's a wonderful story.

That was so beautiful!! It makes me so proud to be a fan and to have shown him love during his life aswell.

"Curls for my girls" ....we'll always be your girls Mike :cry:

thank you for sharing your story. beautiful!! :cry: :hug:

Michael has a heart of gold :yes:

Oh, that was beautiful!! :cry: Thank you so much for sharing!! I love the T-Shirt!! I'm glad he wore it!! :weeping:
Keep sharing pls!!

That was so beautiful and swwet
now that sounds like Michael and
I just can imagine him wearing that
shirt proudly as I know he brought
back the curls for his girls :D

he was always so kind and gracious to
his fans _and several people verified
Michael has a message to deliver to
the world with his concerts ..

Thank you that story touched my heart
and that is how I hope fans will do is carry
on his Legacy though an Army of Love

The true essence of Michael should always be
present in his legacy _ He was much more than
just a performer _ he was a messenger of hope
love and change for the world

I hope we get to see his "curl shirt" in the
footage released _ that would fill my heart :wub:

he is such a sweet person who really keeps being gracious and nice towards all his fans.you just had me confirmed that mike did feel genuine caring and endless power of love from fans,he knew he was deeply and timlessly loved . thats probably the only thing he believe is 'pure and simple' other than the children that he claimed would live or die for considering what a dirty mire of misery and misfortune he had been stuck in .poor michael .i wish i had the magic to shield him from these 'vampire and leeches' ,to keep him from the evil the greed.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for let him know how we feels about him.He really was/is a prophet of love.Hope we could keep his legacy and make him proud.

Thanks for letting us know all these good things.

Back