BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Hunter93

Proud Member
Hess;3643810 said:
Look at 4:30 - there's a poster for House of Wax 3D. - Surely 3D was not used in cinemas back then, so do you think it is something MJ put there on purpose.

3D was often used in cinemas back in the eighties. The technique isn´t new at all (red-cyan glasses actually were invented in the 19th century) and as mentioned 3D hit cinemas already 30 years ago.

SoCav

Proud Member
Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

If the only copy we have was Michael's own personal VHS copy, that makes it special to me, personally....
How can we be sure it really is his personal copy though?

Hmm...

;)

Dalai09

Proud Member

Bad Tour concerts were about 120 min in 1988, including the 15 min Band Interlude. You can testify it by the amateur recordings we have.

Also, Amazon just shows off random info to get people pre-ordering things. They're not loyal source at all.

MJJuniorSinceMW

Proud Member

Ever since I joined MJ fansites and made an MJ related YouTube account around 2006/2007, the one request/demand I saw everywhere was for the release of the second leg of the Bad Tour on DVD. There were hundreds of petitions on various sites for Michael to release it, but as you all know he never did.

Now here we are in 2012 awaiting the release of the Bad Tour, just a four month wait. The fanbase has waited 25 years for this, and in four months it will be here. People are still complaining? Would you rather have this VHS rip of Wembley 88 or would you rather have nothing? I choose the VHS rip and if you'd rather have nothing no one is forcing you to buy it.

It just annoys me because this has been at the top of the fans' wishlists since I can remember. It's finally coming. Let's enjoy this.

THANK YOU!

Yesterday the initial reaction was so overwhelmingly positive. I enjoyed it so much!

Then the first rainclouds appeared and now the positivity seems to fade because of all the second guessing and fore judging.

We have a teaser on a website in a tiny little window & a boulevard morning news clip (ON YOUTUBE!!!!) from which we don't know if it includes the final result (qualitywise).

I wrote yesterday on a german forum: With this package no one should have a reason to complain or cry about it.
Perhaps HAPPY TEARS, but nothing else!

But let's wait with the negativity at least till the final thing is here. And don't ruin yourself & others these four month of pleasant anticipation.

Zakk

Proud Member

60 minutes can't be right :cry:

Arklove

Proud Member

How can we be sure it really is his personal copy though?

Hmm...

;)

:lmao: that's awesome...

That reminds me of how my little cousin taped over part of my original VHS Oprah interview...grrrr lol

Zakk

Proud Member

it should be something like 1 hour 54 minutes I'm pretty sure we will get extras on it too but we will have to wait and see I guess, I personally believe the DVD that is being released will be better quality then the daybreak clip so stop worrying and see what we get when it gets released.

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member

so guys..., can anybody give us a piece of advice how to buy this album or dvd or set so that the sales growth of both counted every single piece/unit... for the charts...

It will be counted as a box set with 3x CD + 1 DVD (3 boxsets =9xCD+3DVD), or as ONE unit?

Im not sure if anybody answered, because every day there are tens of new pages of this thread, its hard to follow it...

So, if anybody can answer, post me a PM or here on pg. 57/58!

april_zxh421

Proud Member

china's fans looking forward to group buying

Galactus123

Proud Member

I'm still so excited! How I can survive till September. :D Wembley concert will be amazing!

Is that dvd cover final?

T.N.A.

Proud Member

Do you guys know whether or not Spike Lee's documentary is associated with the Estate or Sony?

I'm pretty sure it's "Estate approved" and is related to Bad25.

ivy

Proud Member

That means fans from other countries can buy the IJCSLY single right? Just to be sure...

that means anyone can buy it from Amazon.com as long as they are willing to pay $12.44 + shipping costs to their country

but check local or near countries first

for example Amazon.de (Germany website) has the same CD single for 3.49 Euro

Sanity.au has it for 4.99 Australian Dollars

So I would recommend shopping around for a good price before pre-ordering it on Amazon.

Rudolf

Proud Member

Anybody knows when the Spike doc is gonna be released?

loveforever

Proud Member

:bugeyed Amazon's wembley bad concert 1998

Remington Steele

Proud Member

An official DVD from a VHS tape? They can't be serious!
:bugeyed Did they at least bother to replace the VHS sound with the multitrack master sound on the DVD?

kristinaz

Proud Member

No one said he spoke about re-adding it there, but that she told him to sing it.

oh ok then must have TOTALLY misread whoever's post I was looking at at the time.

Prince Of Pop

Proud Member

People need to stop freaking out about the dvd being converted from a vhs tape. Tons and tons of movies have been converted and have been proven to turn out great. Technology has gotten so good in the last 20+ years, and I for one don't care.

We're getting the Bad Tour FINALLY for God shakes. Let's be happy. Why is it whenever a new MJ release comes out, people have to bitch about something. Just be glad we're getting it. It's obvious to me after the Michael album fiasco, Sony & The Estate are going all out for Bad 25. Just be glad they aren't doing the same thing with Bad 25 like they did to Thriller 25 by throwing unwanted remixes with 1 unreleased track and a DVD of the albums music videos instead.

This will be BIGGER than Thriller 25 IMO.

Last edited:

big DB

Proud Member

guys transfers of concerts such as Brunei and the unreleased Bueno Aries gigs have shown that vhs can be transferred to decent quality, even fans have transferred great quality concerts from VHS, furthermore this will be remastered and the visuals will be vastly improved to dvd quality, 720 576 4:3 resolution, better than anything we have or will ever get, much better than a concert with Louis productions plastered all over it!

we are very lucky for this to be seeing the light of day be grateful for that, and wait til you are watching it to worry and complain about picture quality.

kristinaz

Proud Member

Also I wanna pre-order just the dvd for now from Amazon but I don't trust they're info yet...so I'm going to hold out a bit till I see how long the dvd is. It cannot be 60 mins only!

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

I'm glad they're giving us four months of anticipation rather than throwing all the news at us in a single month, like the MICHAEL album. C'mon, guys and gals. Just think about it.

* CD of unreleased, untouched material.
* Live CD from Wembley '88 (most likely in the quality of the leaked clips)
* Bad World Tour - Live in Wembley 1988

Looking back, how long have we wanted this? Long before Michael's death. The Estate is finally listening to what fans have been asking for. Yes, the Bad concert is ripped from a VHS tape. But yes, they can make it look amazing. I used to have an old friend (unfortunately passed in Hurricane Katrina back in '06) who had this pro equipment. He'd take old VHS tapes that he/I had and enhance them to near perfect quality. He made half of the poor quality VHS's that I owned (including home videos taken by myself or a family member) and make them look gorgeous. The Estate can make BAD in Wembley look amazing, trust me. We'll be able to see the individual sweat beads rolling down Michael's FACE if they do it right :p Also, if you notice, the Royal Brunei show, from what I've heard, has also been ripped from a VHS. And fans have restored that to FANTASTIC quality.

The Daybreak clip isn't the final quality. They just hurried a small teaser out without remastering it. If you look at the official teaser, it looks pretty rushed, honestly. I guarantee that the concert will look amazing. I'm not saying people can't be disappointed. It's completely understandable. I'm just asking people to re-evaluate the situation and realize how lucky we have it. Come on! Let's get pumped! AAOW! :clap:

big DB

Proud Member

it won't be, no michael jackson concert complete was ever 60 minutes

big DB

Proud Member

The Daybreak clip isn't the final quality. They just hurried a small teaser out without remastering it. If you look at the official teaser, it looks pretty rushed, honestly. I guarantee that the concert will look amazing. I'm not saying people can't be disappointed. It's completely understandable. I'm just asking people to re-evaluate the situation and realize how lucky we have it. Come on! Let's get pumped! AAOW! :clap:

Daybreak pan'ed and scan'ed the image to fill their HD broadcast, which reduces quality...this is not what you will view on the dvd when you watch it.