Christian Members

Darth Sidious

Proud Member
Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

I remember posting in this thread when it started...i think, haha! But I wanted to reinstate that I do believe and trust in Jesus as God.

And it's really really nice to see this thread going on for so long! Love it!

How's everybody doing in here?

great, youre back. i'm doin okay.

lets keep this thread goin.

Holly Rock

Proud Member

Hello, I am new to this board and am also a Born Again Christian. I believe that Jesus is Lord and is soon to come. I believe in the Rapture, the saving power of the Blood and that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. I believe in speaking in Tongues, the laying on of hands, paying tithes, healing and alot more. I'm so glad to have found your thread because frankly, I have'nt gotten much support from my fellow christians about Michael's death but am looking forward to sharing thoughts and feelings about him with you within the context of the Word. God bless you richly.

xthunderx2

Proud Member

Hey Holly Rock welcome to MJJC so happy to have you here. It is truly wonderful to have another fellow Christian here on the board. God is good..Bless you my friend. John 3:16

IvoryKeys

Proud Member

Must admit, i'm very jealous of your name, Holly Rock. Very creative!

Darth Sidious

Proud Member

Hello, I am new to this board and am also a Born Again Christian. I believe that Jesus is Lord and is soon to come. I believe in the Rapture, the saving power of the Blood and that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. I believe in speaking in Tongues, the laying on of hands, paying tithes, healing and alot more. I'm so glad to have found your thread because frankly, I have'nt gotten much support from my fellow christians about Michael's death but am looking forward to sharing thoughts and feelings about him with you within the context of the Word. God bless you richly.

weclome! but i'm not sure about the whole rapture thing.

Rudolf

Proud Member

I believe in God. That's all I can say. I'm not so smart for Bible debates.

coolcat75

Proud Member

I also believe in jesus. He's even better than MJ!

Victory22

Proud Member

I'm good. God bless everyone. I think we will all need to come here a lot more now that the Murray trial is about to start.

Evilman

Proud Member

I'm fine too. Just a little bit tired (again). :D

God bless you all! :)

N

No-Body

Hello folks, some of you might remember me from back in the day when i was the 'artist' formely known as Shabuya. Well, she is gone and i ain't here to replace her, just to jump in with a few confessions cause we are family, some pics of where i've been this year and maybe a song or two, basically the usual scroll, more or less.....Ready everyone?

On May 1[SUP]st[/SUP] i had the privilege to be one among the 1.5 million pilgrims who attended the beatification ceremony of Pope John Paul II in Rome. Words cannnot describe the joy i felt and the magnificence of the moment. It truly felt as though for a few precious hours heaven and earth were coming together. I'm hoping to return to Rome very soon. It is and will remain my favorite city in the world.

Last edited:

qbee

Proud Member

up-Michael_Jackson_Case_Continues_6j0mjIcgFLNlLG.jpg

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
when there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen !

MJnVA

Proud Member
Saint Luke 5:12-16 (9/27-10/10) Tuesday of the Nineteenth Week after Pentecost

God The Approachable: Saint Luke 5:12-16, especially vs. 12, “...behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on his face and implored Him saying, ‘Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.’” In the actions of the leprous man described in today’s Gospel, we can hear echoes within our hearts of a deep desire to come before God, fall down, and seek the blessing of His cleansing. Notice the three distinct actions in the leper’s approach to the Lord Jesus: first, he caught sight of Christ. Second, he fell down on his face - prostrated himself - before Him. Third, when fully bowed, the leprous man cried out for help, begging for healing.
One must ‘see’ Christ before he can approach Him. Hence, to act like the man with leprosy requires a spiritual sight necessarily greater than physical vision. For long ages, God has revealed that without the Light of Christ, mankind walks in serious moral and spiritual darkness - His judgment having departed from them: “While they waited for light, darkness came upon them; and while they waited for the dawn, they walked in darkness. They groped around for a wall like blind men...They shall fall at midday as though it were midnight...” (Is. 59:9,10).
Spiritual darkness descends when we turn away from Christ Who is the Light of the world, and when, instead, we follow dark, human reasoning and the bidding of our passions (Jn. 8:12; Rom. 1:21). The leper not only fell down before the Lord because of genuine need, but also because of inner illumination. No doubt his insight was stirred because of reports circulating in Galilee concerning the Lord; thus, his inward eye ‘saw’ more than an individual named Jesus.
In the exorcisms before Holy Baptism, the Priest prays for the candidate: “Open the eyes of his understanding, that the light of Thy Gospel may shine brightly in him.” The leper perceived God Incarnate in Jesus, a ‘sight’ that impelled him to beg for healing. “...behold, a man who was full of leprosy ‘saw’ Jesus...” (vs. 12). Saint Luke encourages us to behold the Lord so that we may approach Him. Pray for God’s gift of illumination that you may ‘see’ the Lord, the Good News of your life, and that you may approach Him with your needs.
When the leper saw, he fell on his face. Once we see the Lord, prostration is natural. God designed us to worship Him. Prostration before the Lord our God is right, healthy, and a genuine sign that healing already has begun in the heart. The desire to fall down demonstrates that before the thought to approach God, He notices our disease, sin, sickness - and awakens us.
In the first century, rigorous physical and social barriers were maintained forcefully between ‘normal’ human society and those infected with leprosy (Lv. 13:45,46), yet the compassionate Lord our God “...put out His hand and touched him...” (Lk. 5:13). God ever draws us to Himself, whether our leprosy is physical, social, moral, or spiritual. To catch sight of Christ illumines the rot and uncleanness in ourselves, and we know, at least, that we are essential lepers before our All-Holy Lord. “O come, let us worship and fall down before Christ!”
Watch during the Divine Liturgy and you will see acts of reverence before our Holy God being modeled for us in the gestures of those who serve the Priests in the Altar. In fact, the Altar Servers bow and humble themselves around the Throne and kiss the Priest’s hands exactly because, during the Liturgy, the clergy function as living icons of Christ among us.
Last of all, the man cried out. His plea echoes clearly in the Orthros psalms, urging us to approach our compassionate God, to fall down before Him and cry out from our pain:
I cried unto the Lord with my voice” (Ps. 3:4). “O Lord, before Thee is all my desire, and my groaning is not hid from Thee” (Ps. 37:9). “Quickly hear me, O Lord; my spirit hath fainted away....Cause me to hear Thy mercy in the morning” (Ps. 142:7,9).

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.

N

No-Body

AG2.jpg

Agnus Dei qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem. Amen

rublev-trinity.jpg

Glória Patri
et Fílio
et Spirítui Sancto.
Sicut erat in princípio,
et nunc et semper
et in sæ´cula sæculórum. Amen.

Pater noster, qui es in cælis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum;
adveniat regnum tuum;
fiat voluntas tua,
sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem
Sed libera
nos a malo.

AMEN

N

No-Body

archangel-michael-350x440.jpg

Saints-and-the-Archangel-Michael-178-mid.jpg

archangel-michael.jpg

On Sunday April 24th 1994, Pope John Paul II recommended this prayer be used by all Catholics as a prayer for the Church when he said:

'"May prayer strengthen us for the spiritual battle we are told about in the Letter to the Ephesians: 'Draw strength from the Lord and from His mighty power' (Ephesians 6:10). The Book of Revelation refers to this same battle, recalling before our eyes the image of St. Michael the Archangel (Revelation 12:7). Pope Leo XIII certainly had a very vivid recollection of this scene when, at the end of the last century, he introduced a special prayer to St. Michael throughout the Church. Although this prayer is no longer recited at the end of Mass, I ask everyone not to forget it and to recite it to obtain help in the battle against forces of darkness and against the spirit of this world."'

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member

I was on Yolanda Adams FB page and she posted a picture of her rehearsing for the MJ Forever Tribute Concert and people were judging her because she was singing "worldly music'. Some people even had the nerve to say Michael didn't know God and worshiped Lucifer? I can't stand some Christians.

Darth Sidious

Proud Member

glad youre back shabby:)hope everyones doin okay

N

No-Body

Very funny stuff there Ms.CassieMollie. Thanks for postin'. :)

glad youre back shabby:)hope everyones doin okay

Thanks for your kind words D.S., but, as i said, Shabuya ain't really back. I'm just visiting. I haven't got much time left here. Btw of that username though. I might have shared this next video in another corner of this message board quite some time ago, but i'm pretty sure i haven't done so here. That particular username came to me 'courtesy of' Michael and Spike Lee via the Get on the bus soundtrack. Here is the opening of the movie which features Michael singing On the line.

[video=youtube;iWmvleHLIaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmvleHLIaM[/video]

So this is where Shabuya comes from. Shhaaaby??? Well, she is a whole different....story/song whateva u wanna call it. What matters with this1 is not how you write it, but how it gets pronounced.

Returning to that video i posted – in a very strange way i have come to identify with that movie and that song a bit too much for my own comfort. Although i look nothing like that woman in the opening of the movie, i do indeed feel very much like a 'woman in chains' only the chains that have me bound are of a very different nature, other than mere metal. My kind of slavery is very different from the physical one. It is of mental and spiritual nature, therefore much more perverse and much harder to overcome. Another song that fits perfectly is this rendition of the classic from Tears for Fears by the amazing Xavier Naidoo, here with the help of Yvonne Betz, whom i must confess i hadn't heard of until this afternoon when i ran into this great performance.

[video=youtube;qIR4qSjqZg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIR4qSjqZg8&feature=related[/video]

Unlike the woman in the song, thankfully i'm not selling “the only thing i own” but i do feel very much a prisoner of my circumstances and i need to be free, but i am terrified because there doesn't seem to anybody to care enough to do just that – to free me.

About a year ago i had a rather serious car crash. Nothing happened in the end, but the consequences could have been deadly both for me and other people. In the picture bellow you will see the trail left by my car and the gas pipe i hit. I pass by this spot every day and i often look at it with very mixed emotions. Many times it's unbelief at the thought of what might have been, other times it's gratitude, but lately....

markb.jpg

I've shown this picture to my folks and to friends at work and they all thought it was a sign of gratitude. Little did they know the real reasoning behind my action. I know it is a horrible thing to say and indeed i should thank the Lord, his saints and all the protectors who saved me that morning, but i have come to such a point where am i asking myself – WHY AM I STILL ALIVE???

I wouldn't wish ill on anyone, so i am really glad the people and the property near by were safe, but for myself and the value of my own life i no longer have much respect. Given the year that has passed since and the torments that i've had to fight before and after this i have come to consider death as a viable alternative to the existence that i now lead. As a Christian, of course i cannot risk my immortality and my relationship with the Lord by harming myself, but i do see death, as an external event, a release.

This was neither the first or the last encounter i've had with that 'awful' lady. I've always struggled between this world and the ones beyond i suppose ever since i was born. My poor mom was in labor for almost three days struggling to give birth to demanding little me. I've ran away from kindergarten over to my folks' military unit at age 4 crossing i don't know how many streets all by my shabby self lol (sounds like an adventure but could have been dangerous). I have been close to being hit by cars ever since i can remember and in many countries – from middleschool back home, to buses in other European capitals, to a car earlier this year when it literally came a few cms from hitting me. Not to mention an incident 9 years ago when 1 day after my birthday i was with an IV in my arm in intensive care, still alive because of the determination of a young female doctor when all others around her had given up on me. I still have the scar from the IV on my right wrist and although it is an almost invisible point, i know what it represents – it marks the difference between life and death.

Looking back on all of these occasions i cannot help but ask myself WHY? Although i cannot dare compare myself to Job, i can't help but wonder at times. I know i wasn't there when the Good Lord made the stars and sun, nor was i there at the foot of the cross on the Golgotha when Christ gave His last breath, but i am contributing to the pain our Saviour went through because of my sins. I know and i believe all of that, but i cannot help but ask of God – why did He save me so many times if pain is all i'm going through? Why bother? I also know the saving power of sorrow and the Passion of the Lord holds the answer and gives sense and meaning to any and all human suffering, but am i a horrible Christian if i ask these questions nonetheless?

I was asking similar questions after Michael passed away. It was inconcievable to me how the Lord could have saved Michael from the ordeal of 2003 – 2005 and all the ones before only to shortcut his life when i felt it was still incomplete. He had yet to really feel the blessings of true love in the proper setting of a holy marriage or a true completion of his mission from God, which i believed and still do to this day was much larger than maybe even Michael himself imagined. Not to mention of course the heartbreaking thought that he wouldn't get to see his babies grow up and they would have to face the world without the comfort of fatherly love.

Posing all kinds of uncomfortable questions seems to be a 'talent' of mine. Because of it, on more than one occasion, i've had people suspect me i was a journalist. I would hope one of quality. The things i usually ask are skin deep. I do like to get deep inside the minds and hearts of people and make them question their assumptions and also make them aware of new perspectives. I should stop it with the questioning at the gates of Heaven though. God is in control and He knows what He is doing, even if i or any other human being can't understand the whys and whens of His ways.

Because of the trials and tribulations that i've dealt with during the past two years in recent months one question that i've been posing to God was where is He now when He had been so prompt in rescuing me so many times and in so many ways before? Not only that, but why is He letting the enemy win? That is the sad truth, the way things stand right now, the enemy is about to win.

In my life God has been the only one who has never failed me. He is the only one i trust. I no longer really trust any human being, starting with myself. I do love people, in general and some in particular. I'd be a liar if i said i loved God and hated people. I do love people, some more than others, but at this point i do not trust anyone. I know the Lord is faithful to His word and won't let me be tempted beyond what i can bear, but as i've been trying to tell Him for so long i am dangerously treading on that line and if He does not intervene soon enough many things will be lost.

Michael's song On the line talks about putting everything on the line in order to make things right. I used to agree with it. Nowadays i cannot stand them two first lines and the 'all good things....due time' cliché. Matter of fact, i hate that kind of silly words with passion. What about the times when you put everything on the line and still that is not enough? But then again, maybe i am not enough and that's the problem to begin with.

I fear the real battle is for souls though and many are indeed on the line, many starting with mine. I canonly join Chris de Burgh when he calls out to the Lord

That train is still on time, oh my soul is on the line,
Oh Lord, You've GOT to win...

The imagery in the next video might be too much for some, but let me reassure you all that the real spiritual battles are far more frightful than any of those images there. I know that more than i would like and more than many imagine.

[video=youtube;DnaUvPoiTfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnaUvPoiTfQ[/video]

I don't wanna attempt to wrap up this new scroll on such a terrible note, therefore here goes a more hopeful song yet again by the awesome Xavier Naidoo ft. Janet Grogan – Alles kann besser werden (everything can be better). Wonderful song with great bells sounds and a beautiful message, great concept for the video –including the 'snowflakes' lol – and also a lovely tribute to Michael there with two of his dancers sporting MJ t-shirts :)

[video=youtube;wMIGQp4YhuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIGQp4YhuU[/video]

Indeed "I am not afraid to face what they fear if it means I can break free". Thing is – i am not naïve enough to believe 'alles' can and will be better, not soon anyways. What i've been praying and needing for so long was that at least some things would get better, to have the tiniest bit of reason 'not to give up' and have a real motivation for holding on. Beyond anything else, uncertainty about many things and many people is my greatest enemy and a true killer. The most frightful part is that nobody on earth and unfortunately it seems even in heaven doesn't seem to want to give me at least the comfort of certainty if not that of fulfillment and joy.

Btw of the 'himmel' Xavier talks about. Here are a couple of pictures i've taken in my garden and at my gates on September 30[SUP]th[/SUP] around 8 a.m. before headin' for work. I've always loved this kind of scenes with light coming out of clouds. I do think of them as signs of hope. The quality of the photos may not be great, but in a way the painting-like lack of clarity makes them even more interesting in my humble estimation.

hopek.jpg

30sett.jpg

33 years ago on October 16[SUP]th [/SUP]blessed John Paul II was elected pope. I've had this beautiful image of his from one of my best friends, Chris, me sis. She gave it to me when she returned from Rome many years ago. It used to be in my parents' house, but i've taken it today and placed it on the inside of my door.

lolek1.jpg

While doing some searching of videos related to John Paul II i came across a wonderful comment on youtube. I can only adhere to it with all my soul.

Caro Santo Padre, tu che sei nella storia per aver dato al mondo la speranza che Dio riesca a raccoglierci tutti in un grande abbraccio, dammi solo la forza di andare avanti, e sopratutto dammi la forza di avere fede senza che mi senti abbandonato.

Dear Holy Father, you who have made History by giving the world hope that God would reunite us all in a great embrace, give me the strength to go on, and most of all give me the strength to have faith without feeling abandoned.

Unfortunately for me, i already felt abandoned. What i do need from Lolek is the strength to go on. I know the beautiful story of the two sets of trails in the sand and the moment that we feel we are alone it is actually Jesus who is carrying us, but i still need to see a couple of trails in my desert.

Lolek, prega per...me e per noi, se essiste il noi per quale pregare.

JESUS, i trust in You and You alone. Thy will be done. AMEN