Charice

ladyinhislife

Proud Member
From a guesting in Ellen Degeneres show, she was offered to be managed by Oprah Winfrey and now has released her first international album CHARICE (debuted at #8 in Billboard 200) with the single PYRAMID .

what are your thoughts about her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhT2HhEllpw

Charice-Pyramid.jpg

She has a great voice! She's one of the very few talented teens in the music industry today.

I am in the minority...I can't stand Charice I am sorry.

It's not that I don't think she's talented or anything it's just that

1. She's being rubbed in everyone's face
2. If she wasnt filipino people would not make such a huge deal over her vocals (this is my opinion), I've seen children in the states with powerful and soulful voices just as good if not better than her for example Jamia Simone Nash, Tiffany Evans and Jojo but I feel like because Charice is from the phillipines and people are not used to seeing filipinos sing like that in the United States she gets the upperhand for the simple fact that she is filipino.
3. I cannot not watch any whitney, mariah, beyonce, patti, j.hudson videos without a bunch of crazy chasters bringing her up
4. She forces her vocals way too much, imo she does not sing with ease
when she sings she is always hitting high notes when it's not necessary.
This is why I dislike alot of child singers with the exception of New Edition, Tevin Campbell and of course my little Michael Jackson.
5. People are comparing her to the true divas like Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, and Whitney Houston when she is far from their talent and innovation.

..So yeah

I am in the minority...I can't stand Charice I am sorry.

It's not that I don't think she's talented or anything it's just that

1. She's being rubbed in everyone's face
2. If she wasnt filipino people would not make such a huge deal over her vocals (this is my opinion), I've seen children in the states with powerful and soulful voices just as good if not better than her for example Jamia Simone Nash, Tiffany Evans and Jojo but I feel like because Charice is from the phillipines and people are not used to seeing filipinos sing like that in the United States she gets the upperhand for the simple fact that she is filipino.
3. I cannot not watch any whitney, mariah, beyonce, patti, j.hudson videos without a bunch of crazy chasters bringing her up
4. She forces her vocals way too much, imo she does not sing with ease
when she sings she is always hitting high notes when it's not necessary.
This is why I dislike alot of child singers with the exception of New Edition, Tevin Campbell and of course my little Michael Jackson.
5. People are comparing her to the true divas like Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, and Whitney Houston when she is far from their talent and innovation.

..So yeah

Agree......there's nothing special about her songs..........

Diana Ross helped define the sounds of the 60's and 70's........
Madonna did the same with the 80's and 90's.......
Whitney " " " " " 80's and early 90's......
Mariah Carey " " " " " 90's.......
Even Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce and Rihanna helped define sounds of 00's......

But past Rihanna, Usher and B.E.P.........pop music looks pretty dull!!!!

Back