Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

MikeFann

Proud Member
Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

If I'm going to spend 7 hours somewhere, Brad's Seminars would be it! How long was the Extended Remix? Did you get to remix any songs and can you tell me what songs were, if any?

mnwlkr

Proud Member

Yeah Brad lets you play with some songs and its as if you're mixing the track, he has the multitracks to songs so you can isolate instruments, vocals etc. Lots of fun. I cant tell you which songs, ruins the surprise Mike Fan.

MikeFann

Proud Member

That does sound like fun; I do enjoy doing it with the multitracks and stems I'm come across online. Though, you can go ahead and say it, if you want. I don't mind knowng which songs; it's going to be quite a while before I get to go to one of those seminars, anyway. ;)

I have a feeling Bad was one of them, right?

myosotis

Proud Member

That does sound like fun; I do enjoy doing it with the multitracks and stems I'm come across online. Though, you can go ahead and say it, if you want. I don't mind knowng which songs; it's going to be quite a while before I get to go to one of those seminars, anyway. ;)

I have a feeling Bad was one of them, right?

You may not mind, but it is a pity to spoil the experience of Brad's events for everyone else who reads here, and who plans to go. Brad works very hard travelling thousands of miles to bring these events to fans (and has a very extensive travel plan this year).. ...so please don't ask for them to be spoiled for everyone else.

MikeFann

Proud Member

You may not mind, but it is a pity to spoil the experience of Brad's events for everyone else who reads here, and who plans to go. Brad works very hard travelling thousands of miles to bring these events to fans (and has a very extensive travel plan this year).. ...so please don't ask for them to be spoiled for everyone else.

I meant no harm, really. :)

barbee0715

Proud Member

^^From reading about it (here and other places) I think everyone's sworn to secrecy on what they hear and see. I must say that all the attendees have done an excellent job of keeping it secret. :)

CodaBroda

Proud Member

I remember Brad mentioning in one of his interviews while he was promoting this (I believe it was MJ Cast) that he was starting on a book, I hope he ends up finshing that. His stories are priceless, it would be a wonderful thing to have for Michael's legacy. This tour is great, but it would be nice to have something to keep this magic permanent for future generations to enjoy.

MikeFann

Proud Member

I remember Brad mentioning in one of his interviews while he was promoting this (I believe it was MJ Cast) that he was starting on a book, I hope he ends up finshing that. His stories are priceless, it would be a wonderful thing to have for Michael's legacy. This tour is great, but it would be nice to have something to keep this magic permanent for future generations to enjoy.

Now, that book? I'd definitely read it! I also hope he is able to actually finish it and something tells me it'll be a book that'll be hard to put down! To add to what Coda's saying, who knows how long Brad's going to keep holding these Seminars so by that time, a book form of these Seminars would be great for those who weren't able to experience the Seminars.

My wish? A very thick book or several volumes :) Of course, I'll be happy with whatever Brad does book-wise in the end.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

My only complaint about these seminars is that they are massively expensive. The price isn't outlandish by any means, what with the information Brad shares and the cost of the studios he rents and whatnot, but it's still hefty. It's far too expensive for me to be able to afford unfortunately, so any and all information to be shared is welcome!

barbee0715

Proud Member

^^They are expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, if they came here either.
BUT a book? I'd stand in line for that. Brad's gifted with words: every single solitary story he's written on Facebook has made me feel like I'm in the room. I hope he writes it soon.

myosotis

Proud Member

My only complaint about these seminars is that they are massively expensive. The price isn't outlandish by any means, what with the information Brad shares and the cost of the studios he rents and whatnot, but it's still hefty. It's far too expensive for me to be able to afford unfortunately, so any and all information to be shared is welcome!

Whenever I've attended, I've treated them as 'annual holiday- at-home'.... because when Brad comes to my home country, they are much cheaper for me than flying to the USA, and are also less than the price of combined local rail travel, hotel and theatre booking packages at home.

Brad has been doing 'Buy one ticket and bring a friend' to some distant locations, so they are worth looking out for. He must spend a fortune on air travel and studio hire, so I can well understand why tickets are not 'as cheap as chips'. The sessions are a 'once or twice in a lifetime' experience for most people, really .

There is a ton of information about these sessions in the earlier pages of this thread, and so I'd recommend reading all the previous pages (including Brad's own posts included in them). This will give you a very good idea about the content, and in some detail too. In fact even better, because some aspects are no longer presented in the sessions.

C

ChrisC

I know what you're saying but I'd like to point out you get a LOT of hours for your entry fee.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

^^They are expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, if they came here either.
BUT a book? I'd stand in line for that. Brad's gifted with words: every single solitary story he's written on Facebook has made me feel like I'm in the room. I hope he writes it soon.

Oh certainly - a book would be absolutely glorious! I hope he makes progress with it!

myosotis

Proud Member
Brad Sundberg is hosting his "In the studio with MJ" 100th SEMINAR! March 17-18-19, 2017 in Paris where the first one was held 5 years ago
"Paris, France
March 17th & 19th
SAE Studios Paris
45 avenue Victor Hugo Building 229 93300 Aubervilliers
DISCOUNT TICKETS UNTIL FEBRUARY 20, 2017

In The Studio With MJ – The Centennial Celebration in Paris

This is the weekend that we celebrate our 100th ITSWMJ event since we launched in Paris five years ago! An amazing milestone worth celebrating with my friends and Studio Rats new and old! There will be surprises and special treats all through the weekend – I hope you can join us.

Friday – VIP Listening Session
A great way to hear Michael’s music and mixes in a way you have never heard them before. Brad will take you through songs and let you hear things you have never heard before, in a great sounding studio. Very limited seating, a very unique way to explore Michael’s mixes.

Saturday – The Seminar
Four studio albums. Countless sessions. Video mixes. Dance mixes. Three world tours. A ranch called “Neverland.” This was Brad Sundberg’s life and career for nearly 18 years, working closely with the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson. This is your chance to hear of the music, the stories behind the music, and what it was like to be a part of Michael’s team. This is a one-of-a-kind music, photo and video-filled seminar.
Brad had the opportunity to work closely in the studio and at Neverland Valley Ranch with Michael Jackson. He was Michael’s technical director and one of the engineers on four studio albums including “Bad”, “Dangerous”, “HIStory”, and “Blood On The Dancefloor.” (Michael even gave Brad the nickname “Really, Really Brad”.) These mammoth projects (including production, tour-prep and countless remixes) took upwards of 16 months each. You will see and hear what it was like to be in the studio with Michael and the team of engineers and producers who created these songs, through a carefully crafted timeline of music, video and behind-the-scenes info. From “Captain Eo” to “Man In The Mirror” to “Smile”, Brad was there, and you will hear about the production process.
Brad is generous with his insights and knowledge, and there will be time for questions. The multi-media seminar features many new segments and dual video screens to bring you into the studio like you never thought was possible.
If you are a fan of Michael’s music, or are curious about how those albums were recorded and the staggering amount of tapes, tracks and time invested, you will not want to miss “In The Studio With MJ 2017”.

Sunday – The Extended Remix
The Extended Remix is part seminar, part listening session, part MJU recap, part hands-on mixing to some of your favorite songs. Fewer stories, more music, lots of things to discover. A very casual, one-of-a-kind, hands-on event in the studio hearing music in a whole new way.
Included in “The Extended Remix” is the Tour Of Neverland segment. Michael tapped Brad to help in the early days of designing and building Neverland Valley Ranch, his incredible home. The ranch was filled with rides, music and surprises waiting to be discovered. He commissioned Brad to bring music to virtually ever corner. Michael would even give him specific playlists for certain areas of the ranch, to create just the right environment. The Tour Of Neverland will give you a sense of the size, attention to detail and creative magic of Michael’s dream home.
Think of it as hanging out in a studio – or even a family room – with Brad as he plays mixes, video clips, photos anything else that won’t fit into the seminar. Try your hand at building a dance mix. Dig deep into the catalog and hear Michael’s music as if for the first time. Bigger and better than ever – The Extended Remix is a day you will not soon forget!
Truly a very unique experience for Michael’s fans."

Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/inthestudiowithmj
website and tickets

"http://inthestudiowithmj.com/paris/

myosotis

Proud Member

More (possible) dates from Brad for 2017 and up to Spring 2018.

Contact Brad if you know of a fan group, music school, etc., that could either help or would enjoy attending.

March 18 - Paris
April 22 - Houston
May 6 - Mexico City
May 20 - New York City
June 24 - Orlando
July 22 - San Paulo, Brazil
August 26 - Minneapolis
September - TBD (San Francisco?)
October 14 - Madrid, Spain
October 21 - Oslo, Norway
November 4 - Edmonton, Canada

January 20 - Tokyo, Japan
January 27 - Osaka, Japan
Spring 2018 - Moscow, Russia
Spring 2018 - Poznan, Poland

Thanks for your support of "In The Studio With MJ"! I look forward to seeing many of you very soon.
- Brad

http://inthestudiowithmj.com/

KOPV

Proud Member

Man there's been so many seminars and various MJ related events.. none of which I've been lucky enough to take part in.. IDK why at least some of these do not turn into documentaries of some sort.

barbee0715

Proud Member

Man there's been so many seminars and various MJ related events.. none of which I've been lucky enough to take part in.. IDK why at least some of these do not turn into documentaries of some sort.
Me too-they'd be great documentaries or the basis of some great ones.
Or at least a book. I'm in love with the way he writes.

I do not believe he's actually coming to Houston of all places-not enough notice to start saving for something like this. I wonder where they will have it?

Last edited:
C

ChrisC

Isn't it crazy Brad was never approached for Bad 25? Yet Justin Beiber was.

myosotis

Proud Member

Latest from Brad:

They say everything's bigger in Texas!
Saturday, April 22, 2017 - "In The Studio With MJ" is coming to Austin, Texas! We will be debuting our first-ever Texas event at the beautiful Stinson Studios.
I am offering two events on the same day.

At 11am we will launch into the 2017 version of "In The Studio With MJ". This is the full seminar with new songs, segments and video clips.
At 6pm we'll shift gears and start "The Tour Of Neverland" and "The Extended Remix" and go until they throw us out (or more likely we'll stop around 9:30pm).

Two great events in one day - MJ in Texas!
Tickets will go on sale this evening, but I wanted to give you time to ponder it while you're saddling up for an afternoon ride, or whatever it is Texans do.
We'll be announcing and launching ticket sales for a lot of events over the next few days, so stay tuned...

http://stinsonstudios.com/

CodaBroda

Proud Member

O_O ... AWESOME!!!

I couldn't believe reading this to be honest... I had resigned to ever being able to go to one of the seminars. I can't believe I'm going to be a 1-hour drive away from one of these events, thank you a ton for sharing, myosotis.

If you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask at the event, please let me know.

SarahJ

Proud Member

I don't have any questions, but would appreciate just a write up of whatever you can share. Enjoy!

innuendo141

Proud Member

I don't have any questions, but would appreciate just a write up of whatever you can share. Enjoy!
Im pretty sure Brad asks people to share little to nothing about the seminars unfortunately

myosotis

Proud Member

O_O ... AWESOME!!!

I couldn't believe reading this to be honest... I had resigned to ever being able to go to one of the seminars. I can't believe I'm going to be a 1-hour drive away from one of these events, thank you a ton for sharing, myosotis.

If you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask at the event, please let me know.

So glad you can go.....you'll have a wonderful time. :) (I'd go to them all, if I could)

myosotis

Proud Member

Latest from Brad:

We will be in Austin, Texas exactly one month from today! I have never done an event in Texas before, and it was a bit of a last-minute addition, so PLEASE reach out to your friends, MJ groups, etc., in Texas and the midwest and let them know we are coming! I just posted on the ITSWMJ page, so feel free to encourage people to join me in the studio.

Mexico City will hopefully be on sale tonight.

I am looking very seriously at coming back to LA in June. We have a group coming from China who is interested, so we are putting some ideas together.
We will also be in Orlando in June as promised.

Also on the horizon: New York, Madrid, Milan, San Paulo, London, Minneapolis, Tokyo, Osaka, Moscow, Oslo and several others.

The Centennial in Paris was a lot of fun, and it was so good to see many old friends - including several who were at the very first event five years ago at Les Studios de la Sienne!
Now - I have some amazing new segments in the 2017 events! I really think you are going to love them the next time you come.
Have a great weekend and thank you so much for your friendship and support.

Keep The Faith and be well
Brad

http://inthestudiowithmj.com/