Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

TinnyandOdd

Proud Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
948
Points
0
analogue;4094825 said:
Sounds lip synced to me

From my understanding, he always lip sang the song until the second spin and break down in backround vocalists "yeah / make that change / man in the mirror" solo, to which MJ would come in with his live ad-lib for the last 2ish minutes of the song :)
 
Last edited:

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
Hess;4094120 said:
I really really hope for a Dangerous doc too. - I suppose there are much more studio footage from Dangerous (1991) than from Off The Wall (1979) - so if Spike Lee also makes the D25 doc - I really hope for much more studio footage.

Imagine seeing MJ record Who Is It, Will You Be There, Gone Too Soon, Heal the World, Give Into Me, Black or White - and the other classics.

A large part of that kind of footage is shown exclusively (& at a high price) to an audience of 45-50 people by Sundberg during his seminars that take place every now & then...

It goes without saying that the millions of MJ fans deserve more that this, so a DVD with that kind of studio footage should get an official release.
 

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
TinnyandOdd;4094846 said:
From my understanding, he always lip sang the song until the second spin and break down in backround vocalists "yeah / make that change / man in the mirror" solo, to which MJ would come in with his live ad-lib for the last 2ish minutes of the song :)

With the exception of Munich when MJ sang live the first, few words of ‘Man in the Mirror’:

[video=youtube;CRuUAjGPqpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRuUAjGPqpM[/video]
 

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
5,761
Points
83
Psychoniff;4094715 said:
Why do the MJ fan community hate OTW and Thriller era? This was MJ at his best.

Lol where did that come from?

Galactus123;4094889 said:
He starts sining live around 5:15. You can hear that he sang over the playback then.

Actually he starts singing live before that. At 4:30 :)
 

Galactus123

Proud Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Donations
$8.00
Messages
5,075
Points
63
Themidwestcowboy;4094916 said:
Actually he starts singing live before that. At 4:30 :)

Actually no. He started singing live at that point on Bad Tour. On Dangerous Tour he started singing later. Check Bucharest for example :)
 

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
5,761
Points
83
Galactus123;4094919 said:
Actually no. He started singing live at that point on Bad Tour. On Dangerous Tour he started singing later. Check Bucharest for example :)

Are we talking about the same video? I'm talking about the video MJ Frenzy posted. Also theres a difference between the amount of live singing on MITM if you compare the early shows (Munich,Monza,Stockholm), to the later shows (Madrid,Bucharest,Tokyo). He sung MITM live earlier at the beginning of the tour.

As for the Video posted by MJ Frenzy

[video=youtube;CRuUAjGPqpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRuUAjGPqpM[/video]

You can clearly hear that he comes in in 4:30 cause the playbacks cuts off and the microphone feed is too low but adjusts rather quickly. If that doesn't convince you then listen to him adlibbing on that part as well (Hoo, Hee, you know it)

I must say his voice on the early shows (Munich in particular) was outstanding!

Edit: Oh I am so sorry! I see now that you were talking about Mexico and not Munich. My apologies!
 

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
I think that it would be interesting to know from which earlier ‘Dangerous’ concert they chose the part with the girl (during ‘She’s out of my Life’) that replaced the original one in Bucharest.
 

Dudex

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
1,767
Points
48
mj_frenzy;4095081 said:
I think that it would be interesting to know from which earlier ‘Dangerous’ concert they chose the part with the girl (during ‘She’s out of my Life’) that replaced the original one in Bucharest.
this girl is from Frankfurt, check an amateur footage
ezgif-770100263.gif
 
Last edited:

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
Dudex;4095095 said:
this girl is from Frankfurt, check an amateur footage
ezgif-770100263.gif

The girl is from the concert in Frankfurt (28.08.1992).

Thank you!
 
Last edited:

analogue

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
7,940
Points
83
I think a ''Best Of The Dangerous Tour'' Blu Ray/DVD would work best.
 

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
analogue;4095152 said:
I think a ''Best Of The Dangerous Tour'' Blu Ray/DVD would work best.

In this case, they should make it clear to which concerts (or dates) each live clip belongs to.
 

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
I am really interested in seeing the Cardiff concert (August 5, 1992) because it was different from all the other ‘Dangerous’ shows.

Due to heavy rain, the stage needed to be cleaned many times (during the show) & MJ while was waiting he interacted a lot with the fans...

I post a snippet of the first ‘Dangerous’ concert in Munich.

It was taken from a Greek channel (the commentator does not say something out of the ordinary apart from the fact that the costumes weighed almost 2 tons):

[video=youtube;fkmF-aXW4m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmF-aXW4m4[/video]
 
Last edited:

analogue

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
7,940
Points
83
mj_frenzy;4095289 said:
In this case, they should make it clear to which concerts (or dates) each live clip belongs to.

I agree. If they were to do a ''best of'' Blu Ray, then they should be honest about it
 

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,800
Points
83
I don't mean to be the constant messenger of bad news, because I think it's great that we're all discussing what we'd like to see next year, but I'm hoping desperately that we're all keeping our expectations in check.

I've seen fans express their own desired plans for what they would like to see for a project, only to be shattered and furious when it doesn't happen. More than enough fans were angry to "only" get six new songs on Bad 25 despite the fact that that's more new music than Michael gave us himself between 2002 and 2009.

The harsh truth is that there's a slight chance Dangerous 25 might not happen for a plethora of reasons. There's an even lesser chance that we'll be getting any new concert alongside it - I'll be genuinely shocked if that occurs.

I don't mean to stunt the ongoing conversations. I just want to make sure next year, whatever happens, I don't see fans coming in and getting upset because their own picture perfect idea of a project didn't happen.
 

rsggamer123

Proud Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
962
Points
0
Location
A, A
I would absolutely LOVE to have a live cd of the Dangerous tour. I have the Bucharest concert on cd and would be absolutely amazing to have it in high quality, soundboard quality. I think the Dangerous tour had by far the best band out of all of his tours.
 

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
1,940
Points
48
Location
Greece
AlwaysThere;4096138 said:
I don't mean to be the constant messenger of bad news, because I think it's great that we're all discussing what we'd like to see next year, but I'm hoping desperately that we're all keeping our expectations in check.

I've seen fans express their own desired plans for what they would like to see for a project, only to be shattered and furious when it doesn't happen. More than enough fans were angry to "only" get six new songs on Bad 25 despite the fact that that's more new music than Michael gave us himself between 2002 and 2009.

The harsh truth is that there's a slight chance Dangerous 25 might not happen for a plethora of reasons. There's an even lesser chance that we'll be getting any new concert alongside it - I'll be genuinely shocked if that occurs.

I don't mean to stunt the ongoing conversations. I just want to make sure next year, whatever happens, I don't see fans coming in and getting upset because their own picture perfect idea of a project didn't happen.

There seems to be a big anticipation/excitement from the fans, probably even bigger than the ‘BAD 25’, regarding a live ‘Dangerous Tour’ official DVD.

I hope this will play a role in the forthcoming ‘Dangerous 25’ release.
 

Doggone

Proud Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2013
Messages
1,203
Points
38
mj_frenzy;4096256 said:
There seems to be a big anticipation/excitement from the fans, probably even bigger than the ‘BAD 25’, regarding a live ‘Dangerous Tour’ official DVD.

I hope this will play a role in the forthcoming ‘Dangerous 25’ release.

But how can we let the Estate and Sony show that we are really excited about a Dangerous 25 release? We need to get their attention... Do they check this forum?
 

Galactus123

Proud Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Donations
$8.00
Messages
5,075
Points
63
rsggamer123;4096173 said:
I would absolutely LOVE to have a live cd of the Dangerous tour. I have the Bucharest concert on cd and would be absolutely amazing to have it in high quality, soundboard quality. I think the Dangerous tour had by far the best band out of all of his tours.

I hope not. The Bucharest concert doesn't sound good at all.
 
Last edited:

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,800
Points
83
mj_frenzy;4096256 said:
There seems to be a big anticipation/excitement from the fans, probably even bigger than the ‘BAD 25’, regarding a live ‘Dangerous Tour’ official DVD. I hope this will play a role in the forthcoming ‘Dangerous 25’ release.

The Estate can't afford to spend millions on projects that pander to the lowest common denominator (the few thousand fans who are active on Internet discussion boards). Public interest is their highest priority - that's why the Xscape album was such a strong seller.

Bad 25 was a disaster sales wise. Sony and the estate both put substantial amounts of money toward the project, what with the restoration of the Wembley concert and the various packages and the Spike Lee documentary - it was easily their most elaborate concoction so far. And sales did not reflect that because it simply didn't attract the public as strongly as they thought it would.

Dangerous isn't even a fraction as popular as Bad is with the general public. Not that it doesn't deserve the recognition, but I wouldn't doubt that the estate is more than a bit hesitant to put a ton of money knowing they won't be getting it back.

At most I'm anticipating four or five new songs and that's it. That way, anything more will be a pleasant surprise. But history has so far proven that it's best to keep expectations as low as possible.
 

Tony R

Proud Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
2,605
Points
0
Location
UK
The mistake with Bad25 was that they should have pushed the Live DVD & CD more rather than the extra tracks that no-one outside the hardcore fan community is interested in.

They could have gathered massive interest releasing Billie Jean, WBSS, Smooth Criminal or (my choice) Dirty Diana live as a single & video.

I think if it wasn't for here I'd barely have been aware that the DVD box set even existed. Yet it's the best MJ release for 20 years.
 

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,800
Points
83
Tony R;4096365 said:
The mistake with Bad25 was that they should have pushed the Live DVD & CD more rather than the extra tracks that no-one outside the hardcore fan community is interested in.

New material is the estate's biggest seller. Michael and Xscape are their two most popular projects thus far. The public isn't all that interested in Michael Jackson live.
 
Top