BAD: Underrated or deserving of it's criticisms?

Rhilo

Proud Member
call me nuts but speed demon is one of my favorites :D

Mine too! Partly because I visualize the music video with Michael looking so darned adorable and sexy everytime I hear it.

Still I do think a song like Streetwalker would have had more hit potential, and I always wonder why they didn't release it instead?

MJdude

Proud Member
Yes, I've also wondered about Streetwalker.From what I remember from an interview, it was a toss between Streetwalker and Another Part of me. Maybe one of the reasons the song never got on the album is because it has a similar feel to The way you make me feel? The video, at least, would have also worked with Streetwalker, I think. :)

raz2911

Proud Member
The only criticism for BAD I've heard is that it hasn't ages well and sounds the most dated of his work. I agree wholeheartedly with analogue that good music doesn't age and that being said behind Dangerous Bad is my favourite MJ album.

analogue

Proud Member
One of the things i love about Bad is that MJ cut the collabaration B.S and wrote and composed most of the songs himself. Bad is the closest we're ever gonna get to having an album that's fully written and composed by MJ himself

xo_lola_xo

Proud Member
I don't think Bad is underrated but (and don't kill me) I do think Thriller is overrated compared to his other work. I know Thriller is sheer genius, however, I believe Bad and Dangerous are better in the terms of quality, diversity and creativity.

Gregershansen

Proud Member
I have never had the expression that Bad was underrated. It has always been one of his most popular albums, and he had many number 1 hits!