Christmas & winter music

Antwort

Proud Member
Considering the season that is upon us I thought we could share some tunes to get into the holiday spirit with songs from around the world and along the ages.

ANY genre, language and tradition is welcome as long as they deal with Christmas and/or winter themes. This thread is for those who celebrate the birth of Christ, but also for those who simply embrace the magic of nature. It is for kids from 1 to 92 who haven't lost their sense of marvel, faith in the beauty of the world and human kind(ness).

Central and Eastern Europe seems a pretty awesome start to the journey :)

Last edited:

Bad World Tour

Proud Member
Rigth now i dont have sound on my pc and to be honest i dont know how to put youtube videos like you all did
but i would like to share this link video with you ´all.

why not watch an entire show or a christmas concert?:scorerer:
Christmas in Rockefeller Center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_8195oX3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stvxidsnRpQ

there are others type like concert in a church with choir and stuff...

Nowadays is easy to put them(videos) on your tv and there you go:cheers:
have fun
enjoy
happy holydays

blue eyes

Proud Member
Very interesting and beautiful to see how people around the world celebrate Christmas. Thank you Girl for created this thread :advent:
I come with two different stiles, the first vid is a Villancico (Spanish name for Christmas song) from Andalusia and the second one and most special to me from Majorca along with more information of that medieval treasure
This one is not that happy but beautiful
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_of_the_Sibyl

I hope you enjoy :)

Antwort

Proud Member
Thanks everyone for the lovely contributions. They are rather new things for me.

Dewster, I wasn't aware of Third Day. They sound awesome. I need to check out more of their music. I knew Enya obviously, but not this particular rendition. Marvelous, thank you :bow:

BWT, I must admit that I haven't had the chance yet to view the two shows you linked, but I will make time in the future. I did a quick scan and saw some familiar faces and voices. The shows are bound to be great. Btw, It's quite easy to upload videos and very similar to using links. You just need to press the icon I highlighted :)

2uyspdi.jpg

Blue, it's soooo nice to see you back. I was about to post a missing person's report in the Smiles thread to track you down lolol Back in my school years I've learnt a couple of villancicos, but they weren't from Andalucia. Very interesting story about the Sibyl song too. Muchas gracias!!!

And since this is MJJC, how 'bout a stop in Motownville courtesy of some brilliant fellows from Gary, Indiana??? :D

dewey

Proud Member
Ah yes, Third Day is one of my favorite Christian bands. :yes: And Enya's voice is so amazingly beautiful.

blue eyes

Proud Member
Awww thanks so much Girl for your kind words , I missed to be here too but my neck does not allow me to be tat much on the computer for now, so quick stop to share some of the most popular tv commercial on this part of the wold. Bdw I saw great choices here :D

National lottery we called the fat one :)
Not commercial The Piano Guys and others
I will be back soon :santa_elf: :)

Last edited:

Antwort

Proud Member
^^^ :rofl: that was a good one Sheila. Guess Sump'n Claus is the man to go to, most especially for someone with my location. Being founder, owner & resident of Naughtyland kinda puts me at odds with Santa :p

blue eyes, thanks again for all the lovely videos. I remember other Freixenet commercials from ages ago and being surprised at the way the word was pronounced lol. We were taught Castellano, not Catalan in school. The other ones were really beautiful and inspiring. Keep 'em coming, but only when your health allows.

Some of the things I'm sharing here I'm discovering myself these days. My finds for today are

And in a similar spirit is this whole album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaAxI2GjFTs

Antwort

Proud Member
I've always loved listening to Frank during the holiday season, but today it's even more special. Happy birthday Frank! God rest your beautiful soul.

YumYumBomb_3

Proud Member
It's , I think, the best, though it's very very famous!! Great song!!

The Jackson 5 - Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town

YumYumBomb_3

Proud Member
And it's ,I think, the best, though it's so famous!!! Great song!!!

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Antwort

Proud Member
^^^ Me neither. It was very funny. And to keep it up with the fun groove.......

and considering the day today.............some Star Wars spirit as well :p

blue eyes

Proud Member
Poor Santa,to carry men around it must be a really heavy job :D
Italians having fun :) Buon Natale
And a little fairy dust, sweet commercial
And those beautiful boys....:p
:santaclaus:

Last edited:

Antwort

Proud Member
Poor Santa,to carry men around it must be a really heavy job :D

Most probably is, but as they say, somebody's gotta do it :cheeky: I guess we'll have to ask him next time we see him :p

The commercial you posted was very, very sweet and inspiring. So much so, that it made me take a lil' walk down memory lane and I was suddenly reminded of my two favorite Christmas commercials/campaigns of all time.

He does exist :swoon:

The song and the visuals for these have always been favorites of mine for the holiday season. Wasn't aware of the British one though from 2006, very nice as well. Michael may have had his Pepsi thing goin' on, but I definitely got my own special Cola connection :p

Btw of the Frosty song you posted blue.....I found a very funny take on it from none other than Mr. Howard Donald from Take That who turns out to be quite the cheeky fellow :D In his #asthexmassonggoes series on his Twitter the other day he went ? frosty the snowman Melted and Mrs frosty spent Xmas alone ? lol

The Italian video was also very funny. I actually had something in mind including Italian, but it will have to wait for the next stop on this Christmas express :santa_elf:

blue eyes

Proud Member
Thank you Girl,watched on twitter that hashtag funny LOL :)very nice the light caravan, I can see why you liked
I did some travel around the wold :)
From France
Italy
Portuguese
Australian:

Happy Sunday

Antwort

Proud Member
Would you believe me blue if I told ya that I had a verrrry similar geographical/linguistic trip in mind? With the exception of Australia, I was also thinkin' of using French, Portuguese and Italian for a bit of a Latin flavor lolol. I guess I'll have to leave that for some other day. Your selection for today is absolutely excellent. Thank you so much :bow: Still laughin' at the Aussie one :lol:

I guess my destination for today is.....................Hungary :D

^^uses the melody for Gloria, in excelsis Deo

^^has the very same music as the Cola Christmas commercials from the other day. I presume the lyrics are a bit different though. I looooove the way the language sounds, but my braggin' rights when it comes to Hungarian are non-existent considering I know only a couple of words or so lolol. Great language and great people though. Love 'em much!

Some Hungarian medieval music as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgh-txSNIJE

Last edited:

Antwort

Proud Member
......while today it's time for a bit of German and Norwegian treasures :D

Antwort

Proud Member
As a Christian, the magic of snow, the majesty of mountains and all other wonders of nature talk to me about the glory of God. However, that does not impede me to have respect for other people's beliefs. For some, today is a very important celebration - the Winter Solstice. Happy holiday to them :)

card_ws3.jpg

Which is why the music I'm compelled to listen to tonight has a Celtic flavor to it.

I've loved this ever since I've discovered it quite a few years ago. The full concert can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTQgKBPQkf0

And good, 'ole Bing with a seasonal favorite of mine

blue eyes

Proud Member
What a coincidence about the geographical tryp Girl, that is nice :) Today your words about respect other Religions as well as I do too made me think about that moment on NY .It whasnot at Chrismast but I think is a powerful message

THE Christmas Troparion From Libanon
From Greece

Bdw beautiful selection Girl thank you :yes: :):snowing: